“Wonderful View!”

Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Petersburg, Virginia
“Wonderful View!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The best part of this trip was the wonderful view! I traveled with my family and we booked 2 rooms. One of the rooms initially smelled of paint and we attempted to get the room changed after contacting the front desk. That took an extremely long time so the room eventually aired out, we no longer smelled the paint and decided to keep the room. The other room was great, aside from the door to the balcony got stuck and we were no longer able to access our balcony which was the main reason for choosing an oceanfront room! Very upsetting! The front desk was informed of this as well but all we got was a simple apology. When visiting concierge, he attempted to get us to tour another hotel and shared information about a timeshare but after nicely declining about two times we were free to go. I wish the hotel had a later check-out time. Check-out here was at 10am. Other than the paint smell problem and the door being stuck, we overall enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
William B, General Manager at Beach Quarters Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
HI, I'm Bill Beddie, Resort Manager at Beach Quarters. We strive to accomodate all issues especially upon check in and previous bookings to the best of our ability. We are delighted you truly enjoyed your stay at Virginia Beach and particularly happy that despite the initial check in to your room with an order of fresh paint, we were able to accomodate your desires including the room move. I hope you take the opportunity to allow us to serve you during your next visit to Virginia Beach. Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Maryland
Reviewed 1 May 2014

In February I reserved a 1 bedroom suite for a getaway week at the end of April. This was to celebrate my birthday along with our 40th wedding anniversary. We like the "shoulder seasons" at the boardwalk where it is generally quiet and we can go walking, biking and fishing. One day before we were to leave I got an e-mail from the Gold Key people alerting us to an "event" at the boardwalk that weekend that might impact traffic in the area. Little did we know until our arrival that it was "beach week" when every ill-behaved underage teeny bopper descends on Va Beach to make as much trouble as they can. I think it is actually a contest to see who can get arrested first. We checked in and were assigned a ground floor room with a door that opened right onto the boardwalk but did not have a working deadbolt lock. My husband and I are seniors and were terrified of staying there with gangs of drunk teenagers outside and no door lock so we both leaned against the door as hard as we could and finally the lock held. In the room next door there was considerable underage drinking and partying going on but we tried to turn up the air conditioning fan so we could drown out the noise and get some sleep since we had driven seven hours to get there. After three more hours of unmitigated noise someone decided to vomit right outside our door and I decided I had had enough. We went to the front desk to explain the situation--we were told they were aware of the problem but there was nothing they could do, so we checked out and drove seven hours back home. I feel that Gold Key treated us like second class citizens because we used an II Getaway to reserve our week and clearly we were keeping them from making more money selling rooms to the animal house crowd. If this is the clientele they are looking to attract then they have succeeded. I for one will never set foot in a Gold Key resort again. By the way, on our way out of the parking garage we had to get out of the car and sweep away broken beer bottles with our feet in order to get around them. I reported it to the front desk but no one seemed to care. A real nice parting touch, Gold Key.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. You'll automatically be in a better room anywhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank rjknjk

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

long island, new york
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our parties both arrived in SUV's and didn't have too hard of a time navigating the insanely small parking garage. Larger SUV's, Suburbans or Expeditions, good luck making the hair pin turns moving both up and down in the garage. DO NOT Attempt to have a cargo rack on the roof, it will not fit at all. Last time down, we had to empty the contents of the cargo box, and remove the cargo box from the roof before entering the parking garage

We have been to the Beach Quarters Resort once before a couple years ago with the same couple we went this time. I think we are going to check out another hotel next time we visit.
Check in was not a problem and our friends had a joining room with us, which was very convenient. We do love that the patios all face the ocean and you do get an amazing sunrise each morning. With that sunrise, if your room is facing the ocean, you better bring some rope or tape to make sure the curtains are fully covering the windows, otherwise its rise and shine with the sun. The rooms that are in the back, or face the street, do not have this problem. We had those rooms last time.
The house service was a bit off this time. We had asked for towels twice and the only time they came was when we had to ask one of the cleaning ladies in the hall for them. My friend was able to get some later on and another employee of the hotel was able to get us some as well.
One big thing that bothered us was that it took 4 requests to get extra toilet paper, since we had barely a roll left. House keeping was called twice and the front desk once, nothing over the course of the day, after being told,"It'll be right up!" I had to walk to the front desk and ask, with a little bit of a tone, can we have some toilet paper. Again, about an hour later, it came.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank frankieb6024
William B, Manager at Beach Quarters Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for you input regarding your stay at Beach Quarters. I'm Bill Beddie the Resort Manager at BQ. Your inputs are very valuable not only with identify issues but to ensure we excel and meet our guest expectations. I plan to share your findings with my staff on our next morning shift meeting. Our parking garage is tight and does drawn concerns with guest visiting with large vehicles. We afford ample parking accross the street to accomodate large vehicles and for guest who would rather have open access to parking in a lot vice the garage. Indeed our rooms do all face the rising sun and at times not only the warmth but the early morning sunshine quickly changes the mood and lighting within the rooms. We appreciate your stay and look forward to serving as your choice of resort on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I would not recommend this hotel, Not a Resort by far! Unless you have a sub-compact car or midsize vehicle or even a motorcycle you will be fine in their garage. If you have a suv or an extra large vehicle it is very very very difficult to maneuver around this garage. When they have to put yellow Styrofoam around every turn to get in and out of the garage you know its bad. Now for the rooms. You hear every noise that is coming from the hallways as folks are coming in drunk from the bars. It's like there is no insulation in the walls. They are paper thin. The place needs updating and renovating. No room service only once a week and you had to go get your clean towels from the front desk. The TV was all static in the picture. This is by far the worst hotel I have stayed to on Va Beach. The pool was either 18 inches on one pool and 5 ft at the other pool. No happy middle for your 5 and 7 year old children.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
William B, Manager at Beach Quarters Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
HI, I'm Bill Beddie, Resort Manager at Beach Quarters. We strive to accomodate all issues especially upon check in and previous bookings to the best of our ability. The property houses three pools and one pool is specific to young children. Our parking garage is tight and does drawn concerns with guest visiting with large vehicles. We afford ample parking accross the street to accomodate large vehicles and for guest who would rather have open access to parking in a lot vice the garage. Week long stays are accomodated with a complete room clean on Wednesday and any other amenties, towels or room necessities are easliy obtainable via the phone sytem. Again, thank you for chosing us and we would like the opportunity to extend our welcome on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The only issue we had was we had 5 adults and 3 kids in 2 rooms. We booked months ahead of our stay and had requested 2 adjoining rooms. When checking in, found out we weren't even on the same floor. They did some rearranging and we were able to at least get the same floor, fine with us, we managed. As for the parking garage, a friend had a 1 month old 13 fusion, and, had no issue what so ever...that car is 192 inches long, and, 73 inches wide. If you have issues, you shouldn't be driving, period. Looking forward to our next stay!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Red_Sr
William B, General Manager at Beach Quarters Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
HI, I'm Bill Beddie, Resort Manager at Beach Quarters. We strive to accomodate all issues especially upon check in and previous bookings to the best of our ability. I'm sorry we could not afford the adjoing rooms and we're pleased you found the stay enjoyable and to your standards. Our parking garage is tight and does drawn concerns with guest visiting with large vehicels. We afford ample parking accross the street to accomodate large vehicles and for guest who would rather have open access to parking in a lot vice the garage. Again, thank you for chosing us and we look forward to serving your needs upon your next venture to Virginia Beach.
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Our room was a studio with a garden tub, seperate toilet, small frige, microwave, table and chairs, large tv, king bed. The room was pretty small but there are suites available with full kitchens and more space. All rooms have balconies overlooking the boardwalk and ocean. There is an indoor pool, kiddie pool and spa. A rooftop outdoor pool, tennis court, gym (extra fee), daily activiites (the history tour is a waste of time-no info given by "guide"), access to a neighboring pool at Turtle Cay.
The hotel sits at the south end of the beach in walking distance to restaraunts, shops and attractions along the boardwalk

Room Tip: I would get a room with a full kitchen if you want to eat in.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sam319
HI, I'm Bill the Resort Manager at Beach Quarters Resort. I'm delighted your stay was enjoyable. Our staff takes pride in presenting you with a room that meets your needs and satisfaction. Your comments and concerns are shared with my staff during our preshift meetings. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you on future trips to the VIrginia Beach area
Charlotte Hall, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I come to va beach a few times a year and this has to be the worst visit yet. I'm cheaking out of the hotel today and I'm glad I can get my kids home to get some rest.

Non of us had any sleep the past two days because how loud everything was and my 7yo came running to my bed at 4am crying cause he was scared of all the noises.

Yesterday we went to get breakfast and by the time we came back the room was clean and restocked. We started getting ready for a funeral (the reason for our trip) and my son came running into the living room naked and in tears saying someone just walked into the room. I did hear the door slam shut and I ran to the hallway to find the guy and he's vary lucky I didn't.

The room was cleaned and restocked so why would anyone need to come to the room and just walk in not knock or anything. We booked the Ramada for 5days in may that we arealso going to cancel.

• Stayed February 2014