“Loved our stay”

Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Loved our stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel has a great location and they have gone through a large renovation and updated, which was great. All the staff are very helpful in any of our needs. The pool on the 7th floor with the bar and food makes for an all inclusive experience. Can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: A one bedroom on the 7th floor if you like the pool you can swim early morning alone and at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MDR1999
William B, General Manager at Beach Quarters Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Beach Quarters. Good day.. I'm Bill Beddie the Resort Manager at Beach Quarters. One of the most important things we do as a team is strive to deliver an experince you'll remember not only at our Resort but while vacationing at Virgnia Beach. In your case, we're delighted to be your choice and pleased you have noted all the hard work and renovations. It is heatwarming to share your positive notes. I share all feedback, with my crew, during morning meetings and I look forward to reading your feedback first thing tomorrow. Again, thank you for allowing us to service your needs and we look forward to your next visit at Beach Quarters

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was our second stay at Beach Quarters. We love Virginia Beach, but especially like staying at Beach Quarters as you are guaranteed an ocean view. There is nothing like waking in the morning, stepping out on your private porch, to see the ocean, watch the dolphins jump (sometimes), people watch and listen to the waves. The resort itself is decent. The room we had was a "hotel room" - one room, "kitchenette" (microwave, sink, apartment sized refrigerator), and a nice plus is the Jacuzzi tub. It was just the two of us, so the size of the room was not an issue. The rooms are very clean, although décor a bit dated. There were also activities at the resort (yoga on the beach, history walk, games by the pool) which was nice. We like the quieter side of the beach, so it fits our style. Also - free Wifi and HBO, and a dvd in the room as well. Some negatives were that the railing (9 stories high) was a bit jiggly - so we made sure not to lean on it. Also, the safe in the room did not work. Other than these two things - it is a nice place. Not fancy, but the view beats another more modern resort that might offer a view of the street! (also the parking garage is convenient - but scary!) Glad my husband was driving....

Room Tip: We like the higher levels - nicer view of the boardwalk.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terri B
HI, I'm Bill Beddie the Resort Manger at Beach Quarters. Your comments spark our early morning meetings as a team. We're delighted that the "atmosphere" set the stage for your Beach retreat including the fantastic view of the Ocean which is seen from all 168 rooms. I appreciate the input on shortcomings with the operational status of our equipment. I assure you the matters are well underway toward resolve and better position the room for the next guest whom I hope enjoys their time as well as you have. We look forward to your "third" stay and for years to come. We sincerely appreciate your business and the opportunity to be your choice time and time again.
Rhode Island
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The resort is at the south end of the Atlantic Ave strip. There are plenty of places to eat, shop, etc nearby. For anything further up the strip, you can take the trolley. We used the trolley a few times. You can also use the pool at their sister resort diagonally across the street, Turtle Cay. The rooftop pool at Beach Quarters is an added bonus. Rooms are comfortable. Love the balcony, you can sit out there and savor the ocean, nighttime is the best.

This was the second time we stayed at this resort, and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: get a room either 4th floor or higher, better views of the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
William B, General Manager at Beach Quarters Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
HI, I'm Bill Beddie, the Resort Manager at Beach Quarters. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Roof Top Pool on the 7th deck. Your excitement and your mention of returning to Beach Quarters on future stays is what we long to hear. Our staff work hard at making every guest and every visit an enjoyable and memorable stay. I plan to share your comments with my staff at our next preshift meeting. We look forward to bringing you the same quality of "expected" service on all visits to Beach Quarters while vacationing in Virginia Beach.
Bristol TN
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our 3rd stay at this resort. Stayed on the 6th floor which has a great view of the boardwalk and ocean. Fun to people watch from the balcony. Had a 1 bedroom which was ok except for the fact it only had double beds. A little hard to get used to when you're used to queen size at home. Had to ask for detergents at the front desk that were supposed to be in the room.
Like most other reviews covered parking is rather treacherous. Go slow and careful and most vehicles will survive. Obvious from marks on poles, not all have. Beach in front of resort was pretty much taken up preparing for a monster truck rally on the beach scheduled for the weekend. Good part about that is we got to watch the whole show on Friday night sitting on our balcony. Resort is located on south end with plenty of action and places to eat. Love the VA Beach boardwalk - one of the best anywhere. Will return to the area, may or may not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on a middle floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Beach Quarters offers tremendous "up font" viewing from all of our 168 Suites that face the Ocenan and numrerous events year round. I am delighted that you had the opportunity to watch first hand the Monster truck event right from your private balcony. I would hope that we will be your choice of stay and the resort of choice on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I just wanted to getaway for 3-4 days. We headed to Va Beach and ended up at Beach Quarters just by driving down Atlantic Avenue. My husband went in to check out the rooms and after his approval, I went in. A very comfortable room on the 7th floor with a GREAT view and location. From the front desk people (Evan) to the concierge (Brandon). The SandBar Grill on the 7th floor was so good. Delicious drinks and reasonable menu for light meals and snacks. We can highly recommend Beach Quarters.

Room Tip: The 4th-8th floors have great views although ALL rooms face the ocean. Incredible sunrises.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LarryandLinda
Thank you for staying with us at Beach Quarters. I'm Bill Beddie the Resort Manager. It is always comforting to know that many guest actually drive the beach and select their place to stay. I'm happy that our staff met your expectations and appreciate the kind remarks. I plan to share your experience and inputs at our next morning staff meeting. We appreciate having the opportunity in serving you while stay at Virginia Beach. We look forward to providing the same quality of service on your future trips. Thank you for chosing Beach Quartes.
New York Mills, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Thank you Housekeeping for a wonderful clean room , we had stayed there a few weeks ago they where very busy. One housekeeper named Rekel was awsome she explain how the Department had a new Manager on Site. This was great news past stays where awful. This stay was Great New carpet in the rooms made a diffrence. the best part of this stay Housekeeping looked so tired and we saw the manager helping cleaning rooms to get the guest in the rooms for there stay. We travel alot and i mena alot never in my life i have seen a Executive house keeper help clean a room . overall front desk clerk Evan was great as well such a nice person.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ron S
Thank you for you sharing your pleasure with our staff duirng your recent stay at Beach Quarters. My name is Bill Beddie, the Resort Manager at Beach Quarters. It's very pleasing and I thank you for recognizing not only the Executive Housekeeper but, also her room assistance Rekel. We meet for stand ups and I plan to share your inputs to the entire staff. We are pleased that you not only chose us for the first visit but made a point to follow up and allowed us the opportunity to make your stay at the beach rememorable. Thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
WARRENTON
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at Beach Quarters last week from Weds. to Sat. When I arrived to my room on the 10th floor at 8 a.m. I was mortified at how dirty it was. It was supposedly cleaned the day before according to cleaning card. The floors and carpet were dirty,large balcony window smeared with something, microwave filthy and greasy and worst of all the furniture ( which looked as if it was purchased at a second hand store) was stained and smelly and the rug was a terrible musty smell. The maid service arrived after I had tidied a bit and told me the room looked fine and until I asked them to at least clean the bathroom and microwave they were going to leave. She did a quick "thorough" cleaning with awful smelling chemical products and the hard floor had a greasy feel to it after. The room continued to smell bad. I put one of the bed comforters over the sofa to make it more tolerable and found crusted food on it. I felt disgusted. I used the shower hoping to feel better after and it was like a mobil home shower. Small and very low, light pressure felt I had to bend forward not to hit my head on the shower head. I felt like I was in a second rate motel and was resigning myself to having to go home the next day or that night. I called the front desk and told them how dirty the room was and asked if it was possible to get another one that was actually clean. There was one left on the first floor thank God and I checked it first to see if it smelled. Lucky for me it had a bit of a smell but not bad or musty. It was great having a door going out to the beach right from my room. I didn't have to walk down a long outdoor corridor and wait for the slow elevator. The biggest complaint with this room was that the bedroom wall was adjacent to the heavy door going out to the garage which slammed shut so hard and loudly it made the wall and bed headboard shake and the noise was terrible. the walls had no soundproofing so anyone going in and out talking loud were heard loud and clear. One of the comforters had blood stain in one area....gross!! The tiny space outside the beachside door was so small it was rather pointless. Thanks heavens I had the beach right there. The kitchenettes ( a counter with a coffee pot and two burner stovetop crammed into an area next to the fridge) are nothing like the description given. Too call this place a resort is a major joke. The facility was just drab and dirty and smelly throughout and the staff disheveled. I actually had to come to the aide of folks not able to access the door from the beach into the building due to it not functioning properly locking them out not taking any key card. I called the front desk and someone came to repair. This "hotel" needs a total major overhaul and I would not stay there again and would warn anyone to think twice. The noise, cleanliness and overall quality is just terrible. I didn't trust using any other areas in the place because it felt so dank and dirty everywhere... except of course the lobby. I feel sorry for the front desk staff as they were friendly and cordial but they have to pay the price for a facility that only works against them doing a good job. I lucked out that I was able to turn a bad situation into a better one but my first visit back to the beach in 20 years was not one to look back on with fond memories thanks to Beach Quarters Resort.

Room Tip: I would choose a room in another Hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo