“Clean rooms, comfy beds and friendly staff!”

Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbridge
“Clean rooms, comfy beds and friendly staff!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My friends and I were in VA Beach for the weekend to attend a conference at the ARE Center. The staff was very courteous, pleasant, helpful and smiling. Our rooms were ready upon arrival and clean and neat.

We received a great off season rate for our oceanfront rooms. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant one morning and loved our ocean view. Again the staff was very nice and happy.

We will most likely return here to stay at our next conference.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I booked the Wyndham Resorts Virginia Beach location on Priceline and got a great deal. The hotel was very nice as you would expect for a Wyndham. The staff was very courteous and helpful and my room was excellent.

The hot tub was a big plus since the weekend was very cold and rainy. Hardly a beach time of year. And they had a parking garage for patrons.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Herndon
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Two times hotel staff came to my room and was annoyed because I wasn't ready for them at that time. Once was maintenance, when I wasn't expecting them to return and I had just gotten out of the shower. I was informed that they had other things to do when I asked them to come back in 10 minutes, because I wasn't dressed. Then housekeeping knocked on my door an hour before check out, asked me if I had a late check out. I said no. And she tapped her watch and said 1 hour.

I found both of these encounters ridiculously rude, especially considering the hotel was half empty as it was off season and it wasn't like they were at peek turn over. Also, the toilet paper and tissues were never replaced once, towels would sometimes be replaced and other times just the bed made and they would leave, regardless of where the towels were. It felt very disorganized and I felt like I was not a valued customer. Which is sad, because I come down there 5 or 6 times a year.

The decor is extremely dated, but I understand from people in the area that you are working on updating the hotel. Still, the old air conditioning units, bed frames that were too big for a King mattress, headboards that were separated from the wall, loud whirlpool tubs, (the neighbors tub filling could wake you up, and poor sound proofing to the hallway.

On the other hand, the front desk staff was nice, I liked the ease of garage to room access, the balcony was a nice treat and although the whirlpool tub was loud, it was also nice to have. Room service was very quick and the food was good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

2 Thank mybleweyedgurl
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 23 February 2013

our stay extended over the entire weekend---the staff was extremely friendly and very attentive, we enjoyed the food at the restaurant where we ate throughout our time there---the food was delicious and the service was wonderful!!! The rooms were comfortable and clean---i definitely would recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We recently held a fundraiser at the Wyndham Oceanfront over an entire weekend. The service from the front desk to the restaurant to the banquet staff was impeccable. The food was the best we have had there in the years we have been doing our fundraiser, and we had nothing but rave reviews from our participants about the food. The staff is great to work with. I highly recommend the Wyndham for your vacation, banquet or conference events!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have a great view!