“Could be Cleaner”

Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #63 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Room was spacious and clean. However,we used our Wyndham timeshare points and expected a lot nicer updated room. Carpet and furnishings were old and overall accommodation was no better than when we were affiliated with RCI. Even though this is a Wyndham property, it was secluded and far down the beach where the nicer properties were located. Actually, not worth exchanging our wyndham points for the value received.

A Wyndham traveler
Alexandria

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I didn't want to use the bathroom in the middle of the night because it was overly loud. The walls were paper thin and you could hear everything. There were 3 guest elevators and yet they were slow getting to the floors. They were old and creaky. There was no room service menu in the room so I had to call down to get one sent up. They said it would be right up. After at least 45 minutes I had to call back down to ask about it. They transferred me to the restaurant to request it again. The breakfast buffet wasn't really that great and cold. I guess that is like most buffets. The bed was also really hard. The pool area was small. We had our bed made up while we were gone for the day but they never took out the trash which had a baby diaper in it. We had a family of 4 in the room and only 1 chair at the table. The only great thing about the stay was the view.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I attended a conference here in November and what a pleasant surprise. The conference space was perfect and Jennifer who worked with us made sure our needs were met since our group is unique and requires a lot of extra services and space. The conference room was beautiful and in a separate building from our ocean front sleeping rooms and I saw this as a plus. To get from our conference room to our sleeping quarters, we had a brief walk either outdoors or over a catwalk area allowing us to see the beautiful pool area which offered an indoor/outdoor pool experience where the inside pool and outside pool area where only separated by a cathedral high glass barrier so it appeared you were outside even while inside... it offered a lovely sitting area both inside and out which the attendees of our conference appreciated during our breaks. It also had a raised hot tub. The sleeping quarters were beautiful and the beds amazing. I heard no ill remarks from any of the attendees about the rooms, beds, cleanliness, or amazing view.
It was also quiet despite the fact that there was a wedding going on and lots of young people partying all night ;) We slept with our door open and it was perfect hearing the water slam on the shores all night long. We loved it that it was off the beaten path and in an area that would not be so touristy during peak seasons. As a local, I had not ventured to this side of the beach before and I was just very impressed. The service the whole weekend was impeccable with every person I spoke to from check in til packing up at the end. We were not PUSHED out as our time ended and we were allowed to set up early and arrive early since the room was not reserved the day before. It felt so unique to not be nickel and dimed like other conference centers we have used locally in far less appealing locations. The conference food was very good and the banquet staff all professional, personable, and expedient. I particularly was impressed with Monique and Mike who went out of their way to make sure we were not disappointed in any fashion with our dining experiences. On Sunday morning, two in our conference, left breifly to run in a 5K and it was during our breakfast hour. They offered to keep the buffet opened as long as possible, then allowed me to make ample plates for both of them and to keep them warm for our guests under the kitchen warmer. My runners, were very happy to come back to a loaded plate of amazing food ( best french toast I have ever had!!!!) The conference food was good and plentiful. Our plated meals were too much for us to eat (all women) and the buffet could have served another 12 or 14 I bet. The restaurant on the property was amazing. The decor was posh and I expected to pay a fortune for my lunch. The majority of the tables were in a sunken room with FULL VIEW through cathedral glass windows of the beach. The menu was wonderful with lots of choices. My friend and I ate late in the afternoon so didn't want to get a full meal and our waitress was pleased to allow us split our lunch. I started with a creamy white soup, loaded with crab, potatos, and bacon. I was so glad I only got a cup because it was RICH and delicious and though if I had gotten a bowl, I would have eaten it all because it was so good, I would not have been able to eat the rest of my meal. Our entree came out already split for us on two plates. We got a grilled chicken sandwich topped with a pinapple chutney . The shoestring fries were seasoned with Old Bay and yummy (but I have never met a fry I didn't like!!), but they were good and different and perfect for eating a meal overlooking a lovely white span of beach! The lunch prices were similiar, in my opinion, to almost anywhere you might go for lunch out (not fast food prices) but quality was much better, service perfect, and view beautiful and surprising. In fact, if I was a local, I probably would eat there regularly! I am not sure what the dinner pricing would be like because we didn't eat there during dinner since the conference supplied our meals. With that said, I can hardly wait til our conference next year !! we will be back!

Room Tip: since all rooms face the ocean, I can't imagine there being a bad room. perhaps a first or seco...