The room was marginal with a wet carpet...tiny bathroom that was always hot and the shower barely gave a trickle with water temperature you could tolerate. The elevator and hallways were always very hot and filthy...the ice machine on our floor was out of order. We thought we had reserved an ocean front room which turned out not to be even though we paid top dollar.
The beach in front of the hotel was wide and beautiful. The Surf Club Grill was the only redeeming quality...food was good even though pricey. The hotel is very far from the boardwalk and the hotel provided complimentary shuttle service to the boardwalk but it was very inconvenient.
Will definitely NOT stay there again nor recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel provides the perfect location and amenities for a memorable Virginia Beach vacation. Situated on the north end of the beach just blocks from the Boardwalk, the Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel offers on-site entertainment along with access to countless attractions that make it the ideal setting for family fun. From a day spent enjoying the natural beauty at First Landing State Park to a stroll on the Boardwalk or a marine adventure at Virginia Aquarium, Virginia Beach provides the perfect blend of excitement and relaxation the whole family will enjoy. On-site entertainment is endless at the Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel. Guests can spend the entire day relaxing on the semi-private beach or cooling off with a swim in the indoor pool. There is also a fitness center for those that wish to stick to their fitness routine. After enjoying dinner at the Surf Club Ocean Grille on-site at the hotel, families can take advantage of the free shuttle to the Boardwalk, where they can enjoy an evening of excitement and entertainment. The Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel features 244 guestrooms, with 166 oceanfront options available, boasting the most direct ocean views in Virginia Beach. Guests can delight in cool sea breezes from their private balcony or patio opening to our semi-private beach. All of the guestrooms at the hotel feature free Wi-Fi, a refrigerator, coffeemaker and flat-screen TVs. For guests that want a little more space, the one and two bedroom suites as well as the Jacuzzi king rooms offer sweeping views of the shoreline, along with some extra room for the whole family to relax after a great day at the beach. The stunning scenery of the Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel makes it a great option for a meeting or event. From a 5,128 square foot ballroom to a 2,000 square foot outdoor oceanfront patio, the hotel can accommodate groups up to 550 people. The hotel also provides the perfect setting for an oceanfront wedding, offering everything from exquisite catering options to personalized event services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Oceanfront Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Wyndham