“Not your average Country Inn”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront)
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
College Station, Texas
“Not your average Country Inn”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

While the location is good, the property is not your average, country looking, homey but clean and modern Country Inn and Suites - and that is because they simply took the quirky old existing hotel and renovated it but not completely enough. The room was dark, damp, and musty, and the housekeeping was not great. If you get it for a deal or with points, it might suffice, but if you are paying full price, look elsewhere on the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JPC451
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear JPC451,
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am truly sorry that we fell short in meeting your standards.
Our goal is to provide a level of service that requires diligent attention to detail and is a matter of constant reinforcement of our Hotel. We take customer reviews very serious and always use them to make us better. I am sorry that we left you with a bad image of the hotel, but know your review will be used as a tool to make us better.
My hope is that you will give us another chance to provide the service that I know we can deliver.

Tony Sierra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Teresa, assistant manager was great, front desk very good, food good. The room was filthy, had to have it cleaned, then cleaned again, then the manager had 6 people up to really clean it. The maid we had did the bare minimum, usually we tip the maids even though we paid a premium to stay there. But this time, no way. Unfortunately we will not be staying at this hotel again.

1 Thank Sam S
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. I take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Thank you for the kind words about the other staff members. Although you said, you would not stay with us again , I hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and the internet was fast. We stayed for 2 nights and the hotel restaurant was very nice
..and the daily breakfast was decent as well. However management is not very accomodating. .. we will try another place next time. However, the front desk staff is friendly

• Stayed June 2013
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. In reviewing your response I noticed That you were no to pleased with management.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on these items it would help me to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Hotel Management
757-437-9100
Wellington, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I made my first solo trip from Ohio without my husband who passed away recently. I traveled with my son and his friend. Both 14 yrs. old. To say the least I had a lot of anxiety about the trip. From the moment I walked in I felt at ease. The rooms were clean, parking was very accessible, the staff was incredible especially Toresa . Loved the location on the board walk. Would definitely stay there again!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed with 6 teenagers in two rooms overlooking the ocean. Everything was great. The rooms were clean. The staff were amazingly friendly- especially Amy at breakfast and Josh at the front desk. Even though there was tons of dirt and sand brought in continuously from the beach, the staff constantly cleaned so the hotel always looked first rate. The breakfast was average but the parking was easy, the rooms were spacious and nicely upgraded. No complaints and I will definitely return there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are smoke free and overlook the ocean.
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Found the front desk staff to be very unfriendly. No one spoke as we entered the building at any given moment. The restaurant staff and housekeeping was the only bright aspect of the hotel. SLOW elevators. Dirty pool that had a pipe sticking out and no cover on the intake at the bottom of the pool. TV was out for most of the day Wednesday.Had to pay extra for parking as we had two vehicles. Air conditioner very loud. Stayed on second floor, no problem with outside noise. Will probably not stay there again for $200 a night. Customer service poor.

Room Tip: stayed on 2nd floor. right outside of garage.great for loading,unloading
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Sfitzhite:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here in Virginia Beach . I am sorry that you were disappointed with the behavior and lack of concern that my front desk team expressed. I am glad to read that other department came through and made you feel welcomed. Please know that our goal is that every employee you come in contact with knowledge's you and provide any kind of assistance you my need.

As a consumer, I know how I expect to be treated. I am truly sorry that they failed to provide you with their very best. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Respectfully,

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Pros: Ocean Views, Clean Hotel, Good Breakfast, Somewhat Modern Rooms, Easy Access From Parking Deck, Premium TV. Much Nicer Room Quality (in terms of decor, bed, and walls) Than Many Similarly Priced Beach Hotels.

Cons: Somewhat Cramped Bathrooms, Room Felt a Bit Humid. Front Desk Clerk Misinformed Me Regarding Floor Number of Parking Deck.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo