Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront)
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
canfield, ohio
“Ok center hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

middle of boardwalk, good breakfast buffet with 1 kind of pre-made eggs, cereal, cream cheese, sausage, fruits..
housekeeping not the best, I didn't leave tips 1st day so next day there was no shampoo or soap replenishment, cover was spread on unmade sheets & tissue.
Internet connection is horrible.
Mini bar, plasma tv.., regular room not suite. 1 elevator so u can use stairs to garage.
We stayed on 1st floor in accessible room, noise from doors can be heard but not too bad
Overall not bad but WAY overpriced
One con about vb.. Navy planes fligh every 10 mins till maybe after midnight!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Rush, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is right in the center of the boardwalk. Floors clean, not sandy, buffet breakfast was good, with variety for the entire family. Front desk help, very accommodating , there was always maintanence people around, as well as housekeepers. Would stay again, without hesitation, great for the price.

College Station, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2013

While the location is good, the property is not your average, country looking, homey but clean and modern Country Inn and Suites - and that is because they simply took the quirky old existing hotel and renovated it but not completely enough. The room was dark, damp, and musty, and the housekeeping was not great. If you get it for a deal or with points, it might suffice, but if you are paying full price, look elsewhere on the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JPC451
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear JPC451,
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am truly sorry that we fell short in meeting your standards.
Our goal is to provide a level of service that requires diligent attention to detail and is a matter of constant reinforcement of our Hotel. We take customer reviews very serious and always use them to make us better. I am sorry that we left you with a bad image of the hotel, but know your review will be used as a tool to make us better.
My hope is that you will give us another chance to provide the service that I know we can deliver.

Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Teresa, assistant manager was great, front desk very good, food good. The room was filthy, had to have it cleaned, then cleaned again, then the manager had 6 people up to really clean it. The maid we had did the bare minimum, usually we tip the maids even though we paid a premium to stay there. But this time, no way. Unfortunately we will not be staying at this hotel again.

1 Thank Sam S
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. I take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Thank you for the kind words about the other staff members. Although you said, you would not stay with us again , I hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and the internet was fast. We stayed for 2 nights and the hotel restaurant was very nice
..and the daily breakfast was decent as well. However management is not very accomodating. .. we will try another place next time. However, the front desk staff is friendly

• Stayed June 2013
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. In reviewing your response I noticed That you were no to pleased with management.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on these items it would help me to remedy these concerns. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

Hotel Management
757-437-9100
Wellington, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I made my first solo trip from Ohio without my husband who passed away recently. I traveled with my son and his friend. Both 14 yrs. old. To say the least I had a lot of anxiety about the trip. From the moment I walked in I felt at ease. The rooms were clean, parking was very accessible, the staff was incredible especially Toresa . Loved the location on the board walk. Would definitely stay there again!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed with 6 teenagers in two rooms overlooking the ocean. Everything was great. The rooms were clean. The staff were amazingly friendly- especially Amy at breakfast and Josh at the front desk. Even though there was tons of dirt and sand brought in continuously from the beach, the staff constantly cleaned so the hotel always looked first rate. The breakfast was average but the parking was easy, the rooms were spacious and nicely upgraded. No complaints and I will definitely return there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are smoke free and overlook the ocean.