Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront)
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Weekend Summer Trip”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I don't understand some of the negative reviews. Perfect location, clean comfortable rooms, friendly staff, best hotel breakfast I've ever had. Every room has an ocean view! Here now with my 2 year old daughter and 8 month pregnant friend and her husband. We are all very satisfied. I am writing this while on vacation because I felt inclined to refute some of the negative things people wrote which most led me to bot stay here. Feel confident when booking at this hotel!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Caitlin R:
I appreciate you taking the time on posting a comment about your recent stay with us I also want to thank you for two big thing . First, letting us be a part of your vacation and second for taking a chance on us despite some negative reviews. Again thank you.
I am very glad to read that you and your family had a great time with us and it’s good to hear that the amenities exceeded your expectations. The staff works very hard to ensure that every guest enjoys there time here and want every guest to leave saying they have found their hotel when staying in Virginia Beach.
On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to thank you for sharing your vacation with us and we hope to see you again when you come back to Virginia Beach!

757-437-9100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Came to VA Beach for a short family trip. We received a great deal through a travel website. I was happy the hotel upgraded us to a better room and higher floor upon check in. Our room could have definitely been cleaner, but when I mentioned this to the front desk they offered to send someone up right away. The breakfast was good and great location. The balcony was really dirty. I was happy with my stay and felt like it was a great deal, however, if I had paid the listed price I would have been frustrated with the lack of cleanliness in the room. The common areas appeared cleaner.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AGKim
Dear Ankim:
I appreciate you taking the time on posting a review about your recent stay with us.
I am glad to read that your overall experience was an enjoyable one and thank you for bring the concern about the balcony to our attention. I will share y our comments with the staff and come up with situation.
On behalf of our entire staff, we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed in a studio suite which turned out to be perfect... Even the pullout sofa was comfy. Jackie in housekeeping was a God send. We stayed 6 nights but only ate breakfast there once. The selection was good but we all had a taste for something different... The property was clean,staff friendly and I don't think one could get a better location.. The only negative was the internet connection was almost impossible to stay connected to. We we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor and could still hear the people from the boardwalk right below. It did not...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy C
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Kathy C
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!
I have shared your compliments with Jackie and she was honored that you mentioned her by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done! I also want to take the time to apologize for the concerns you shared about the high speed internet service in our hotel. I understand that this is an important amenity for our guests, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you.
On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Location is great, but rooms are not as clean as you would expect from a Country Inn. Balcony dirty, railings have all the grease and dirt left on them from previous guests as it had never been cleaned. Breakfast is so-so. Corridors stink. Overall, come here only if you get a super deal, otherwise keep looking!

Room Tip: All of them are oceanfront so just stay away from the elevator and the ice machine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
tsgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Virginia Beach (Oceanfront), responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Manofanol,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us, and also take this opportunity to apologize for falling short on meeting the cleanliness standards you have grown accustom while staying with our brand.
Your experience with our hotel was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our hotel promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest every day. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case. Please accept our apologies.
I would like to ask for another opportunity to deliver on the promise we strive to provide every.

Gratefully,
grottoes, VA
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent 2 nights here at the beginning of June. We arrived at the hotel at around 2:00 pm. The desk girl checked us in and gave us a parking pass so we could go ahead and park. She told us the room was not ready just yet but that it would be ready soon. She took my phone number and told us she would call as soon as it was ready. We visited the hotel restaurant for a drink and then took the bus up to Harpoon Larrys'.
When she hadnt called us at 4:15 we went back to the front desk and asked. A different girl was there and said they had gotten busy and forgot to call. If you tell someone you are gonna call....do it. We had been driving all morning and were ready to settle in and swim in the pool.

The pool is not nice at all. It is on the main floor and it feels like it is in the basement. No windows, no natural light. It was really creepy. Some of the lounge chairs were broken.

Our room was ok. Nothing special. Good view of the beach. Good water pressure. The bed was not the most comfortable.

The breakfast was really good. Friendly attendants and good food. The best part of our hotel experience.

We were not very impressed with this hotel, which surprised us because we love the Country Inn and Suites in Winchester, VA. The Virginia Beach oceanfront location pales in comparison.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Highland Mills, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I love to stay at this hotel! We traveled from New York for my sisters beach wedding with the family and we stayed here before and everything is always perfect! From checking in late after a long drive and always been greeted so warmly by the friendly and always pleasant staff who treat us like we are family! FREE Breakfast to start the day! Everything is close, great terrace views! The place is perfect for what you need to do sleep get up shower and start your day. Staff is always attentive. Your stay is what you make it! Four stars from me!!

Room Tip: Request upper floors for great ocean views!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony11101
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hotel is in a great location, right in the midst of the action, yet quiet enough for a relaxing stay. Staff was very attentive to our needs; we called the front desk for extra towels & had them in no time (they even called to ensure we had received them). Complimentary breakfast is always hot & fresh!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family