“All the comforts of home thanks to the staff!”

Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This property has literally become our home away from home. We have stayed there more times than we can count. The staff, especially Teri, Leslie and Matt from the front desk, Dana (who is in charge of the free hot breakfasts), and Cindy (who took such good care of our room) treats us, literally, like we are family. Hampton Inns have earned their reputation of being clean, affordable, convenient, with plenty of amenities that just make things easier for their guests but hotels are only as good as the people working there. This hotel just gets it right! Dana makes sure that there are Fruit Loops in stock every time she knows our 5 year old daughter will be there - even if she has to go out and buy them for her! This is above and beyond! Teri, Matt and Leslie took care of every little detail involving our stay and did it with a smile. They made us feel like we were the most important people in their lives at that moment. I can't say enough about how special this place is and how wonderful their employees are. Stay at Greenwich Road. You will be happy you did!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'm a gold level, frequent Hampton Inn patron and this was by far my poorest experience in years. The facility was run down. On arrival the front desk person said my water was waiting for me in the room but it was not, so I had to go back downstairs to get it. The complimentary internet did not work in the room that night or the next morning. The front desk gave me an 800 # to call for tech support, but it wasn't my issue - their own public internet service in the lobby was not working either. At breakfast the food was not edible - someone made a mistake with waffle batter - it was sour tasting and uneven, tough texture; tried the oatmeal instead and it was runny and hard. I asked for a comment card so that I could register the complaints but they could not find any; said I should come back later and they'd find me something to send in. I came back and they gave me a blank white notecard and a blank envelope, without an address or a stamp!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CabinJohners
Jennifer M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured.

I would like to follow up with my team members to ensure that we make the necessary improvements. Could you email me with your stay information so I can more accurately pinpoint the dates of your stay? jennifer.mcmicken@hilton.com

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again

Jennifer McMicken

I would like to follow up

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We booked a room for 3 nights with Hotwire at the Hampton Inn. From the description on Hotwire it looked and sounded like it was in the Virginia Beach area. We booked it and then were shown it was in Norfolk, much further than where we expected it to be. We called Hotwire and asked to switch hotels, closer to Va. Beach area. They refused to assist us and told us it was a done deal. I believe they misrepresented themselves and should have just placed us closer to Va Beach.
Hampton Inn was wonderful. The staff was so friendly and very helpful. Our room was clean, updated, and well worth the price per night. We have no issues with Hampton, they exceeded our expectations and more. Our problem was Hotwire misrepresenting where our hotel was located.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I only stayed one night. The room was typical Hampton Inn with 2 queen beds and the usual excellent Hilton bedding. Very comfortable. HDTV in the room with HBO. Check in was a little slow as the only person on duty was stuck on the phone with another customer. Took about 15 minutes before he got to me. Breakfast was good with both hot and cold options available. Price was the government per diem rate so relatively cheap for a Virginia Beach hotel. I was attending an event at the Virginia Beach Convention Center which is about 10 miles away but only took about 15 minutes to get to as you're against traffic in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Where do I begin? Two room changes (because of previous occupant smoking, and wifi issues) dirty stained carpets and bed linen, hair in the bathtub, etc etc. you get the picture. Truly no amount of customer service (and it was really good) and warm cookies can fix this train wreck. The place smells like air freshener sprayed over dirty vacuum cleaner bags. They really need to gut this place and start over. I'm usually pretty forgiving but boy was this hotel a stinker.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Michaelman_26
Jennifer M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for the review of your experience at our property. Please be assured that we have reviewed your comments and are taking steps to freshen our hotel. Our internet is in the process of being upgraded and we are working diligently on removing any smoke odor from our rooms.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Promptly checked in, greeted when i walked in. Was thanked for being hilton honors reward member. VERY impressive. Clean, happy staff, great breakfast! Cookies out at 5pm during the week, and local restaurants on hand along w/ a map.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for the review of your experience at our property. I am glad to see that you experienced our great service and amenities while you stayed with us. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I have stayed here a few times on business. Check in was usually pretty quick but they could use an extra person at the front desk during the busy times. The rooms were average. There was nothing wrong but nothing that stood out. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. Breakfast in the morning is the usual Hampton Inn breakfast. Lots of options and the attendant kept it stocked.

Overall, I would stay again for quick business trips. Its nothing special but everything I needed.

Tip: There is a light rail stop a few blocks away. You can take the light rail to downtown Norfolk where there are fun things to do and good places to eat. I went to the waterfront, saw the battleship Wisconsin, and ate at Hell's Kitchen. Hell's Kitchen was delicious.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of your experience at our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the Norfolk Virginia Beach area while you were in town and we hope to see you again!