“Good clean basic hotel”

Hampton Inn Norfolk/Virginia Beach
Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Good clean basic hotel- wish desk chair was higher as desk is so high but noticed this at other hamptons. Comfortable bed. Free internet, parking & breakfast. Stayed in room on 1st floor at elevator will request different location next time due to noise

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife and our 5 children for only one night. Only a 20 minute drive to the beach. Clean hotel and rooms. Breakfast was the highlight for us. Actually good and didn't run out for the time it was up. Very good service and friendly staff. Very worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lived in the area for many years and always stay here when returning for business or pleasure. Friendly staff and a clean, well maintained facility, what I've come to expect from Hampton Inn. A great central location for business or pleasure in Hampton Roads, located near the I-64 and I-264 junction for easy access to the whole area. But beware of the area's infamous traffic - plan ahead. Several restaurants nearby.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stay at this hotel often for business when I am in the Virginia Beach area. I love the staff and I enjoy the breakfast. The rooms are very peaceful also. And there is a great little sushi bar right down the road too :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here! The receptionist, Nicole, was very friendly. When we arrived, our reservation somehow got cancelled the day before.Nicole did an excellent job getting us into another room. The room was clean upon arrival! Kudos. And the breakfast was decent, did the job. The gym was nice, got my work done. My only issue I had was on my check out day. I consider myself as a very clean person, so I wanted to take a shower before I got on the road. I didn't think I had a limit on the amount of towels I can get. The cleaning lady acted like she didn't want to give me and my fiancé any towels..come on lady! And the convo went like this "(me) hi, can we get more towels? (Lady) Aren't you checking out today? (Me) Yes, what does that have to do with me getting more towels? ( Lady) what do you need? Me( a wash cloth and a towel...... Geeees.
Other than the shenanigans it was a cool stay...beware of the towel nazi...smh

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for my nephew's graduation while my other family members stayed else where and when they came to visit us they even loved it so much that they wanted to come stay at our hotel but couldn't cancel where they were. The staff was awesome and the amenities were great! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is undergoing refurbishment and is extremely busy. While doing business in Virginia Beach my son and I use this hotel because it is near the office park where we both work. The staff and facility are what everyone expects of a Hilton property. Exceptional!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business