“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Nelson, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights. on our way down to North Carolina. The staff were excellent ,nothing was too much trouble. The manager Robert was one off the most helpful of any hotel staff of all the hotels I have stayed in around the world .. I HAVE NO HESITATION OF RECOMENDING THIS HOTEL TO ANY TRAVELLER TO THE NORFOLK AREA.. A BIG THANK YOU.. Edmund & Rosalyn Ashman Lancashire England.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Martinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

My family traveled to Virginia Beach to attend an October 10th wedding and were traveling with my 91 year old aunt who has cancer. When we needed some additional handicapped needs, the manager, Robert, went out of his way to help us. Robert and his staff are to be commended for their helpfulness and friendliness! This is an excellent hotel, very clean, and has a staff that always had a smile and greetings when we were entering or leaving the hotel. You have made an excellent choice if you choose this hotel as your stay at Virginia Beach!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

My boyfriend and My daughter and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 2 nights. My daughter is 6 and she enjoyed her stay. She loved the pool and the comfy beds. We all enjoyed the breakfast in the lobby every morning. It was delicious. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. A gentleman made my waffle for me in the morning and brought it to my table. The front desk recep. were always very polite, and housekeeping always spoke to you and asked if you needed anything. The o nly thing that i would have liked to have is an indoor pool, instead of just the outdoor pool. But other than that, This made for a great stay !!!! I would def. stay here again

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

The hotel was very modern and the staff was very courteous! The lobby area was very clean and inviting. The kids had a great time! The full breakfast was satisfying and coffee, tea and hot cocoa all day! Great choice. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Novicetravler_4now
Rockford, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

Traveling for business, the hotels near the beach were not in the "acceptable levels" for my expense report and I picked this Hampton Inn. Though it's location is not near any of the things Virginia Beach is known for, the stay was extremely comfortable and the staff VERY welcoming. It's been a long time since I've seen every single team member at a hotel be as friendly and accomodating as they were at this location. This was a nice experience, and budget friendly.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

I just returned from a business trip to Virginia Beach; attended a trade show at the convention center. I was a bit late in making a reservation at the host hotel near the beach, and opted for the Hampton Inn location about 10 miles away, based solely on price and availability. It was literally the best decision I made about the entire trip!

I don't expect much from the medium range "budget hotels", and not having stayed at a Hampton Inn hotel in the last 10 years, I didn't expect much. The room was one of the nicest and most comfortable I have slept in, over many years of travel, (in all respects). Exceptionally quiet rooms, COLD air conditioning, fantastic and comfortable bed and extremely clean. Very modern and updated decor, good (hot) water pressure in the shower and well lit rooms; not like the dark and dreary "medium price" look you expect from similar hotels.

The morning breakfast was very busy, but moved smoothly. The manager was out there helping everyone with seating and serving food; he even made the waffles for some of the parents, while they hustled their children to the tables. The staff as a whole was great and they all helped out during breakfast. Good variety of eggs/omelettes ,meats, biscuits/gravy, fruit, yogurt, pastries and juice. Folks, the breakfast alone is worth $15 - $20 a person at any restaurant near the beach.

FREE INTERNET SERVICE in the lobby. Yeah...that is a REAL perk these days, as everyone cuts back on the amenities.

I didn't worry about the pool, and frankly, it shouldn't factor into anyone staying here. You go to Virginia Beach...to see the beach and the ocean. The hotel is a place to sleep, shower and hang your clothes. This hotel is worth staying in and driving the 10 miles to the beach. When you get there, you will see all of the "other hotel choices", and be glad you have someplace nice to return to, at the end of a long, fun day doing the tourist thing.

I travel 50+ days a year and I wish I could find a hotel like this every single time.

Douglas Korn
Lexington, Kentucky

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

I arrived for a late check in and the front desk clerk was willing to assist me. However, after a while he seemed to be irritated, something I did not like. I am really into details and have stayed in many hotels that pay close attention to detail and this hotel was not one of them. When I arrived I checked the room for cleanliness and it was fair. The bathtub was not ok. What I thought was dirt turned out to be stained porcelain and there was also hair in the tub. However, things happen so I called the operator who sent someone up to clean it. The person who came up had a negative attitude about the situation. She asked me to come into the bathroom and point out the dirt to her. She claimed that there wasn't any dirt (after scrubbing) but agreed that there was hair in the bathtub. I told her not to worry about and she left. Turns out the rooms were smaller than I thought so I had to get another room. When I got into this room, I saw muddy footsteps at the bathroom entrance. There was also food on the remote control. I'm not too picky but I do not like touching or seeing filth. I decided not to call and request assistance because of the negative attitude I had experienced beforehand. After the first few hours everything seemed to be better and was able to get through my two-night stay. In addition to the stains in the bathtub and footprints on the floor I did not like the fact the hotel did not have a pool or full functioning workout room, two amenities that are advertised on the website. I always bring my swimsuit when staying in hotels and I felt that it was a big inconvenience not to have a swimming pool. Then to top that off, there was a pool available at their sister location across the street. Excuse me; no I will not walk across the street through traffic to use the pool. I just believe that when you do not have certain amenities, you should not advertise that you do have them on your website so that customers can make a decision whether they are comfortable with this or not. So no, I did not get to swim. So this hotel was ok but they should clean better and also wipe the elevator buttons!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family