“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rehoboth Beach, United States
“Great Location”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is a great hotel. Well located right next to the convention center and just a short walk to the boardwalk and beach. Staff is friendly and helpful and rooms are clean and well appointed. Good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Thanks
John Zirkle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Currituck, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Booked a last minute reservation this past weekend. Was slightly worried after reading the reviews , but being last minute I figured I would have to deal. However, the entire hotel seemed different than the recent reviews. The rooms where clean, along with the linens. Seemingly there where two groups having functions? Not sure if that's right, so it seemed. Only downside was how long it took for the elevators to retrieve you and then stopping constantly on the way up/down for no apparent reason.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the elevators. We are in the process of upgrading the elevators and during this process we have one elevator down while being upgraded. Once complete in the next few weeks, our elevators will be some of the fastest in Virginia Beach. We have updated our corridors and guestrooms with new carpet and wallpaper this year as well. Next up for updating is our lobby and meeting space which is coming in early 2014. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was a unique situation. I had a reservation for a conference in October. While in transit to the conference, my vehicle had a catastrophic breakdown, and I had to call and cancel my reservation. I had paid my reservation in advance. The young lady who answered the phone said I couldn't cancel and I couldn't receive a refund. If I had flippantly cancelled, it would have been different, but I had a legitimate issue. I wrote a blog about the experience and posted it on Twitter. Within 20 minutes, I received a contact from HH. They reversed their position and allowed me to use my reservation at a latter time, which I did. Their policy on cancellations and refunds should be reviewed and changed. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay, and I would stay again. The same conference will be right next door again. So, I anticipate I'll be back then.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad we came to an agreeable resolution regarding the non-refundable/changeable reservation you initially made. We do offer a variety of rates that allow for cancellation up to 24 or 72 hours prior to arrival, however the best rates are typically the non-refundable rates.

I am happy to see you were pleased with your stay and will be back! We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Louisa VA, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Problems with the room that were not fixed and the room smelled like bug spray. Luke-warm water for the shower. The "free" cookie was great, but everything else fell far short of what you would expect from a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I am very sorry that you had problems with your room that we did not correct. Our guests deserve, and should expect, better. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure we improve. If I can ever be of personal service, please contact me directly.

New Windsor, Maryland
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Very nice hotel to stay for short periods of time. Be sure to ask the front desk person when checking in if there will be breakfast the next morning. Room was nice bed was very soft, ask to have sheets changed and they didn't they left it the way I made the bed and I knew this because the flat sheet had blood stains on it. That is how I knew they didn't change the sheets. Not real happy about that one. But overall it is a nice place to stay but when I go back to visit my daughter I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Randa A
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the miscommunication regarding our restaurant being closed on Thanksgiving. Our restaurant is open every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our team should have communicated that to you verbally at check-in and via a letter to your room. I want to apologize as well for our housekeeping team not changing your sheets after you requested them to be changed due to the accident. I will be sharing your comments with our team so we can take action to improve. If I can ever be of personal service, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks
Suffolk, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The room was nice, everything was clean and smelled good, but the noise we could hear through the door was annoying. Doors closing, people being loud, things smacking into the walls and once we could even hear someones tv at about 3am.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for your review. While I was happy to see you found your room to be nice and clean, I am very sorry for the noise. Our Engineering team will be reviewing the room and area around your room so we can improve the sound proofing. I do hope you will stay with us again!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A pleasurable experience even though there were some children running up and down the hallway a couple of nights and if there could be a way to mitigate this this would be ideal. Someday when a remodel occurs, better soundproof windows would also be nice. All in all, great stay with great staff and a great room and location of hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the children running in the halls. We will be revising our property walks in an effort to curb this type of disturbance in the future. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and hotel. We hope to see you again soon!