“Highly recommend Doubletree in VA. Beach”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
OWINGS MILLS
“Highly recommend Doubletree in VA. Beach”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We spent the weekend at the Doubletree in Virginia Beach and can only say positive things about the hotel. The staff was lovely and helpful (constantly offering us the fabulous cookies), the room was immaculately clean and well equipped (great lighting, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker with excellent coffee, toiletries), and the location perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to VA. Beach...location is 5 minutes to beach, 2 minutes (walkable) to Convention Center, and 25 minutes from airport. We'd definitely will be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for the kinds words. Our goal is to provide the special comforts and acts of kindness that make the traveler feel human again. We hope to see you again soon.

John Zirkle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed at the Double Tree for a work event in the area. Upon arrive the whole area was clean and parking wasn't too difficult. When we walked in it was also very clean and FULL OF SMILES! We checked in at the front desk and she was extremely friendly and helpful. She asked if we would like a room by or away from the elevator, we never get options so that was awesome. The agent was very efficient too! She offered us some warm chocolate chip walnut cookies! YUM! We get the the room is an it was extremely CLEAN AND CRISP! AND THE BEDS!! I actually woke up in the middle of the night confused...I thought I was sleeping in my bed at home. We went down to the lobby to wait for our ride in the morning and we watched in the lobby. The guy at the front desk was AGAIN SO pleasant to everyone, he was greeting and thanking every customer most sincerely! We decided to grab breakfast in the cafe while we wait and AGAIN the server was personable, sweet, and funny! She made she everything was taken care of and even though I was eating slow she would check on us often! Also while we were eating we saw a stretcher got to the elevator with medical staff. We would have never know if we weren't sitting where we were. They were very discrete to make sure not to bother or alarm other guests! It is a great hotel that makes you feel like you're family!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on providing friendly service and clean, modern accommodations. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I enjoy staying at this Double Tree every time I visit the area because they make me feel like family. I am a Corporate Inspector for a Fast Food Chain and have high standards for cleanliness. This hotel is well maintained, newly remodeled, and restrooms are sparkling clean. I really enjoy the breakfast at Max and Erma's (make sure you ask for Marie). She is the best server ever! I would suggest this property to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and our team made you feel like family. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Rehoboth Beach, United States
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is a great hotel. Well located right next to the convention center and just a short walk to the boardwalk and beach. Staff is friendly and helpful and rooms are clean and well appointed. Good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Thanks
Currituck, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Booked a last minute reservation this past weekend. Was slightly worried after reading the reviews , but being last minute I figured I would have to deal. However, the entire hotel seemed different than the recent reviews. The rooms where clean, along with the linens. Seemingly there where two groups having functions? Not sure if that's right, so it seemed. Only downside was how long it took for the elevators to retrieve you and then stopping constantly on the way up/down for no apparent reason.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the elevators. We are in the process of upgrading the elevators and during this process we have one elevator down while being upgraded. Once complete in the next few weeks, our elevators will be some of the fastest in Virginia Beach. We have updated our corridors and guestrooms with new carpet and wallpaper this year as well. Next up for updating is our lobby and meeting space which is coming in early 2014. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was a unique situation. I had a reservation for a conference in October. While in transit to the conference, my vehicle had a catastrophic breakdown, and I had to call and cancel my reservation. I had paid my reservation in advance. The young lady who answered the phone said I couldn't cancel and I couldn't receive a refund. If I had flippantly cancelled, it would have been different, but I had a legitimate issue. I wrote a blog about the experience and posted it on Twitter. Within 20 minutes, I received a contact from HH. They reversed their position and allowed me to use my reservation at a latter time, which I did. Their policy on cancellations and refunds should be reviewed and changed. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay, and I would stay again. The same conference will be right next door again. So, I anticipate I'll be back then.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad we came to an agreeable resolution regarding the non-refundable/changeable reservation you initially made. We do offer a variety of rates that allow for cancellation up to 24 or 72 hours prior to arrival, however the best rates are typically the non-refundable rates.

I am happy to see you were pleased with your stay and will be back! We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Louisa VA, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Problems with the room that were not fixed and the room smelled like bug spray. Luke-warm water for the shower. The "free" cookie was great, but everything else fell far short of what you would expect from a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I am very sorry that you had problems with your room that we did not correct. Our guests deserve, and should expect, better. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure we improve. If I can ever be of personal service, please contact me directly.