“Get more help!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kent, United States
“Get more help!!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel has a great NICE staff. They are willing to help you out with what you need. However, they are soo short staffed that the staff can only help with so much. I have stayed there for about 6 weeks total and each visit is the same thing. SHORT STAFFED, especially in the Max and Ermas part. The staff in the restaurant runs around like crazy trying their best but its never enough. I have ate at the restaurant about 10 times and I have only ONCE got the cookies that I ordered in less than an hour. Half of the times I do end up leaving because the waitress or waiter forgets to put the order in. I do not blame the staff for the issues. It truly comes from the management and not hiring the appropriate people. This place is such a nice environment but its ruined by stressed out staff members.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry for the poor experience you had in our restaurant. I will be reviewing your comments with our management team so we can take action to ensure better staffing. We appreciate such feedback and use it to continuously improve our product and service. I do hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the Virginia Beach area.

John Zirkle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gainesville, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great hotel great location in Virginia Beach. Enjoyed the stay at the DoubleTree. The rooms were clean and very new looking. The food was excellent and waitress was very polite. Service was quick, and prices were very low.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We work hard to Create A Rewarding Experience (we all this CARE) for each and every guest. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Blaine, MN, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Wish my room had a refridgerator and microwave. Room keepers left a personal note of welcome on the note pad which was nice - room was clean and comfortable. Some parking stalls were blocked off for some reason making walk a bit farther to get in.

1 Thank Robert M
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay and our staff was pleasant and helpful. I apologize for some of the parking spaces being blocked off. We were sealing a portion of the parking lot. We hope to see you again soon!

Carlisle, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Front Desk staff was very pleasant and my kids loved the idea of free cookies when they came in. Rooms were very clean , restaurant food was good and staff there was also pleasant. No bad experience except for concierge...or should I say time share salesperson...We were just looking for a restaurant that would accommodate me being a vegetarian and ended up with a sales pitch offering us hotel stays for visiting properties. No thanks. just help me enjoy my vacation don't try to sell me something.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to see our staff was great and your rooms clean (as it should be). I will be reviewing your comments with our concierge team to ensure guests requests for assistance are handled and any sales pitch held for only those interested. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Kate was a pleasure to work with. She went out of her way to accommodate our needs and answer all of my questions. She understood our situation and with a warm interpersonal demeanor was able to offer suggestions and valid solutions.
Thank You Doubletree for excellent customer care.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kinu1382
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for the compliments. I will be sharing them with Kate as well. We strive to Create A Rewarding Experience (we call this CARE) for each and every guest. I am pleased to see that Kate showed you our CARE spirit.

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For the most part this hotel was good; however, there was a loud clanging, banging pipe rattling noise that came from the bathroom vent. I called the front desk. They sent security to check it our very quickly. By the time he arrived the noise had stopped. I also tried to get ice from the 6th floor and the 3rd floor. Either it was out our took a long time. I didn't wait. There was no late check out w/o a ghastly charge and no shuttle?

Room Tip: Walking distance to the beach only if you want to get some exercise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sharing your comments with our team so we can correct the clanging pipe issue. I am sorry for the ice machine being either out of ice or slow. During this time of year, they get a work out. We do have ice machines on all ten guestroom floors as well. We do offer a complimentary shuttle to the oceanfront from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Cumberland, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at the Doubletree because it was convenient for a wedding we were attending. First obstacle encountered was my room was not ready at 4:00 check-in time. This was most inconvenient for a 6:00 wedding. It was 4:30 when finally checked in. The upside was we were upgraded to a suite on the Honors floor. That would have been nicer had we been staying longer than one night. I will say this, the hotel needs to train their staff better on handling handicapped guests. I was alone trying to handle my mother in a wheelchair and absolutely no one at the front desk offered assistance with handling her or our baggage upon check-in. It wasn't until I waited about 30 minutes and one of the front desk managers knew I was upset before he came and assisted me with my bags. That should have been the first thing offered upon the front desk noticing my situation. As far as the hotel is concerned, it is very nice and clean. Rooms are spacious. No complaints with housekeeping. Oveall, not a bad stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
John Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry your room was not ready at the 4pm check-in time. While we did have rooms ready when you arrived, we did not have a room close to your other room redy. When we have special requests for rooms to be next to each other, it can cause some slight delays. I was pleased to see our team upgraded you to a suite next to your other room in an effort to apologize. While our bellmen were very busy with the Holiday weekend check-in, we should have assisted you with your luggage in a more timely fashion. I will be sharing your comments with our team se we can make improvements. We do hope you will stay with us again!