“Okay for the Price. Twenty minutes to the beach, or Twenty minutes to the Airport.”

Best Western Center Inn
Ranked #45 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 2 July 2009

The annoying toilet cycled water every 10 minutes and the sunlight sined through the bottom of the door at sunrise every morning. The room was clean and the microwave and refridgerator worked well. For the money this was a decent stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank FrqntTrvlr_8

Reviewed 27 April 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my mom and 12 year old daughter. I can tell you for the price, this hotel and staff were very good. We had a room in the front of the hotel at the end. Always had parking close to the room. The pool was not open so I can not give a review of that, however the pool is right in front of the office, looked clean in the pool area. When we came down I was worried because of the reviews I have checked out in the Chesapeake area were poor (for the hotel I could afford). I was afraid of what we would find. This hotel is in a quiet area, about 3 mile from the Chesapeake Tunnel and about 20 minutes away from the beach. The room was clean, beds were comfortable. shower was ok. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank suzieq45102
Reviewed 6 October 2008

My wife and I were attending a concert in Virginia Beach on Saturday night so we needed a place to sleep afterwords. After reading reviews and trying to find somewhere that was not priced that high we decided on the Best Western. I may reservations online via the Best Western website and was able to get the AAA rate. I wasn't sure how this hotel would be.

When we got there I was a bit concerned about safety. This hotel is located in a bit of a shady area and the outside does not look all that appealing. It was okay but don't expect much.

We got there and checked in without any problems. The room was okay but nothing spectacular...there did seem to be things falling apart everywhere. The towel racks were falling off the wall but other than that most of everything was okay. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and a desk. The beds slept okay.

I did not try out the internet there but supposedly they had it.

The next morning they had a continental breakfast. It was okay...they had cereal, danishes, juices and coffee. They also had yogurt and packs of Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits that you could heat up in the microwave. It was your average breakfast. I think they also had waffles to heat up.

Parking was a little tight here as well. We had a room on the second level at the back of the hotel and there were only about four or five parking spaces for like 20 some rooms on that side so we had to park on the other side of the hotel and walk around. So that was a little bit of a pain. Also note that this hotel is not enclosed. The rooms do open up right outside. They have stairs to the second level but no elevator.

Overall the hotel was okay...seemed a bit "run-down" and somewhat of a shady area but it worked for a place to sleep for one night. There was a Denny's restaurant right in front of the hotel that you could walk to if you were interested. They also had a pool out front but it was covered and not in use since it was the end of summer.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank traviz
Reviewed 4 August 2008

Our family spent one night in this hotel in August 2008. The hotel room contained 2 double beds, a desk, a small table with chairs, bathroom and seperate sink area. There is also a small refrigerator and microwave. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Our room was at the back side of the hotel, so potential noise from Northampton Blvd did not present a problem for us.

At the front of the hotel, there is a pool, which is small, but it is clean and well-maintained. The lobby has one computer with complimentary internet access for guests.

The complimentary breakfast, which is served in a small room just off of the lobby, was less than desirable. While a variety of foods were offered, such as cereal, oatmeal, donuts, danish, fruit, hard boiled eggs, etc, we felt that the quality was lacking. The apple juice was very watered down. We wondered how "fresh" some of this food really was. Also, the breakfast area was too small to accomodate all the guests. Some guests wandered around the lobby and outside the hotel trying to find a suitable place to sit and eat their breakfast.

The hotel is located on Northampton Blvd and there are plenty of restaurants and stores nearby.

Overall, this hotel provided a decent lodging experience. We would stay there again, but if we did, we would probably skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2008

We took a family vacation and stayed here for a week. Oer all it was not bad. It was in a crowded district. But we chose it because it was in the middle of everything we wanted to do. The room, was decent, not great. I liked that it had 2 queen beds, a microwave, and a fridge. As for being clean, I would say mostly. We did find a few wrappers on the floor just by the bedspread. The bathroom was clean. The windowsill was loose, so if you leaned on it, it would flip. It wasn't to loud at our end. The pool was decent. The breakfast was great-not a cooked meal, but plenty to choose from. They had bagels, toast, jelly, eggs, muffins, donuts and other pastries. Fresh fruit, bob evan breakfast sandwiches, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, and probably a few things I am missing. Not to mention milk, coffee, tea, juice. I do have to say that when it was time to leave, that is when we had the problem. The bill was higher then my confirmation paper from the hotel website. So I spoke to the manager (who was LESS then professional). He was very rude, cocky, and nasty. He got on the phone to "see how to handle this" and kept me waiting almost 30 min-in the meantime telling me to mind my own business and so on as I am trying to explain and show him my paper. In the end, he corrected the amount, but not without a hassle. As for all the other staff I encountered, they were GREAT! Very kind, pleasant, and helpful. They even let my kids swim later in the pool. So as long as you don't deal with the manager whose name starts with an "R", your visit should be fine!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank goin_south78
Reviewed 15 March 2008

This hotel was pretty nice. The breakfast contained cereal, bread, muffins, sausage biscuits, coffee, juice, milk and waffles. Our room had a microwave and fridge at no extra charge. The bed was very comfortable (and clean). The bathroom was very clean. The only thing that I didn't like was the adjoining room had smokers and we could smell the smoke. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2008

My Mom and I took a two day, one night, trip to Norfolk, Virginia, from Washington, DC, on family business. While the car trip was tiring, the Best Western Inn was a pleasant surprise. While the Inn was located in a dense commercial district in Norfolk (actually the Best Western's address is Virginia Beach, but I was told that the Norfolk city limits was right across the street!), we felt very safe in two first floor rooms ( the motel has two floors, but no elevators and my Mom is 89 years old). Each room had TWO Queen-size beds! The beds were very comfortable with their "pillow top" mattresses to make them soft. The room was clean and, most important of all, besides the safety issue, the rooms were quiet. The heating unit near the window was relatively quiet and kept the rooms warm throughout the night. Since the Inn is located in a commercial district, there were a number of places to eat almost within walking distance from the Best Western. As a matter of fact, we WALKED from the motel to the Denny's restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning. My only disappointment was the bathroom and the room lighting. The bathroom is quite small. I seemed to keep backing into the bathroom door after using the bathroom sink. The shower was comfortable, though, with a massage shower head. The shower even came with a rubber floor mat to keep you from slipping. All the room lamps used what appeared to be energy-saving fluorescent light bulbs which made the room seem "garish" in the blue-white light. All in all, however, I would recommend the Best Western Inn, Virginia Beach. And the Orbitz price was right!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family