“It's so so”

Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #101 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The location is good. One block from the beach. Rooms are big so you are not cramped. The price cant be beat. Granted rooms are not fancy and i suggest you bring clorox wipes. They arent complete filth but not sparkly clean either. Id say for the price its worth it. They are stingy with towels and washclothes. There is a parking garage but you have to watch what you are doing. If you have a small car you'll be good. Staff has been ok so far. Let us walk through before we paid. There are lots of people sitting around on the walkways and stairs that are a tripping hazzard. I don't know why they would allow them to sit around like that. If they just cleaned a little better it would be great. Like wash the walls down and stuff like that. They even let us park for a couple hours after we checked out so we could go to a few shops before leaving. Also I did NOT see any bugs around. Pool is small but clean.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Klh510
Sunny G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just got back from our vacation and we had a nice room. Spacious, clean, air conditioning that works. Kitchenette with stove you can cook good meals with the surrounding excellent markets. They clean every day and new soap shampoo and towels. Even at rush hours we had hot water in showers. Hotel was freshly painted when we got there. The pool water so clean you can see your feet compared to other places nearby like Days Inn where there's no maintenances and up keeping of the facility. Good deal for your money.

1  Thank PierB2886

Reviewed 26 July 2013

My boyfriend and I go to Virginia Beach every year and it was our first time staying in this hotel. The location was convenient. We did not have to drive anyway , everything was in walking distance. The pool was very relaxing . The room was very spacious and had a balcony which is also a plus. We also had a full kitchen that saved us money on our trip ! The hotel staff was very accommodating. We decided to stay an extra night because we were having such a good time and the hotel gave us a good rate and let us stay in our same room ! We will definitely be back to this hotel !

1  Thank Kristen T

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I read a lot of the reviews that said this place was bad. I think it is based on what you are looking for. Room was very spacious, nice balcony with a partial beach view. The rooms were very clean as well. Bathroom was a little small but it wasnt anything I couldn't work around. I think for most people this hotel would work. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: As for a room on the fifth floor. Nice view
1  Thank courtneyl897

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The rooms are not clean, cock roaches climbing the walls, there was food left on the floor from other people, the tile flloors were filthy....I could continue with more but I think I've made my point. Spend a few bucks more and stay elsewhere....

2  Thank Chars3ts

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. Stayed in a 2 room suite as we normally do. It was a very clean room. There were a lot more people this time in hotel compared to my last stay during the spring season. Very helpful and friendly staff. We had a problem with one light in room and it was fixed by their maintenance staff promptly. I will definitely recommend this hotel and I am planning to return either at end of August or the beginning of September with my family. Kids were happy with continental breakfast. We all enjoyed the swimming pool as it was nice and clean. Saved a lot of money by cooking in room with the provided kitchenette.

1  Thank klpd33

Reviewed 12 July 2013

After a 9 hour drive to the beach, at check in we were told the room we were promised did not exist at that hotel. When I told the lady and manager at the front desk told me they didn't know of the person I was talking about that no one by that name worked at that establishment. After an ordeal over not being able to have a room we thought we were paying for we went to our "2 Room Suite" that was far from 2 separate rooms. The room had holes in the walls and ceiling which looked like they had been patched several times and had black mold growing from them. The refridgerator was dirty and had remnants from previous guests. The bathroom was filthy and the light above the vanity was falling down, the only reason it was still hanging was due to it resting on the top of the mirror. The plaster on the ceilings was falling down and there was a boot print at the top of the wall by the ceiling. I would not have let my dog be subjected to those conditions let alone my less than a year old child. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this establishment.

1  Thank Amanda H