“Proximity”

Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach
Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 17 September 2012

As you come off the I-264 Interstate it becomes 21st Street and the beginning of the resort strip entrance. The Quality Inn is the very first hotel. It serves the proximity of the Convention Center next door and the beach is 4 minutes down 21st St. Typical shoebox hotel that charges based on the beach season and higher weekend rates. Small to mid-size room with comfortable beds but dated. As this location is off the main strip, the price points are lower which in turn brings the very young and rowdy. Acoustics of the balcony walkways makes it seem like everyone's conversation is at your door - at all hours. A huge disappointment came in the form of a $10 surcharge for a second vehicle parking pass - guys, we're off-season and 10 cars were in the lot. This is a hard environment because so many hotels are the same in structure but if you research well enough in this beach area, you'll be better served else where.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Several of us booked rooms here because of the proximity of the Convention Center. (many of us ran the Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon, and that's where it starts). A LONG walk back from the beach, especially if it's hot and humid (it was). There are very few other things any where near this hotel (restaurants or bars). There is free parking for the hotel guests, which is a plus I guess. The rooms are extremely average; outdated, and had a bit of a moldy smell. The beds were comfortable enough. I never saw any bugs. There is a small refrigerator in the room, which was extremely cold (froze the water bottles!), until we figured out how to turn it down. There is also a small microwave which worked fine.
The pool looked very clean (although we did not use it)
The breakfast is a joke! Better to have a breakfast bar in your room (no a/c in the breakfast area, and there is hardly any food)
For what you get, this hotel is way overpriced. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone unless you really need to be near the Convention Center.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank hmcrn2
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My sister and I booked a room on August 27th while on a cross-country trip with her 3 month old. I made an initial search of the room and was a little perturbed by a number of dried, washed blood splotches on the linen and a stale, sweet smell emanating from one of bedframe. Against my better judgment, I gave the all clear. 80 minutes later I decided to search again and found an early stage nymph on the corner of the other bedframe. I took the specimen to the front desk, canceled our reservation and we immediately packed up and vacated. My sister was told she would have to return when the manager was on duty to get a refund. The next day the manager insisted they sprayed once a month, said she should have taken a picture and refused to give her a refund. If you are considering this inn, my advice is to STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Eric592
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The hotel was 15 mins walk to the beach, I guess that is the reason for the price, because it was an old hotel,big rooms with confortable beds, but very poor breakfast, a clean swimming pool. they didn't clean the room during my stay (I saty 4 nights), Is OK if you want a place to sleep, and spend your days at the beach

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Isamira
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed here for a few days because we had dance competition across the street at the convention. It was accomodating becuase of location but, I wouldn't have stayed here for a vacation with the family. It's outdated and expensive for what your getting.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

There are so many motels you can rent for $80 but when we stretch our budget we expect not a whole lot but at least not worst then an $80 motel. VA beach is my favorite place for summer outing for 25yrs; but my observation is that the motel business are slowly going under control of worst managements. They just want to suck money without maintaing the quality.
1. The front desk people were courteous enough I should agree.
2. Room smell like old rotten carpet. Carpet was burned many places mostly iron mark.
3. I think the owner and his wife together put the carpet down, there were so many tiny nails, you should not take your slippers off.
4. White microwaves are so old that turned yellow now, broken handle, dirty inside.
5. Ha! Coffee machine – old coffee bags were still in there.
6. Breakfast – don’t go there, there is nothing. The orange juice is like yellow color water. If you ask then they will bring some frozen waffle. Just one 2 slot toaster for all 400 guests.
7. They don’t even turn on the AC in the breakfast room to save bill. Horrible breakfast.
8. Before you jump into the swimming pool you must check if your skin can handle that unclean, unfiltered water.
9. They will give you white towels but they don’t use any fabric softener. These towels feel like gunny bags.
10. I can go on and on. I and some other guest (not affiliated with me) talked to the front desk manager he said he will see how he can take care of these issues.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank M B
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Very outdated, run down looking. Stayed here as it was close to the Convention ctr. Otherwise would not have stayed here. The Continental Breakfast is poor to say the least. Staff was very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family