“Well worth the money”

Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Well worth the money”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

(based upon a stay in March 2014) I cannot say enough good things about this facility. We went to VA Beach for a race and made last minute reservations. We picked a modestly priced room. They gave us a free upgrade, just because it was available, and offered all sorts of assistance during our stay. The facility is a "little" far from the race start and maybe the beach in summertime, but if you are there on business or don't mind walking to the beach, the Ambassador Inn cannot be beat. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bonnie h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tampa Bay
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked this hotel despite the not so great reviews, because at the time I needed to make a reservation it was pretty much all that was available to suit my needs. At first glance the hotel is obviously vintage, but well located next to the convention center and within close walking distance to the beach. My next impression was that the double doors leading to the foyer were quite dirty with many handprints. Check-in was friendly if uninformative. The room, #112, gave a good appearance on entry, with inviting beds, seemingly newly painted walls and a large bathroom. I did not realize until late at night, after we had settled in, that the door could be opened from the outside simply by pushing it! Also, the deadbolt was loose and hanging at an angle, but we decided to deal with the situation due to the lateness of the hour and our one-night stay. We regretted this decision when there came a knocking at the door around midnight, and then a more insistent knocking when we did not respond. However, the knocking stopped when I issued a verbal challenge. Needless to say I did not have a restful night.

The very hot and the cold water in the room are reversed. The room has the usual amenities including a microwave and fridge, both of which partially block the mirror behind them. The room was clean except for some mildew that seems to be within the grout. Breakfast was a sad affair, with one kind of cold cereal, two kinds of very miniature muffins, juice and coffee with powdered creamer. We went elsewhere for breakfast. At checkout the bill did not match my prepaid amount and included a $3.70 service charge. I was too anxious to leave to request an explanation. Stay at your own risk.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank karofl1

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel during college beach weekend and had a great experience. I felt very safe and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the location couldn't be better. I will be staying here again the next time my family visits Virginia Beach.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank PineappleGranade
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our family has been going to this property for years and never had any issues. We generally book 3 or 4 rooms and found them clean, beds very comfortable, and always a friendly staff. Not directly on the oceanfront but close enough to be away from most of the noise. Rates reflect the distance so it usually is a good bargain

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ron W
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stay at this hotel often with my family. This hotel has great staff convienently loccated near convention center minutes from beach. I have always got a nice clean place with reasonable rates.i have stayed at other hotels in area that charges more for no better service. Very very friendly staff i would not stay anywhere else great job guys keep up the great work

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Mastibharee
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The Quality Inn Pavillion, on the beach in Virginia Beach, VA, while somewhat dated, was clean, convenient to the beach activities and reasonably priced, particularly for the off-season (OCT). A small, full-service restaurant is located on prem. The service is good and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: All room face the beach & ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
QualityPavilion154, Manager at Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear David,

Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & your reviews are greatly appreciated.

Bhavesh Rawal
Manager
Quality Inn Pavilion
757-425-6823
Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Beware please...I took bed bugs home. That cost $500.00 per room.

You think it can't happen to you, but it can. If you never dealt with bed bugs, you will find out how not worth it - it is to stay here. If you are absolutely desperate, put your items including luggage in heavy duty plastic bags.

I woke up the next morning and I couldn't take a shower. The water was backing up in the tub.

It was a leftover washed cloth from previous guest. The manager gave me his "WORD" that he woukd call me to discuss refund and never did.

At check out time...a line of 5 guests lined up complaining. The manager gave everyone his "WORD", but he probably did them the same as me and called no one. He just wanted to get rid if us.

Karma will catch up to him!!!

I will be calling the health department on them.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank CoverGirlie
QualityPavilion154, Manager at Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 24 October 2013

Its our sincere request that you contact the manager at the number below so that i can follow up on the matter.

Bhavesh Rawal