“Don't bother booking”

Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach
Ranked #103 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Me, My husband, my daughter, and sister came to say at this hotel for a family beach trip. I had book the hotel almost 3 weeks to a month prior to our stay telling the man who booked my stay that I needed one room two queen beds; in which he repeated back to me I gave him my card number and everything was supposed to be taken care of . We arrived around check in time and got our room keys we entered our room and it had to full sized beds in the room. Me and Amy husband returned to front desk and told them the mistake in which the front desk then told me to get the room I had already booked we had to be charged 22$ to be moved. I paid the 22$ to avoid argument with them and we were moved. The same night me and My husband went to shower and we noticed dried shampoo on the shower wall that housekeeping had missed and the toilet ran and you could hear water drained behind the wall. We decided to book just one more night at the end of our 3 days and I ended up paying 172$ for an extended night over half the price I had paid for 3 nights. I won't be back it's not worth the money and the employees our rude and uncaring of their guests!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Chanswife

Reviewed 28 May 2014

(based upon a stay in March 2014) I cannot say enough good things about this facility. We went to VA Beach for a race and made last minute reservations. We picked a modestly priced room. They gave us a free upgrade, just because it was available, and offered all sorts of assistance during our stay. The facility is a "little" far from the race start and maybe the beach in summertime, but if you are there on business or don't mind walking to the beach, the Ambassador Inn cannot be beat. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bonnie h
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked this hotel despite the not so great reviews, because at the time I needed to make a reservation it was pretty much all that was available to suit my needs. At first glance the hotel is obviously vintage, but well located next to the convention center and within close walking distance to the beach. My next impression was that the double doors leading to the foyer were quite dirty with many handprints. Check-in was friendly if uninformative. The room, #112, gave a good appearance on entry, with inviting beds, seemingly newly painted walls and a large bathroom. I did not realize until late at night, after we had settled in, that the door could be opened from the outside simply by pushing it! Also, the deadbolt was loose and hanging at an angle, but we decided to deal with the situation due to the lateness of the hour and our one-night stay. We regretted this decision when there came a knocking at the door around midnight, and then a more insistent knocking when we did not respond. However, the knocking stopped when I issued a verbal challenge. Needless to say I did not have a restful night.

The very hot and the cold water in the room are reversed. The room has the usual amenities including a microwave and fridge, both of which partially block the mirror behind them. The room was clean except for some mildew that seems to be within the grout. Breakfast was a sad affair, with one kind of cold cereal, two kinds of very miniature muffins, juice and coffee with powdered creamer. We went elsewhere for breakfast. At checkout the bill did not match my prepaid amount and included a $3.70 service charge. I was too anxious to leave to request an explanation. Stay at your own risk.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank karofl1
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel during college beach weekend and had a great experience. I felt very safe and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the location couldn't be better. I will be staying here again the next time my family visits Virginia Beach.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank PineappleGranade
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our family has been going to this property for years and never had any issues. We generally book 3 or 4 rooms and found them clean, beds very comfortable, and always a friendly staff. Not directly on the oceanfront but close enough to be away from most of the noise. Rates reflect the distance so it usually is a good bargain

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ron W
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stay at this hotel often with my family. This hotel has great staff convienently loccated near convention center minutes from beach. I have always got a nice clean place with reasonable rates.i have stayed at other hotels in area that charges more for no better service. Very very friendly staff i would not stay anywhere else great job guys keep up the great work

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Mastibharee
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The Quality Inn Pavillion, on the beach in Virginia Beach, VA, while somewhat dated, was clean, convenient to the beach activities and reasonably priced, particularly for the off-season (OCT). A small, full-service restaurant is located on prem. The service is good and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: All room face the beach & ocean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
QualityPavilion154, Manager at Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear David,

Thank you very much for staying at this hotel & your reviews are greatly appreciated.

Bhavesh Rawal