“An airline pilot's best friend! Great Value”

Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport
Ranked #88 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Raleigh
“An airline pilot's best friend! Great Value”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I lost my base in Raleigh and got relocated to the Norfolk Airport with my airline and I must say the location is great I have everything I need walking distance. Even if is not a gated hotel the area is fairly secure and I have never had a problem. Torie, Sunny and the rest of the staff work hard to make it the best experience possible for you and will go out of their way to make sure you have a great stay. The rooms vary, but so far no complaints at all. The hotel rooms were just recently renovated and me traveling all over the world I can say that the rooms are a great value, and to me most importantly is that they are clean, and secure for a good price. I enjoy my stay every time and will continue to stay with them and spread the word to my fellow pilots. They will soon have a van service on request for the airport. Also a free breakfast in the mornings doesn't hurt at all, keep up the good work!
A.C.
US Airways Express Carrier

Room Tip: Upper rooms have less noise and also no illumination from the vehicles parking in front of the room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

our stay was awsome just think the hotel needs a hot tub and bigger pool the stufff was very nice to us and we will return in furture.we liked how rooms were side by side.torie was very helpful and was good about giveing us towels and thing that we needed

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Moseley, Virginia
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night, between Busch Gardens and Virginia Beach. The hotel is dated, but our room was very clean. The carpet seemed to be new. There was a strong smell of room freshener, but that faded rather quickly. It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave. The room was quiet, and we didn't hear any outside noise. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. All in all, a good value for one night.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle P
petersburg, virginia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My daugher and I was on vacation July 16-18, 2012. we had a bad experience at the hotel we had already booked. So we checked out of that one and went down the street and we found Magnuson Hotel, Virginia Beach, Va. I told the manager our experience we had down the street from him . He gave me the key and ask me to go and look at the room. The room was great. So we stayed at the Magnuson hotel. All of the staff was just great. The manager couldn't have been any nicer. The next time I'm in virginia Beach I will stay at the Magnuson Hotel.

Room Tip: The only thing I can add the service was exellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This hotel wasnt that bad, its not unbearable. the price may be a little high for its value but overall it was a decent place to stay for a couple nights with some friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
S C, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you for taking out the time to write about your stay. We are continuing to renovate and once our remodeling is accomplished, we would appreciate another visit by you. thanks again!
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We booked at the last minute on a holiday weekend and we were looking for a good deal near the beach. We had a great trip, good value for the money, clean rooms but the beds could be more comfortable. We left a couple of rings in the room and the very honest staff made sure they were shipped to us. We would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank harken727
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My husband, daughter & I stayed at the Magnuson Norfolk location for 2 nights while in town for our daughters college orientation. My decision to stay there was based on the fact that they had the best rates, were extremely close to the college & I was informed that they had just finished a total renovation. Unfortunately, a fresh coat of paint does not a renovation make. There was mold & mildew on our shower curtain; a used, wet towel hanging on our shower curtain rod; the desk lamp shade was sooooo dirty & nasty looking that I refused to touch it; the beds were like sleeping on cardboard boxes; etc. etc. We stay at alot of hotels, from Super 8's to Hyatts and I can honestly say that I have not been quite this dissappointed in my accomodations in years. I would have mentioned all this to the front desk staff, but there seemed to be a huge argument going on in the front lobby between the staff & some other guests at the time of checkout & I was not even asked if I had enjoyed my stay or anything - I was just handed my receipt and told to "have a nice day". We should have complained the first night & gone next door to the Best Western, but we were so tired & worn out from our day that we stayed & vowed never to return to this hotel. A final note - the outdoor pool looked lovely but they closed it at 8 pm - IN THE SUMMER !!! REALLY!?!?!?

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan R
S C, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your complaint and regret any complications that you had during your stay at the Magnuson Hotel. At the time of your stay we were in the process of renovating and apologize that renovations were not fully completed. We strive to ensure our guest experience the best visit possible during their stay and we take customer service very seriously. Any additional suggestions you may have would be welcome. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to get more information on this matter.

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels