“Corprew”

Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport
Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I had a very good stay. Room was clean and fresh.. The staff was nice and so very helpful. I really enjoyed my visit and I will be returning again.. It was in very good area and easy to get to everything. I enjoyed the peace and quiet most of all. Yes I will be telling my friends and Co workers to stay at the Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank CarlaMsndepende... L
S C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I feel as though the Magnuson Hotel should feel like you home away from home. I am glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Please come visit us again whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Good room for cost. Clean beds & bathrooms.
Need more towels in room. And breakfast could have been slightly better.
Overall I'd stay again if passing through. Other hotels in area were way more expensive.
Kim at front desk was great.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer D
S C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us that you enjoyed your stay. We always want to make sure that the guest receives good quality but at a affordable rate. Please tell your friends and family to stay here whenever they are in the area and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My experience at the Magnuson hotel in Va.Beach was excellent only took me 5 minutes to check in and the front desk clerk called me as soon as I entered the room and made sure that I was happy with my room. The staff was very neat and professional the building was spotless I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Hampton roads area

• Stayed: February 2014
S C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

It is a great feeling when you know you have gotten a great deal at such a low price. Not only was the service excellent but I did not have to pay a outrageous price. I feel no matter how much you pay you should always have a clean and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about the hotel. Please feel free to come back anytime you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Magnuson hotel has one thing going for it, and that is it's proximity to the Norfolk intl Airport. Had it not been so close and so cheap, I will have turned around and driven away the second I pulled up. The hotel is falling down, and in much need of some TLC. Despite that, the staff are very friendly, and despite the appearance, our room seemed clean. The beds were as hard as rocks. Seriously! Rolling over, nearly bounced you right off onto the floor, thats how hard it was. We arrived right at check in, headed out for dinner, and didn't come back until late. A few hours of shut eye was all we needed and we were headed out for out flight. I payed $46 plus tax via Expedia, but definitely wished I had shopped around for an even cheaper price.

After 10 or 11 pm the lobby closes and there is a Scary corner you have to stand in to check in/out with the front desk clerk. Since we checked out at 5am, the lobby still was open and I spent the whole time standing in that dark little corner, hoping I wasn't going to get shot or kidnapped while I waited for my receipt.

The Wawa across the street is conveinant, but a fight did break out in there, when we stopped for coffee the morning of our departure.

budget friendly, but not a vacation spot.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ThatRoweGirl
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We have booked the room for our DubLi Open Houses a few times now. We keep coming back because the room is very nicely sized for our group, the staff is VERY accommodating, and the price is RIGHT! The staff even opened up the restaurant to give us sufficient rest rooms to use!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is the second time I’ve been at the Magnuson Hotel for extended training sessions. The conference room we utilized was conveniently located in terms of access and flow of attendees from the front door/lobby. There was also direct access outside for bringing in any larger items needed for the sessions. The room was comfortable and spacious; yet no one was too far from the front of the room. Vending, small refreshment area, restrooms and front desk are all a few steps away. JC and staff are very hospitable and accommodating. Thanks for helping to make it a great experience!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

I am glad our conference rooms was accessible for your needs. We try to accommodate our guest as best as possible. Please feel free to have your next meeting at our location. We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I spent two days here for a training workshop and I was very impressed with everything I saw and experienced. The property was clean and well maintained and all of the staff members were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is Ideally located to Virginia Beach and Norfolk Int. Airport and nearby restaurants. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Norfolk or Virginia Beach and I give this place two thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business