“Stay away from this dump!!!”

Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport
Ranked #92 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

There's so many terrible things I could say about this place! Our room smelled awful to the point I had to go to Walgreens and spend $15 on Febreze products! Our AC didn't work and there was a huge bug crawling on the wall so we asked to switch to another room, they gave us a different room and it was so hot that we had to turn on the AC and leave for several hours till the room cooled. I ended up having to Lysol and febreze that room also. We felt very unsafe in this hotel. It's too far from the beach, the pool was a creepy place to be. Just a nightmare all around! Stayed here to save a few dollars...never again! Will be going back to VB Monday and we are staying in an Ocean front Hotel far from the Magnuson!!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
S C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I am so sorry to hear that your experience was so terrible. We strive our best to accommodate our guest and make sure they are happy and comfortable. I am not sure what the smell was in your room. Our housekeeping supervisor inspects all rooms thoroughly. We hope that you would give us a call as soon as possible to discuss this matter further.

There are newer reviews for Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I recently visited the hotel and had a wonderful experience. This hotel came w/ a pool, complimentary breakfast and you could even take yoga classes w/o having to leave the hotel. It was located close to the interstate with really nice restaurants close in the area. It's close the mall and shopping center which really came in handy. The front desk people are helpful and if you need any help finding activities to get into they have a stand with activity pamphlets that let you know what's going on in the area (bonus). I've stayed in some hotels and it kind felt like you were on your own but this is not the case. They really go out their way to make sure you have a well rounded experience. The cozy feel of the rooms made me feel right at home. I really loved where it was located. I will visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
S C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

It's always wonderful to hear so many positive words from a guest. Thank you very much and we welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The service is great, staff is very friendly and helpful. The prices are very reasonable, especially since it's "tourist season". I'm from the area and remember this place from before, and the upgrades and new owners are wonderful.
This is my second stay here, and it definitely won't be my last!!

• Stayed: June 2014

Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and even better to know you will come again to visit us. Feel free to contact us for your next reservation.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here a couple years ago and loved it so much I came back! Now, the entire hotel has been renovated and the rooms look better than before. The room I stayed in looked like it was built yesterday! The staff is friendly, the prices are great considering you are right in the middle of everything, and my favorite part is the fitness classes! I HAVE to work out when I travel and this is the ONLY hotel I've been to that offers Zumba, Yoga, etc. I highly recommend The Magnuson Hotel to anyone travelling to Virginia Beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

So wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our fitness classes do offer the guests the ability to stay in tune with their workout when away from home. Please feel free to contact us directly for your next reservation.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Simple but fun place, good quality for the price. Location is very convenient and ample parking is available. Rooms are big, comfortable, and generally clean. Walking distance from many good eating places. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
S C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I think this is the perfect location if you want to be close to the ocean front and restaurants, but still pay a affordable price. I am glad that you enjoy your stay and hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

It was comfortable hotel with decent basic amenities. The hotel had all mad-cons. The bed was fairly comforyable, room was clean and staff wad friendly and courteous the local sightseeings and stoppings were fun locations is great.

• Stayed: January 2014

I am glad to see that you would highly recommend this hotel. We strive to make sure that this is a place that you would like to visit again. We also want this to be hotel that you tell your friends and family to visit whenever they are in the area. I am glad that you chose to make this your home away from home and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was a comfortable hotel, with decent basic amenities. The hotel had all mod-cons. The bed was fairly comfortable, room was clean and staff was friendly and courteous..The local sightseeings and shoppings were fun..location is great.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samridhi V
S C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Customer service is very important at the Magnuson Hotel, we want all our guest to feel as if they are at home. We try our best to make sure the guest are comfortable and that they have the basic amenities. Thank you for staying with us and come back again.