We stayed a total of 4 nights. Check in was easy and the girl told me exactly where to park for easy access to our room. We had a great spot. We had a sliding door that we could park right in front of. The room was spacious and new looking. The beds are extremely comfortable. The tvs are large with lots of channels. The bathroom was the best. I loved the shelving and long counter. The floors were nice and the shower was very refreshing. Encounters with the house cleaning staff were very pleasant. They also showed me where guest laudry was (3rd floor). There were usually lots of groups in the lobbyusing the convention center or conference rooms but all were very respectful. The outdoor pool was nice and well maintained. It was a good size and had lots of chairs and was a nice atmosphere. 90% of this location was great. But the other 10% was issues: the indoor pool was closed indefinitely. Not a huge issue, but still an advertised attraction that until you asked where it was, did not know it was out of order. I tried twice to call up to the front desk or housekeeping to report our toilet stopped up and no one ever answered. It just rang and rang and rang. Finally just left a note hoping housekeeping would see it. The coffee shop that is also an advertised and anticipated attraction was either never open, or the one day it was, the girl was very frazzled, a little rude, and late. And the restaurant.......the only good part was the breakfast buffet. I would recommend NOT eating any other meal here. They have no iced tea. They were out of almost everything we tried to order. Even soda pop. They had to serve us hot cans of pop and still charged us $2.25 each. The mac and cheese for kids was noodles with the nacho cheese sauce on it. Gross. The rolls they brought us out to eat were still frozen in the middle. The menu is extremely over priced - for what they do have in stock. The food was just not good. There was never really an apology for the experience. I believe that this restaurant is going to become huge turn off for guests if not remedied soon, and may begin to reflect badly upon the hotel, which is otherwise a lovely place to stay. Overall, we loved our stay here - just save your money and eat elsewhere. It was about a 10 minute easy highway drive to get to the beach and was a nice escape from all the noise and people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated within minutes of Norfolk International Airport, the beautiful beaches of Virginia Beach, the restaurants & shops of Virginia Beach Town Center, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a perfect destination whether you are traveling for business, to a local sporting event, or for a family getaway. The Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk is centrally located between Virginia Beach, downtown Norfolk, Chesapeake & Williamsburg providing convenient access to Government Bases such as Norfolk Naval Station, Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, Fort Story, Oceana Naval Air Station, & Norfolk Naval Shipyard & local businesses such as Verizon, Sentara Leigh, Riverside Corporate Center & Amerigroup. Traveling for sports events? The hotel is located near the Princess Anne Athletic Complex, Hampton Roads Soccer Complex & the USA Field Hockey National Training Center. Looking for fun things to do? The friendly staff of the Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk will provide you information and directions to close by attractions such as the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, Cape Henry Old Lighthouse, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, and the Chrysler Museum of Art. We feature 20,000 sq. Feet of flexible ballroom space perfect for your company meeting, family reunion, wedding or social event from 5 to 500 people. From our entire staff we look forward to your visit! **Hot Tub and indoor pool are currently Closed For Renovation updates to follow** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn