“Great value!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Moss Point, Mississippi
“Great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were here for four days for a maritime school course my husband needed to take, and they had a very good rate negotiated with the school that included a ten dollar a day voucher for any of the restaurant/coffee shop/bars, so he was able to have a good breakfast before he left for school. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was very helpful. Parking is a little tight for a full sized truck, but we were here during the week and there were plenty of parking places available that were very manageable. There was a fridge, microwave and small coffeepot in the room, so I did not need to eat in restaurants while he was in school. We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool, and if I had to find one fault, it would be that there seemed to be an awful lot of cigarette butts in the 'green' area surrounding the pool. All in all, a great visit.

Room Tip: Bring laundry soap if you will be doing laundry-they had a machine, but judging from the layers of t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, sales at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Derfina,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We greatly appreciate the maritime’s business and take pride in the service we give their students. We are happy to hear he was able to take advantage of his voucher and that you found the amenities in the room sufficient to your needs. We apologize that you found parking difficult at times, but we are happy that it got better during the week. Thank you for letting us know about the cigarette butts, we like to keep our grounds clean and pleasant for our guest. We have notified the housekeeping department about the issue. If you find yourself in the area again we hope that you will come back and stays with us. We hope to see you soon.
Michelle, Manager of Guest Satisfaction

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were here for ROF Con. Fantastic stay! Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking was tight but there was event staff available and they were there to make sure patrons staying at the hotel would have a place to park which was absolutely wonderful. I accidentally left my iPad at the front when I checked in and the gentleman at the door placed it behind the desk for safekeeping. I don't think he was actually a hotel employee but was contracted by either the hotel or the con. Room was perfect. All my requests were satisfied including late check out (I am a Priority Club/IHG Rewards member). Room was very comfortable and clean. Housekeeping staff was friendly. Bathroom in queen room was nice and bright. The room itself is a bit dark. Sink in the bathroom is a bit odd and shallow. Lots of counterspace, though. Small open closet with ironing board/iron available next to the bathroom. Free internet was decently quick considering the hotel was completely booked. My husband used the fitness room and he said the treadmill was very good. Nice to have a small fridge and microwave in the room. No safe. The cafe had good coffee. Dinner at Ashley's was pleasant.

A friend of mine stayed later and got caught by the winter storm. The hotel extended the con rate an extra day for him.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, sales at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear JediTraveller,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate the positive feedback, as we take great pride in our customer service and the state of our hotel. Parking was tight that weekend so I am happy to hear that you were able to get a parking spot, and that our efforts were successful. We truly enjoyed having ROFCON , it made for a fun and eventful weekend. I am happy to hear that your IPAD was returned to you. We appreciate your loyalty as an IHG member and hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Best regards,
Michelle , Manager of Guest Satisfaction
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I had trouble checking in due to my credit card company, but the front desk manager was very friendly and sympathetic. Hotel was clean and nice. Presented a class and the room was very user friendly and the staff was very attentive. I ate at the restaurant and the food was a little old on the buffet but I understood because I came in late before they took it down. My waitress and the staff were all very friendly. Now the best part of all....the front desk person named Cynthia. She was the best part of my trip. She knew all the good places to go, she was friendly to everyone, apologized for others mistakes, and always a bright shining face. It was my first time to Virginia and doing this class, but I hope to be back again and again for both and to see her.

Room Tip: I don't have a problem with any rooms because I am there for business, but if you want a prefere...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle D, sales at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Kelly O,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. Our staff takes great pride in providing great customer service, so we appreciate you letting us know we are doing a good job. I will mention the buffet to our food and beverage director to see if there is a way to keep the line fresh. We will let Cynthia know about the positive impact she had on your stay, thank you for mentioning her by name so that we can let her know. We hope to see you again soon!
Michelle, Manager of Guest Satisfaction
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Would loved to have stayed more than 1 night. The rooms are updated (not sure when they renovated). The lady at check-in was great and a fellow night auditor. She was called in to work a day shift (tough on anyone who works 3rd shift), yet still friendly.

Only thing I might add is the thin curtain was torn in two places and the desk chairs had a little bit of rust since they're partially made of steel.

Otherwise a clean, updated room with an awesome walk-in shower!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I never oversleep in a hotel. I'm always ready to get up and out of there. At the VA Beach Holiday Inn, the room was so comfortable and cozy I wanted to stay and stay. The staff is wonderful. The restaurant was good. The property is beautiful. The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for an external-facing room. I had a room overlooking the lobby. There's a massive six-sto...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Carey H
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Conveniently located to our needs. Very friendly staff good size rooms, big tv. The reason I gave it a 3 is because when we checked in at 4:00 the rooms where not ready and we were 43 on the list. The furnishings were worn and the draperys were torn in several places. I wasn't thrilled with the cleanliness of the room. Great buffet breakfast and reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rosanne M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Rosanne M,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our location, the buffet breakfast and our staff. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you had with the room cleanliness. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

For the second year in a row, I have been fortunate to work with Maria at the Holiday Inn Virginia Beach-Norfolk to book several rooms (25 this fall) for our field hockey team and their many family members. We have found that we are able to stay together, have breakfast in the lobby, find a variety of restaurants close by and thoroughly enjoy ourselves. The front desk staff is always prepared to check us in quickly, our every need is met as asked and we will continue to make the Holiday Inn a part of our Championship program.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa or eat in the hotel restaurant, so can not rate them. I have stayed on both th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends