“Pleasant stay with friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
North Carolina
“Pleasant stay with friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were here for a wedding. Check in was easy. The room was nice and comfortable. One thing I always pay attention to are the staff. I believe they had several conventions going on at one time as the hotel was packed!! The staff that we came into contact with, though, were friendly, helpful and smiling. We usually don't sleep well when out of town, but the beds and pillows were very comfortable, and we actually found ourselves sleeping a little later than we usually do. Hotel was quiet except for Saturday evening. There seemed to be a lot of running on the floor above - there were a lot of teenagers there for some sort of sporting event - but not to an unreasonable amount or where it disturbed our sleep. The only negative is the parking. There is parking in the back, but it is not very well lighted, and I would feel uncomfortable parking there as a last resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, sales assistant at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Carolinamagnolia,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing this review. We appreciate the feedback from our guests. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly. We take great pride in the way our guests are treated and the experience they have. We are sorry for the issues you experienced with parking and we will work to ensure issues like that do not occur in the future. We hope to have you stay with us again.
Holiday Inn Virginia Beach Norfolk Hotel and Conference Center

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I shy away from Holiday Inns and was skeptical when a relative suggested this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel competes aesthetically with any high end hotel chain. The beds, customer service, toiletries (Bath & Body Works), gym, pool, and atmosphere was very pleasant. I have changed my mind about Holiday Inn and may stay again in the future.

Stayed June 2014
Michelle D, Sales assistant at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Tara C,
Thank you for staying with us and for the review. We are happy to hear that we were a pleasant surprise and that we changed your mind about the brand. We want all of our guests to leave with positive feelings about the brand and our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Holiday Inn Virginia Beach Norfolk Hotel and Conference Center
Virginia Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

You'd think that a 'conference center' hotel would have desks in the guest rooms, but my otherwise lovely room only had a small round table. I asked if a desk or additional round table could be brought in, as I was staying for 2 days and had a lot of work to accomplish while there. I was told none were available, which seems odd. Another hotel would have figured out something! Then at check-out, I was told that I couldn't get a copy of my receipt since I made my reservation through a third party. That's a first for me. I always get one receipt for my expenses, regardless of how I make my reservation. Overall, I got the feeling that no one really cared to go out of their way for me. A maintenance person passed me in the hallway and never made eye contact nor greeted me. I'm used to friendlier and more accommodating service. Also, there were not enough available outlets.

Other than that, the room itself was fine. Good shower, comfy bed, wi-fi stayed connected and heating/AC unit worked well. The hotel was mostly quiet and in an OK location - better restaurants within a few minutes, though the hotel restaurant was good too.

Room Tip: Facing the pool courtyard was quiet - no highway traffic.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Michelle D, sales assistant at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear IJohnson55,
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate feedback from our guests so thank you for writing this review. We apologize for the issues you experienced and will work to ensure they do not occur in the future. Please contact me directly; my number is 757-226-9124 as I would like to further discuss this review. I hope to hear from you and that you will give us another opportunity to impress you.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying we are IHG members and we love Holiday Inn. We spent our honeymoon at the Ocean Front location. However this stay was horrible. There were kids running around playing all night throwing footballs screaming and hollering. I called the front desk and was assured security was going to take care of it. Didn't happen. Second night Cindy at the front desk said she was too busy to address my request for a cork screw for our champaign. I called 3 times and she hung up on me all 3 even after I asked for her name. My wife went to the front desk to see what was going on and no there weren't 500 people there like she said. Nikeitha Johnson (management) did receive notes on the issue but only addressed them after we brought them to her. Water and pressure were very limited in the shower. (Room 160) Service is very important and Nikeitha tried but for a returning guest we were very disappointed. She did remove one night off the bill.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keith M
Michelle D, sales assistant at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Keith M,
Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for your loyalty as an IHG rewards member. We appreciate member feedback, so thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are sorry for the issues you experienced with your stay, both the noise and the service. We want all of our guests to leave feeling satisfied with their stay. If you feel so compelled please contact me personally at 757-226-9124, as I would like to personally address this issue with you. I hope that you will contact me and allow me the opportunity to address your concerns.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had a great time at this hotel, it was very clean and they provided excellent service. I stayed in a standard king room; it had a walk in shower with a glass door as well as a lovely bed! The service at this location was fantastic, I was there on a job interview and everyone I encountered asked me how it went the following day. I didn't encounter any problems with the internet and their printers at the business center worked very well when I needed to print out some last minute documents. The hotel is in a decent location (not too far from the airport or beach) and was a good price for the service provided. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kaitlin M
Michelle D, sales assistant at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Kaitlin,
Thank you for staying with us and we all hope that you were offered the position. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities and staff met your needs. We appreciate the positive feedback and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Michelle, Manager of Guest satisfaction
Holiday Inn Virginia Beach – Norfolk Hotel and Conference Center
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Booked for the indoor pool advertised online & in the room book only to find out it was removed 3 yrs ago! Forgot to clean rm & blamed the # of checkouts they had.

Dining staff and room service great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Michelle D, sales assistant at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Sepiatonz,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate the feedback so we can improve our guests’ experience. We are sorry to hear that you feel mislead about the indoor pool. Unfortunately, our plans for our indoor pool at this time are undetermined .However , we do have an outdoor pool available to our guests. Because you have made us aware of this issue we will work to make sure that this does not occur in the future. We are also sorry to hear about your housekeeping issue, guest satisfaction and room cleanliness are very important to us. If you feel so compelled I would like to discuss this issue further, please give me a call at 757-226-9124. I hope to hear from you!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My company was staying at the hotel while working in the bay area. The shuttle service alway took care of us. Cynthia did a great job when driving us and at the front desk if anyone in the group had questions.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Michelle D, sales assistant at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Greg F,
Thank you for the great review and for staying with us. We are happy to hear you were taken care of. Cynthia is great with our guests and will be recognized for this review. We hope you will stay with us again if you find yourself back in the area.
Michelle, Manager of guest Satisfaction