“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Everything was nice when I stayed here. Clean rooms, easy access to the beach, nice staff, great amenities, free raking across the street... I have no complaints! I would stay here every time if I can. I actually stayed in april, 2011

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Corolla03
Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Had a great 5 day stay at this hotel for our summer family vacation..Excellent accomodations..Excellent service..Only complaint(and reason for 4 out of 5 rating) was that the "Kids eat free" benefit is invalid poolside..we had stayed at the same style Holiday Inn at Ocean City, MD and this was not the case...Make sure you stop by the poolside bar at the Square Whale! Corey & Steve without a doubt were the kings of service. These guys know how to take care of their guests..Will be back again next year!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

The location is absolutely perfect. We had a sixth floor room with a pool / ocean view. It appeared to us that no matter where your room was you had a nice ocean view.The staff were very friendly. The problem with this hotel is that if you're concerned about a clean room don't book this hotel. 4 out of 6 days I asked for NO service. I used my own lysol wipes to disinfect some of the things. Somebody vomited in the hallway. It was sort of cleaned up. The splatter on the wall was there for 3 days. I reported that the smell was overwhelming when you came off the elevator. After my 3rd complaint they wiped up the vomit off the wall. They never took care of the smell. The hotel NEVER smelled fresh and clean. Especially the elevators, hallways and rooms.

2  Thank ANNA04210822
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear ANNA04210822,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I apologize for the shortcomings you had experienced during your stay and for any inconvenience caused. I have taken note of your comments regarding the cleaning service and will follow up with our housekeeping department to ensure that similar similar incidents won't happen again.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 July 2012

My family and I stayed here for 4 days last week. The location is great, right on the beach at the end of the boardwalk. Our room was spacious with a nice view of the pool and ocean. They have several pools including 2 lazy rivers and 2 water slides. The kids really loved those. Bring your own chair though, the pools get really crowded and the hotel chairs go fast. My kids also really loved splash camp which has 2 turtles, crafts and games for children. They have a nice little movie theater in the hotel which plays family movies. We didn't really care for the food at their restaurants but there are plenty of other places to eat in Virginia Beach. Housekeeping wasn't the best. The elevators are slow and we had a lot of trouble with our room keys. The air conditioner in the room is very loud. Staff overall is friendly. We would stay here again for the location and kids activities.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

My family stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend. It was a wonderful hotel with excellent customer service and friendly employees. There was a mix-up in our hotel room which was corrected the following night. The hotel has excellent views of the beach and lots of activities for families.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We enjoy staying at the north end of Virginia Beach and loved the end of the boardwalk location! We had a first floor room which was clean and very comfortable! We enjoyed the lounge chairs right outside of the room on a grassy area between the hotel and the boardwalk and the quick access to the beach. The hotel has so many family-friendly features - great pools, movie theater, etc. Roberto provided exceptional customer service throughout our stay!!!! He corrected an error that I made in our reservation and went above and beyond to ensure that we enjoyed our trip. Thank you!

Room Tip: We had a first floor room which was clean and very comfortable! We enjoyed the lounge chairs right...
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn North Beach for a 3 day weekend in July. I booked this hotel because of the outdoor pool options and it's proximity to the beach. The Kid's Club and Movie Theater were bonus features of this property.

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 girls (9 months and 2yrs 9 months). We had a great time at the pools and loved the beach. It rained on Saturday, so we visited the Kid's Club and our older daughter had fun doing arts & crafts, playing Dance on the Wii and talking to the resident Turtles. The staff that works at the Kid's Club is also fantastic. We enjoyed dining at the Square Whale for lunch each day, as we could never tire of the beach view. It was also fun eating lunch on their patio, while it rained. So refreshing! Hubby and I had grandma watch the girls one night, so we could dine at the Isle of Capri. The view was stunning up there and the food was delicious.

A few tips:
Ask the Kid's Club for inner tubes for the pool. We bought noodles at the 7-11 across the street and they were $4 each! I could have bought the noodles ahead of time but I paid the price for being lazy.

The parking garage is across the street. Literally, 20 steps across the street. We only used valet when it was raining (it's free anyways).

I thought the front/main pool was icky because of all the sand that was in the water. However, it's right at the main access to the beach, so it suffers that casualty.

Definitely thought this hotel was our best option for VA Beach!

1  Thank Liz S