“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Made a last minute trip to enjoy the nice weather and thought this hotel was just fabulous. The room was beautiful and clean as was the rest of the hotel. The two restaurants had great food at reasonable prices and the 3 pools were so nice I actually came out of the ocean to enjoy them. I was there with friends but also thought it was a great place for kids. They had a kids room, a movie room and an exercise room for the parents. The best part was that every person who worked there had a smile and hello every time they passed by. I highly recommend a trip here.

Room Tip: Of course, if you can, ocean front.
Green Features: They requested cooperation to be environmentally friendly which I appreciated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and it was a pleasure having you at our property. Next time you are in Virginia Beach please come by and see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Damascus, Maryland
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed the first week of October and had an incredible time! The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and has a magnificent ocean view and balcony. The amenities were wonderful and all the staff was friendly and helpful. The beach was perfect and water still warm enough to swim in. We counted at least 60 dolphins in our 3-day stay. I can't say enough about this amazing hotel and location!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view. You can't beat the experience!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to fill our a survey about our hotel. On behalf of the entire hotel, it was our pleasure to host you and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. It is nice to see our guests even in the off season has so much to do at our property.

Thank you please come again!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel was nice. The amenities were great! I personally was in child overload here. I would not stay at this hotel based on too many children. I didn't realize it was a family oriented hotel. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely recommend this hotel. I just don't suggest it to a couple who is traveling without children to stay here. Children were everywhere, laughing, running, crying...just being children. They had everything, 3 swimming pools, bar at one of the pools, theatres in the hotel etc. The staff tried their best to be accommodating and friendly. I stayed in my room as less as possible and stayed on the beach.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angie H
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey about our hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was a wonderful hotel right on the beach. We stayed here the first week of September while my husband was doing a course and very much enjoyed it. There was a great selection of pools - and though they were cold, they were enjoyable. The larger pool was by far the best, the smaller outdoor ones were a little dirty, but it's too be expected in an outdoor pool! Great beach access and a fun little cafe/bar poolside. The elevators needs improvement - there are only two in the building we were in and with the Shriners in town it made for long waits. Plus the one by the pool had this soft middle area which was a bit scary, along with a jolting motion in between the 1st and 2nd floor. The room was amazing! Beautiful balcony and view, comfy beds and a fridge and micro which was helpful.

The staff were great. Very friendly and helpful with any questions or concerns. While we didn't have kids with us, there was a ton if kid activities and movies playing in the theatre. Breakfast was enjoyable and the breakfast staff were beyond amazing. The location is higher then most of the places on the strip but there is trolley/shuttle stop right across the street. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chantal S
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I hope your stay was enjoyable enough that you will come and visit us again in the future and hopefully we can rate a 5 with you next time. Thank you again and see you soon.
Farmville, Virginia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was a very nice hotel with a nice view of the ocean. I was there for a business conference. Staff was available when I had any questions and parking was across the street. Hotel would be a great choice for families! I would definitely look into making a reservation here for a family weekend trip. I enjoyed the indoor swimming pool(lazy river) and the whirlpool since it was cool outside. The only issues that I had were: small elevator and the shower bar/door. The shower bar was loose and I had to fix that before opening and closing the door. After my shower, the door kept getting stuck that it fell off the track and I fixed that, too. Otherwise, my stay was great!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank pencefj
Thank you for writing a reviw about your stay with us. Please come back and see us again, next time you are in town for Virginia Beach.
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Perfect location on the strip in the middle of everything. All rooms are ocean front balconies on one side and all glass looking over the strip on the other. Everyone was friendly and the rooms were kept clean . Didn't eat there as there are to many choices elsewhere and they were a bit pricey. Parking kinda sucks but there is not much they can do about that they have a extra lot available a 1/2 a block away. Looking At the other hotels while we were there and I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. I truly am happy that your stay with us was enjoyable. Hopefully we will see you again, next time you are in Virginia Beach.
Poplar Grove, IL
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great new building and location. The movie theater is a really nice amenity, especially on rainy days. The little water park is just enough to entertain little children for a couple hours, nobody else. The drawbacks of this resort hotel are lack of elevators and lack of personnel at the check in counter. This results in long waits at both locations. And the personnel on duty are so overworked that they aren't really interested in helping the visitors.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike M
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for the review and allowing us to look at the positives and the negatives you experienced so we can correct them. I hope we see you back again in the future.