Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cavalier Hotel(Virginia Beach)
  • Pool
Belvedere Beach Resort(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
  • Pool
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Four Sails Resort(Virginia Beach)
1,167 results
All reviewsmovie theatersquare whalekids eat freeisle of capriindoor lazy riversplash campkids clubthe north endkids roommain poolacross the streetbreakfast restaurantpoolside barfamily hotelhot tubquiet endqueen suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I am a coach for the Waldorf Wildcats, we took our boys (12-13) down for the AYFL Atlantic Regional Championship. The staff on duty was exceptional, every request was met with a genuineness that I have not seen in a while. I plan on taking a family break in Va Beach and my stay will be here because of the guest services personnel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank crumb1965
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking time out of you day to write such a nice review about our hotel. Everyone at the Holiday Inn North Beach will be excited to hear how well your stay was. Next time you are in Virginia Beach, we hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was my first time back to this hotel in 8 years. However, it was another great one. The first floor suites we can sleep 4-6 are awesome. We were hesitant about a first floor room but direct access to the beach w/o having to go through the hotel lobby was awesome. Rooms are a little pricey in the summer, but we really enjoyed our stay and our hotels amazing location. Pool bar was nice to have. Also, only one car per room purchased due to limited parking across the street. The free breakfast buffet because I'm a platinum elite ihg rewards member was awesome.

Room Tip: Get a first floor suite if you can w direct access to boardwalk and beach via sliding glass door
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean H
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate all your feedback and will make sure to pass on the positive and the negative feedback to the staff. Hopefully next time you are in Virginia Beach we will be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and we were just as pleased with the accommodations as the first time. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and modern. The only negative was the staff at the front desk. The male staff were friendly and professional, but the younger female staff members were usually busy talking with one another. When we checked out on 10/18/13, the young lady working at the front desk didn't even acknowledge us as we turned our keys in; she was busy talking with another girl about a recent vacation she had taken. She didn't say hello, good bye, or anything. She just took the key cards out of my hand and we walked out without a word... so we recommend more training on customer service! Overall, we highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely return to this hotel. It's also conveniently located in the North Beach area.

Room Tip: We recommend an oceanfront room with a private balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hotrod_Hammer
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. I am glad you stay was good and it was a pleasure hosting you at our hotel. Next time you are in Virginia Beach we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Our stay was wonderful. But on our second to last day or vehicle was damaged on the door by the valet and it was deemed to be our responsibility even though they parked the vehicle. They were willing to take responsibility till the quote came in for the paint. Stay away if you value yours vehicle.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank mcnicjn
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am happy to see that your stay was wonderful from the employee's to the hotel. I understand how upset you were when your vehicle was scratched. I would not be happy if my vehicle was damaged.

When you reported the incident, immediatly the insurance company was notified and a report is filed. Once we file the report it is then up to the insurence company to contact you and discuss the option.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope you will come back.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I chose the Holiday Inn North Beach because my visit to my son and family was going to be in late fall and I wanted to have something fun for my 17 month old grandson to do. I had a very nice oceanfront suite on the second floor. Elevators are small as mentioned in many previous reviews, but no wait, since it was October and not crowded. Everyone I encountered was so friendly and helpful.

When I entered my room it was a nice size living area with sofa bed and two chairs.The lightening could be a little better in here. Small area with micro wave, frig, cabinets, coffee maker, tv and closet. There were a few things left in cabinets from previous guests, but I won't count on it. Frig had a little freezer area. Enough to re-freeze your ice pack for your return home if you need them. They could use a few more hangers in the closet if there are to be 4 or more people using the room.

Bathroom is between living/kitchen area. Sink area is separate from bathroom and shower area which is nice. They could use some more shelves or hooks in the bathroom. There is a lot of wasted wall space to put towels, pjs toiletries, etc.

Bedroom had 2 queen beds, tv, bureau, desk and chair. There were 2 chairs and small table on balcony. There is no screen on the sliding glass door which I found odd. I always like to leave the door open slightly (weather permitting) to hear the ocean, feel the sea breeze and hear the birds. No screen didn't matter this time of year, but in the summer it would be needed. It did have a sturdy lock on it.

As for the amenities........they are wonderful. A BIG THANK YOU to the Friday evening front desk and Cee Cee who opened the play room up for my grandson to play in. He had such a fun time in there. There is so much to do. The indoor lazy river was so much fun. The family just loved it, although the water could have been a little warmer. There were plenty of towels but be sure to ask at the desk for tubes or noodles to use. The hot tub was also very nice. It's wonderful that it is open until 11pm. There is also the cute little kids theater also. What a wonderful idea. It runs kids movies all day into the evening.

i had breakfast at the little breakfast /buffet restaurant one day. It was very good. It's a shame it is not open for lunch or dinner. Maybe it is in the summer. I did not try the Isle of Capri restaurant.

The location is close to the end of the boardwalk. A short walk on beach or boardwalk will find bike rentals, beach playground for kids, horseback riding. Not many shops up this end.

I'm looking forward to staying here again and enjoying a fun weekend in VB with my family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank slashba
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It was a pleasure having your family here and hope that we will see you again soon.