“The best on the beach!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Whitman, Massachusetts
“The best on the beach!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Booked a room at Wyndham on line when I arrived , I was soo disappointed , it's dirty and pools and jacuzzi were not working , got our $ back , drove 600 miles , now have to find a place , found holiday in north , it's beautiful and clean!! Told r situation to spencer & Asia and they hooked us up w/ a beautiful , oceanfront room! There super friendly , and feel Spencer saved r vacation , ( I was about to turn around and go home !! I will b back next year!!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. It was our pleasure to have you and your family and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. I will make sure we give recognition to Spencer for the great job he has done. We appreciate and value your opinion about the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Grand Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the country and several in va. beach but my latest stay was by far the best. the moment I stepped into the lobby the front desk treated me like royalty. the weather was terrible but I can't say enough about my stay. I believe it all starts when you are greeted at the front desk by a staff that truly cares and show they appreciate you picking their hotel to stay at.
thank you to the people of the Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach

Room Tip: just call you can't go wrong
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank david b
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review about your stay. It was our pleasure and it shows that our staff truly appreciates each and every guest that stays at our hotel. I will pass this onto the Front Office team for everyone to enjoy the nice words you had for them.
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family and I visited VA Beach 4/12 -4/15 and what started off as a terrible experience turn into the best experiences thanks to Dave at this hotel. We were told our hotel (Fairfield Inn Marriott) did not have a room for us, after traveling 8hrs to get there. They informed us that we had to be moved to this hotel. After getting up the street, which was a bit further than we originally wanted, Dave with Holiday Inn gave us the best customer services and professionalism ever! He accommodated us very well and turn our entire experience around. We will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future, thanks to Dave.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gerald G
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. I am happy to see that you had a good time and look forward to seeing you come back in the future. We especially want to thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend with my mom and infant son. While the weather wasn't the best, it was a very enjoyable time...much because of the hotel.
PROS:
- It was packed when we arrived and Spencer was quick to offer to move and park our car. He showed up on several occasions and by the second time remember our car and that we had a baby. He was fantastic.
- Called front desk to check status of the crib we asked for...they apologized 3x and had it brought up within 5 minutes. The crib was very clean and worked out perfectly.
- The size of the suite was very nice. Big enough for my son to crawl around and play which is what we wanted. Loved having the two tvs as well.
- The indoor pool/lazy river was very nice. My sons first time in a pool and it was great!
CONS: hard to come up with any really but my only two (which clearly should not be deal breakers)!
- The elevators were really slow
- When we stayed, the only breakfast option was a buffet....I do not eat enough in the am to justify spending $12+ on the buffet

So again, all in all, fantastic place to stay on the ocean with a ton of great amenities & super nice staff. We will be back to this hotel when visiting friends again for certain!!!

2 Thank Sarah S
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for writing such a nice review about our hotel. Our employee always want feedback whether they are good or bad as long as they are constructive. I am glad to see that your stay was wonderful and look forward to seeing you again in the future as your hotel of choice in Virginia Beach.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My family and I just stayed at the Holiday Inn North Beach for spring break. I can honestly say I will not be back to stay at this hotel (the next time we go I will be staying at the Hilton). We arrived with a garbage can in our room with candy wrappers and spit out candy in the garbage. They also didn't have pillows available for my daughter who was sleeping on the pull out couch. We asked all 3 days and they kept on stating they were out. Day #2 we found a sock under the bed skirt area. We attempted multiple times to get extra towels and it would take hours for them to arrive. The floor carpets were stained in multiple areas.

The lazy river is not truly a lazy river, but more of a pool (I expected tube rides around a lazy river). The kids still had fun, but it wasn't the grand size or what I expected. On a positive note, the hot tub was really hot and perfect for someone who wanted to soak their pains away.

The upside to the hotel room was that the sitting area was contemporary and had a nice sitting area with a bar like set up. They had a wine opener, can opener and plates and silverware already in the cabinets. There was also a mini-fridge so we went shopping at the local grocery store (fresh market I believe) and bought some grocery's and wine.

The onsite bar and restaurant were very accommodating and the best part of the entire hotel. My picky eating daughter wanted only buttered noodles and they went out of their way to accommodate our needs. The customer service in the restaurant was above and beyond and was amazing!

Another upside is that it is close to the famous King Neptune statue and bike rentals for the board walk. There is a 7-11 across the street and many shops within walking distance.

For the price and the experience we had with a dirty room (housekeeping issues), I wouldn't come back.

Room Tip: I would choose ground level so you can have a sitting grassy area and walk right to the beach.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dskefamily4
Thank you for taking the time to write reviews on several review site. Your feedback will help us ensure that we do not make the same mistakes again. I have already spoken to the Housekeeping Director who is surprised as much as I am. We will re train the Housekeeper who cleaned your room.

I replied as well on the other few sites that you wrote on so I can assure you that we received your feedback.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Traveling with three kids, this hotel was great. We stayed in one of the suites and there was plenty of room so that we didn't feel like we were constantly right on top of each other. The younger kids loved the playroom (Splash Camp) and the tortoises. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank JJCDD
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel. Our primary guest are families due to all of our amenities in the room. Next time you are in Virginia Beach, we hope you stay with us again.
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I wanted a great getaway for myself,my son and parents and we chose this Hotel. It has so much to do for everyone involved just in the motel.We watched a movie in the theater,hunted for turtles,played in the splash camp, ate in two of the restaurants and swam in the indoor pool which is a lazy river pool. Every staff working there always wore a smile and always greeted you.The rooms were spacious and very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The motel is just minutes from The Aquarium and many other fun things for the family to do. I and my family are planning a return visit. A special shout out goes to Asia, the motel is blessed to have you as an employee my family,myself and especially my son appreciate your kindness.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is beautiful saw lots of dolphins
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank virna c
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It was a pleasure hosting you for a weekend in Spring and look forward to seeing your family again here in the future.