“Great weekend in Virgina Beach”

Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, PA
“Great weekend in Virgina Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in May, 2014 for a wedding. Our overall experience was terrific. I can not say enough about the staff of the hotel. From the moment I set out of my car to register, I was greeted with a smile and friendly "Hello" from everyone.

The facility looks like it has recently been renovated as our room and all other places in the hotel were in very good condition. Our room was nice sized and faced the ocean. It was clean and well maintained.

We ate in the hotel restaurant for the rehearsal dinner. All the food was outstanding. It is much better quality than you would normally find in a hotel in this price range. I would recommend giving it a try.

This is a resort hotel really designed for families with kids as there are supervised play rooms, several pools with lazy river features and a movie room. I am a IHG rewards club member and stay mostly at Holiday Inns. I can honestly say this was one of the best managed and most friendly ones I have stayed in. I would highly recommend this facility if you are going to stay on the Beach in Virginia Beach.

Room Tip: There is a Seven Eleven right across the street for to easily get morning coffee.
1 Thank WGK_traveler
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and are glad to see you had a great time. I would love to see you and your family again in the near future and hope we will.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were at this hotel for a family wedding, it was picked by my niece and she did a great job! The hotel has Oceanfront suites that can sleep up the a family of 6 and we had 6 in our room. The bathrooms were nice, no tub, only showers. The room furniture was a bit worn. The 4 pools (yes 4) were all open (outdoor pools were a little cold due to the time of year) My four year old grandson was in heaven. There are 2 lazy river pools (one indoor one out) also outdoors is a water slide. The location at the end of the boardwalk makes for a quieter beach. the only negative was the elevator, they are VERY slow to come and the doors are quick to close, so if you are not staring at the right door by the time you get to that elevator the door closes and you have to wait for the next one.

1 Thank marycorrigan
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our hotel, it has been a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. Next time you are in Virginia Beach, it will be a pleasure assisting you.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in May. The location is fabulous. It is right on the beach boardwalk alongside several hotels. It doesn't look lime much from the outside, but our room was a good size with a view and balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. There are several pools which included a lazy river and slides. There is also a movie theatre! The restaurants on site were good especially The aisle of Capris for dinner, stunning views! All of the hotels along the boardwalk looked great, but don't discount this one because it is a "Holiday Inn". The only negative was there was no bath tub so if you are traveling with children, check to see if there are rooms with tubs. The other thing is the bathroom fan is very loud and the doors to the bathroom was awkward. But, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need a bath tub, make sure and request one. There are oceanfront rooms, those on the ground f...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mamagrigs
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it has been a pleasure having you stay with us and hope to see you again soon.
Mechanicsville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was able to reserve a room through my company's travel group at the Holiday Inn & Suites at the government rate, with my IHG rewards club membership. This afforded me free breakfast every morning which was very good. My room was Ocean front on the 7th floor. I'm not sure how recently these rooms were renovated, but my entire room and a new/recently remodeled appearance. I had zero issues with anything in my room. The TV was a generously sized LCD, with a sleep function that I appreciate in a strange place. The bed was very comfortable. Secured WiFi (with username and password required) functioned without issue. The only thing I couldn't figure out was changing the minutes on the alarm clock. The time was close enough, but no button or combination of buttons changed the minutes. I used wake up calls instead.
Each morning I had breakfast in the restaurant, and was great. Every day there were biscuits, gravy, bacon and eggs, waffles, and an omelet station. I had the omelet one day.
I had dinner at the hotel bar twice while I was here, once I had the buffalo chicken flatbread, and the other time I had a pizza. I was very hungry and could only eat half the pizza.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will try to stay here on my next trip to the VA Beach/Norfolk area for work.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jef400
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad to see you had a good time. I hope next time you travel to Virginia Beach that you will stay with us and then we can earn a 5 rating from you on Trip Advisor.
lula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

we were more than pleased with everything. the bartenders are phenomenal!! special thanks to peter! all the barkeeps make the hotel look good. every encounter i had with an employee was met with a smile & an offer to help. the staff made our weekend! thanks y'all!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank laddshock
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for writing such a kind review about your experience at the Holiday Inn. It was a pleasure having you and your family and hope to see you back at our hotel when you visit Virginia Beach.
Plains, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I spent a week at Holiday Inn North Beach in mid-May. We found the Bell Staff very cordial and attentive. Craig was a top notch guy. The front desk staff were also very welcoming and efficient. We had hoped for a first floor room, but there were none available for the entire stay. We were placed in an upgraded room on the second floor for our first night, and the next day we were moved to a first floor suite which was a further upgrade. Throughout our stay, the staff treated us like we were special. As we observed other guest interaction with the staff, we became aware that they were being treated with the same warmth. Martin, the pm desk manager, and Craig, our favorite bellman were real stars, as were Karen and Kaye at the breakfast buffet. Looking forward to staying here again, Charlie O. and Peggy

1 Thank Charles o
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. It has been a pleasure having you stay with us. I appreciate you writing about being a senior and that we were a good fit as well for you and not just kids. I hope we can see you again in the near future.
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed the weekend and everything was wonderful. Beautiful view, friendly, professional staff, the service was exceptional. The rooms were spacious and clean. The whole hotel and grounds were very clean and saw the staff continually cleaning. The swimming pools are awesome.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank mindykelly
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and glad you stayed with us. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.