“OK for passing through.”

Econo Lodge Town Center
Ranked #80 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia, USA
“OK for passing through.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Not at Town Center. Stayed here for 2 days, wedged near the Interstate, about 7 miles from oceanfront. It was a functional and well cleaned room, in a complex populated by guest construction workers and those with Ontario plates. You'll need the car to pick up incidentals, because the area is not pedestrian friendly. The breakfast was spartan, but good. Rates are often a bargain, except on beach-goer weekends. The only complaint was that the desk failed to mention that jackhammers were going to be used for repairs outside a few first floor rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Vick P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Town Center, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your review. Town Center is approx. 3 miles; 4-5 minutes drive depending on traffic. (Little secret for next time; Our property is on the back way to get to Town Center, avoiding traffic and lights). We are directly off the interstate, so it is a busy area for pedestrians. We are still renovating, so I apologize for the jackhammers. I will say the majority of the pounding has stopped. Looking forward to your next visit!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I came to Virginia Beach for my birthday and was surprised to have such great service. The front desk clerk was very nice, the rooms were clean & the distance to and from Virginia beach was great. I will definitely b back! :)

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel. I'm pleased you had such a great experience! My staff is looking forward to having you as our guest in the future! Have a great day!
Amelia Court House, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

This HOTEL is very close and is an easy drive to concerts at the Farm Bureau Live. It is located near 264 and not in a great neighborhood, but our stay was quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room seemed clean but retained a smell from the days when they must have allowed smoking in it. The A/C worked great. This is a no frills place to crash after the concert.

Room Tip: No room is better than the next unless you ask for one that's been remodled...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John M
Vick P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Town Center, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
WE at EconoLodge do appreciate your feedback and will work our best to serve our customers better.
I will work harder in order to get a much better rating and better reviews from our beloved customers.

Thanking you for staying with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

The room was small and dirty. The blankets were covered in hair...couldn't sleep with them. The bathroom looked like it had been remodeled but very poorly. The cleaning crew was amazing though. We asked for towels and it was extremely quick! The area was okay, however it did not seem extremely safe. Overall though it was okay for the price. I would only recommend if it is a last resort. Compared to the cost of others in the area it is much cheaper...you pay what you get for though...

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks a lot for taking some time out from your busy schedule for writing a rewiew for us.
Your feedback does definitely help us in improving the guest satifaction standards and will surely act promptly on them.

Thanks a lot for considering us.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

front desk staff was very polite always went out of their way to make my stay excellent and housekeeping staff was very good to me always had my room clean, the lobby looks very nice now since the remodel. the Patels have work very hard to clean the hotel with all the remodeling looks very nice, front desk clerk tim is very knowledge about hotel business and knows the area very well for directions and very polite.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Vick P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Town Center, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. Yes! The lobby is looking fantastic.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

My stay here was last-minute during a busy holiday weekend. Even though the lobby was under renovations, the night-time desk clerk was polite, patient and professional despite being very busy with many customers. I lucked out and was able to get a room as a walk-in - late at night.

I'm only giving an average rating - as I don't feel I can really give a full review - since I was only going to be sleeping there for a few hours and then checking out in the morning. On a plus note - I was accidentally slightly over-charged and the professional staff made the necessary adjustments!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Vick P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Town Center, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. I am pleased that my staff is complying with CHOICE and our guest expectations.

We look forward to accomodating you on your next visit.

Thanks again and have a great day!
Olmsted Falls
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

All of the renovations seem to be on the lobby instead of cleaning & improving the rooms. The gentleman that worked the evening shift was not very friendly. While the location is convenient, I will likely stay at another hotel next time. I have stayed here twice and have been disappointed both times. I came back because of the GM's reply to other reviews of a renovation but since it is only to the lobby, it does not apply to the poor room quality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I appreciate your time and comments. We were focused on the lobby in hopes of having it done by Memorial Day. We all understand "first impressions" and are diligently trying to complete the renovations as quickly as possible. We have expanded our continental breakfast area with seating. We are actively returning focus back to the rooms, and eagerly listen to all constructive criticism.

Thanks again. They say "3rd times a charm"; looking forward to your next visit!