“Do not stay here!!!!”

Days Inn Virginia Beach Town Center
Ranked #85 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We stayed here on August 15 & 16 and it was a nightmare! After driving 10 hours to get to the hotel we check in and the room smells like cat urine and the refrigerator does not work. The attendant at the front desk tells me the hotel is all booked and they have no other rooms to switch us to and to come back in the morning when the manager will be in. The following morning I was hassled by the new front desk attendant that I did not have a "breakfast coupon" when I tried to get a bowl of cereal. I tried to explain to her that I did not receive one when I checked in the prior evening but this was very difficult due to the language barrier since I could barely understand her attempt at speaking the English language. About an hour later I went back to see about switching to a new room and the gentleman I spoke with the prior night was there. He said he remembered me and apologized that the manager was not scheduled to be in that day but offered to call him. He picked up the phone and called who I’m assuming to be the manager and after he got off the phone he told me he would switch me to a new room (with a working refrigerator) at no charge and would give me 50% off of the prior nights stay. We switched rooms and I thought all would be well for the rest of the trip but then I ran into even more issues when we went to check out on the 17th!
We went to check out and I asked to see the bill with the credit of 50% off of Saturday night’s stay wanting to make sure all loose ends were tied up before I left and that’s when the fight ensued. I was speaking to someone who stated he was the “manager” and told me point blank that “there was no way anyone would have ever promised me 50 % off of a room, and especially on a Saturday! “ He proceeded to argue with me even after I informed him that I would accept no less than what I was promised and that if I was promised 10% off of my Sunday night stay that I would be happy but that was not what I was told I would receive. He proceeded to yell at me after I told him that I myself was a manager and that if I promise something to a customer I have to follow through no matter what. He through the bill at me with 20% off of my Sunday night’s stay and by that point I was so angry and frustrated that I just signed for it and left while telling him I was going to report him to his manager.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2009

We stayed at this Days inn in mid July and came back for another stay in August. It is located right off the Interstate and about 15 minutes to the boardwalk / beach. There are numerous fast food restaurants such as McDonalds, Wendy's, Hardees, Sonic, Taco Bell, Bojangles, Denny's, etc within several miles. There are also numerous restaurants for fine dining nearby. The hotel is close to Walmart, K-Mart, Target, where supplies can be purchased. The room is your typical hotel room. The beds are extremely comfortable and each has 4 pillows. There is a mini fridge / microwave which was standard and did not have to be asked for. There is also a laundry / ice room. Breakfast consists of cereal, oatmeal, muffins, donuts, toast, waffles, fruit, juice, etc. The wi-fi worked adequately each time we were there. The pool is small but is actually big for this size motel. Busch Gardens, Water Country USA and Williamsburg are all less than 1 hour away. Parking at the beach can be found for $1 an hour via meters or $5 at numerous lots. The Sun Dial Motel parking is $3 all day.

2  Thank ae2j1
Reviewed 14 August 2009

I got here the desk clerk when I checked in was very helpful, but after that the staff was basic,stingy and cheap. They advertise to have a micro wave and fridge. but once you get the room you have to say something to them before you get one! then it comes to you dirty, with food stuck to both! i had to leave my drivers liscense at the desk to use the one iron the lend out. I couldn't park in front of my room because of contruction bins right in front of my room given me a "nice" view of huge dumpsters.Then I found someones stained underwear in the dressers, along with other dirty clothes. Then the door kept getting stuck, and trying to get into you're room at 11pm, for thirty minutes, with three kids is ridiculous. And to top it all off they had ROACHES!!!!!! It's just a dressed up nasty motel!!

Reviewed 10 August 2009

This appears to be an older hotel that has been redone. It was clean. The beds in our double room were a bit soft for us. It was quiet and a good price. The breakfast area was large with lots of seating. Staff were polite.

Reviewed 8 August 2009

We had two rooms at the Days Inn and found the rooms to be very nice, recently remodeled. The trip to the beach is about 15 minutes. We parked at a lot at 19th and Pacific. The lot is run by a nearby church and provides all day parking for $5. The walk to the boardwalk and beach is very minimal.

At the hotel the breakfast area is very small and the selections are limited. There is cereal, the mandatory waffle maker, donuts, pastries, juices, and coffee. The fare is pretty much the same as you find in any of the moderately priced motels.

The rooms were clean and the service at the front desk was fine. There is a McDonald's and Wendy's within walking distance and many restaurants nearby.

Reviewed 6 August 2009

We were very pleased with our stay here. What you see online is what you actually get! What you don't see is the freindly staff and excellent amenities. Everything you could possibly want to do is all within a 10 minutes drive! So happy we picked this hotel and would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2009

My Husband, Teenage Son, and I stayed in this motel and was very suprised of how clean. The service was excellent. The rooms were very clean and quiet. I was suprised to learn that all rooms has microfridge/microwave/iron/flat screen tv. The location could not have been better as it was only 11 miles from the beach. We also did several attractions and was very suprised to find out that our motel was close to all attractions. The motel offered a typical breakfast. The service was wonderful ,quick ,and efficient. They also offered free wi-fi service. Hope this helps. Will do again next summer.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family