“Very clean, great bargain, and close to the airport!”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk
Ranked #56 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Bergen County, NJ
“Very clean, great bargain, and close to the airport!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I really enjoyed my one night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. Check in was easy, the room was large and super clean. It looked like everything was new in the room. The room had free coffee so I do not know why others said they did not. The room had a refrigerator, a large flatscreen TV and premium cable channels. I swam in the pool and used their free internet and computer to print out my boarding passes for the next day. The business center provides pens and paper if needed and is within the main lobby area and not tucked away in a dingy office. Again, I was really impressed by the cleanliness of the room. Also, the beds were extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and they placed me on the third floor away from the courtyard. Did not hear...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank carolj265
Jennifer T, General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Carol,
Thank you for your review. We try hard to ensure every guest has a great experience when staying with us. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your time here with us. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Me and my girlfriend arrived at the hotel yesterday the 14..Front desk straff very on point-nice..Our room is very clean-bed made nice an corfortable..walls are thin,can hear others open an shut there door.I thought it was my girlfriend running in an out of our room. Nice gym to workout in the a.m..the only bad thing was the verrrrry over price snacks at this hotel-like really..2 to 3 bucks for chips or candy..a little bag at that, but its a 7-11 in walking distance from the hotel..We live in norfolk we just wanted to get away from home-wish they had free contenital breakfast..The bristo the hotel restaurant is pricey..But hey it is what it is-away from home..Yes :)

• Stayed May 2013
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was a very old property - updated to be a Courtyard. The lobby was attractive but it is difficult to translate a cosmetic update to the guestrooms. Our sliding door was difficult to operate and the bar that is meant to reinforce the lock was inoperable. The WiFi worked occassionally. Guests across the hall from us ran from room to room and shouted in the hallway, using it is as play space for their kids. We did not complain but it was so consistent throughout the weekend that it was clear that hotel employees never walked down the hall.

The staff was friendly but they have a tough job making it seem like more than it is.

Room Tip: If all the patio doors were as poor as ours, I would not accept a ground floor room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Nancy,

Thank you for your review. Our hotel was built in 1986 as a Courtyard hotel so the translation of the original design to the new concept may not have been what you expected. We did have some issues with the sliding doors and the locking mechanisms. Fortunately for us, this was still under warranty & we did have those particular rooms fixed!
I'm sorry to hear that you had to endure noisy neighbors. Noise issues is something that every hotel is unfortunately at risk of experiencing. We do have outside security on staff 7 days a week to address these complaints when they arise. It sounds like we may have dropped the ball during your stay.
I thank you again for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay so that we may have the opportunity to make it right for the next guest.
Northwestern PA
Reviewed 27 April 2013

First of all, the review about the coffee is correct. Marriott discontinued the free coffee (which I personally think was a mistake) and instead forces you to buy the Starbucks from the Bistro if you want coffee. I am not sure what their thinking was on this but it has become a HUGE issue with some folks. I doubt any Marriott folks read these reviews so it is useless to say much about the lack of free coffee. That said. If you can overlook no free coffee - this place exceeded my expectations. SUPER clean. Bed was really, really comfortable and staff very attentive. Close to lots of restaurants and easy access to all highways. We paid $99 a night plus tax so I though a fair rate. I would not hestitate to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lovinlife1245
Jennifer T, General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I did want you to know that we do review guest responses....we have heard about the coffee and have expressed guest concerns to the appropriate above property levels. We do like to remind our guests that we still provide free coffee, it is just located in the guest rooms rather than in the lobby.
Milford, Ohio
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

They remodled this place since the last time I was here and it is all "spiffy" now. However they used to give you complementary coffee and a breakfast buffet, and even free drinks at cocktail hour. NOW you have to pay for it. I do not like this at all.....I would expect to have to pay at the Marriott but NOT the Courtyard. Hey Folks this is not the roaring 80's or early 90's when everyone had an unlimited expense account. Don't know about everyone else but MY Boss scrutenizes my expenses. Back to the Hampton Inn for me where these things are included.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Scot L
Johnson City, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We were there 2 nights and had no issues. Very clean, staff was super nice and cafe was decent. It's very close to the highway which was also nice. The pool wasn't open due to it still being a bit chilly, but gym was open and lounges were comfortable. Wi-fi was a bit spotty in the room at times.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DanaMarie11
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Your time will start at check in with the cheerful smile of the very helpful Stephanie S. We had a meeting room for business which was perfect for us. The sleeping rooms are very nice with a mini fridge and flat screen TV. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013