“Oh What a View”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

A fantastic and extremely friendly place to stay. Right from the front deskman, Randy, you feel happy to be there. Where can you have fun checking in. The room we had was very comfortable and clean. Opening the balcony door was like opening heavens door. The bistro staff we're completely knowledgeable of their offerings, which I must say where above my expectations. I will highly recommend this fine hotel to my family and friends who stay in Va Beach

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Foleys4fun
Samantha S, Front Desk Supervisor at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay! I am glad to hear that the view from your room was so spectacular! Every room in our hotel features an oceanfront balcony, with a picture perfect view from every floor. Our Bistro attendants are all well versed in what items we offer and what their ingredients are. I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time at Courtyard South, please let us know when you're ready for a return trip.

Sam

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Recently my wife and I traveled to Virginia Beach, Virginia because my wife was involved in an art and literary event at the local library. We picked the Marriott Courtyard on the beach because we are Marriott property owners and are familiar and comfortable with the standard of quality we find at the various levels of Marriott offerings. We booked a room on the top floor and felt we were in the center of all the beach activity with a spectacular view.

The service was great. Shakeela Creighton who was working the Starbucks/breakfast counter was dealing with a lot of customers who were unsure of what they wanted and they wanted it now. She handled them all with an unquenchable smile, humor and hustle. She remembered faces and greeted everyone with a hello and a smile for the remainder of their stay whether they approached her counter or not.
The women at the front desk were also competent.

At midnight (we were late check-ins) I realized I had to go to the nearest CVS and get a prescription. The woman at the desk looked up the nearest location and printed out a map for me. I regret I do not know her name.

The valet people were pleasant and helpful without being pushy. The suite was spotless.

People complain about bad service and rarely compliment, and thus encourage, good service. My wife and I, because of our professions, are knowledgeable about the hospitality world and have experience with that world internationally. The staff people and management deserve credit for the operation at Virginia Beach.

Room Tip: Top floor has spectacular view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank worldtraveler339

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback regarding your stay with us! I am so happy to learn that our associates were very helpful. Our team works around the clock to ensure a pleasant stay for all of our guests. I appreciate your gratitude for the work that we do! Our housekeeping and engineering teams keep our property clean and functional, and our Front Desk and Bistro personnel keep our guests smiling! We hope that you will choose Courtyard South in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights for a cheer-leading competition in the beginning of may and had a great experience. The whole staff from the top down made our stay extremely pleasant and fun. Randy the manager needs to be commended for his customer relations skills as he goes over and above and shows a general feeling of trying to connect with the hotel guests. the rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. The lobby area is nice and looks recently redone and includes a small counter service food area with Starbucks products. Outside sitting and eating area is on the boardwalk only a few feet away from the beach. Excellent location and affordable considering the location. Plenty of stores and restaurants within walking distance and even across the street and about a 20 minute walk to the convention center. you also have a good view of the fighter jets flying over during the day. I do not really recall it being an issue at night with sleep as they flew less if at all.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and are facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Samantha S, Front Desk Supervisor at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to relay such positive feedback regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled to the hear that our convenient location on the boardwalk was appealing to your family. The Bistro offers a wide variety of food items to fit every preference. Our property was recently renovated and our diligent associates work hard to maintain a clean and functional environment for our guests. We hope to see you in the future; please let us know when you are ready to visit us again!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently for my birthday celebration and had a wonderful experience! We received great customer service the moment we walked through the door largely due to Rande G. (who has incredible customer relations skills) ,the staff treated us like family even though it was our first stay at this hotel. The rooms are spacious very clean and very nicely decorated. we will definitely be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am happy to hear that you and your husband were able to enjoy your birthday weekend with us here at the oceanfront! Rande has a knack for making each and every guest feel comfortable and just like family. You may contact us at (757) 491-6222 when you are ready to make another reservation us. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to leave us such wonderful feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Randell Gaines,manager of this hotel, is amazing! Sunday morning,sitting in the lobby,waiting for my family, I witnessed the best customer service and a man who really takes his job seriously! He greeted everyone who came in with "good morning"," happy Mother's Day , and other pleasantries. When I returned home, I realized that I had left my phone charger plugged in in our room and my jacket on the bed. When I called Monday , I recognized that pleasant voice ! He took my number and called back within 30 minutes . He made arrangements to send it back to me which I received promptly! It is rare these days to find anyone with work ethic, he went the extra mile. The hotel stay was such a pleasant experience, we will return soon!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
2  Thank Mkstainback

Thank you so much for the fantastic review of your recent stay with us here in Virginia beach! I am pleased to learn that Rande was able to make your stay extra special, he is a wonderful asset to our property. Please let us know if you are planning a return trip in the future, we would love to host you again!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have been telling everyone how wonderful my daughter & I were treated this weekend at the 25th Street Courtyard. We were greeted by Jonathan on Friday night and he was friendly and cheerful. Then, on Saturday morning after not getting much sleep, Randi made sure to find us a new room and the housekeeping dept even moved all our stuff for us. I have never had service like that before. Erin was also extremely friendly and helpful with getting us moved. When we checked out, we even got hugs from Randi. I have been to this hotel before and have always been very impressed! The lady that works the restaurant has been there for years and remembered by daughter from our last stay. Just a super friendly hotel that you can't find anywhere else! Love that they have a Starbucks downstairs too!!

Room Tip: Higher level rooms are better.
1  Thank LRNMOM
jonathan s, Front desk at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you so much LRNMOM for your kind words! At Courtyard Marriott South, we pride ourselves in having some of the friendliest staff so as to make your time away from home, feel like home. We thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and family and we hope that we will able to have you stay with us again next time that you come to Virginia Beach.

Jonathan- Front Desk Agent

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have to say by far this is the best customer service I have ever received, hands down, in a while. My family and I were treated so well in this hotel. It was clean and all the staff was attentive and courteous. From check-in to check out I felt welcomed. Jonathan, Erin, and Cristal (which I gave her a flower) were the epitome of service, I thank you, and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to my friends and family! I am a Marriott rewards member and I appreciate you guys! THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: President Suite spacious and clean.
1  Thank FraStew
Robert D, Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Good Afternoon FraStew,

Thank you for the kind words. We always strive to provide our guest with a great experience, I am glad we were able to provide this for you. We also appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Rewards program. Your KUDOS will be shared with our team!

Yours in Hospitality,