Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$255
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Econo Lodge on the Ocean(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$134
EconoLodge
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$182
US$244
US$163
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$261
US$252
GardenInn.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$161
ComfortInn
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$234
  • Pool
Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$205
All reviewspresidential suitecourtyard by marriottfront deskcorner suitebreakfast buffetvirginia beach oceanfronttop floorindoor pooloceanfront viewacross the streetoff seasonhousekeeping staffmini fridgerandybalconyboardwalksunrise
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Just like all the reviews on here this staff has the best customer service I have ever seen and I work in customer service as well.

Front desk checking in was easy and uplifting, valet was very helpful with unloading and loading car, breakfast area employees were very chipper and happy especially for the morning because I am definitely not a morning person and I commend them for keeping a genuine smile on their faces!
Housekeeping and just the staff walking around the hotel were so nice and happy! I love it!

Across the board...amazing job marriott!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Colleen C
ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Hi Colleen, thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel team members! I’m happy to hear the front desk staff, valet staff, restaurant staff, and housekeeping staff made your stay enjoyable! We hope to see you back at our hotel again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent hotel for beachgoers & Getaways. The staff is subperb & could not be more professional.
The rooms are quiet, and comfortable.
The food is moderately priced, & the hotel has a morning breakfast buffet, whic is rare since the Courtyards did away with the morning buffet and went to the "Bistro" concept.
All in all an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are facing the Oceanfront & are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thanks for the nice review of our hotel and the comments regarding our staff service! I was very happy to read your review and I’ll make sure to pass your comments on to our team.

And yes, our hotel still does feature a morning breakfast buffet! When we moved to the Bistro back in 2012, we kept the buffet also, because it was such a popular amenity at our hotel. We’re happy to offer our guests the best of both worlds – either a delicious cup of Starbucks coffee and a cooked to order breakfast at the Bistro, or a trip through our breakfast buffet featuring a rotating menu and many great selections.

New this year is Starbucks Frappuccinos! We added these items earlier this year, and they’ve been a huge hit with guests!

Thanks again for leaving feedback on our hotel, and we hope to see you on a future trip to our area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife came here the weekend of the 4th of July to celebrate our wedding anniversary and a babymoon before the birth of our daughter and I must say we were very amazed. When we walked in the door the recognized us right away and made us feel very welcome. The staff is amazing. I've never been to a hotel where it seemed like everyone enjoyed their job and was always smiling. They are super friendly and very helpful. We also had our 1.5 year old son with us and they made him feel special from the start. I can't remember the one guys name at the front desk but when he saw our son had on superman he was in love with him. I think he was a huge superman fan lol. My son thought he was funny and just kept smiling at him. We were pleasantly surprised that they actually upgraded our room for us and the extra space was greatly appreciated especially with a very active toddler. He loved running up and down the hallway and from room to Tom area. Trust me he kept us busy chasing after him but he had a blast and that made us happy. Most Beach Resorts are dirty and worn out looking but this place is really well maintained and updated. The rooms are super clean and the beds were comfy. The view from the balcony is spectacular. We loved watching the beach fireworks from there because it has the prime view of the show. We didn't have one negative thing to say about this place. We will definitely make this our new Beach hotel as we go to the beach at least twice a year. I'm not sure why this hotel isn't the number 1 rated hotel in VA Beach cause it has to be hard for any other hotel to be able to duplicate the service and commitment they give here. This place gets the highest of high ratings in my eyes. Me and wife left very very impressed with this place. Keep up the good work and we will most definitely be back really soon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmack24
ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Wow! Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

Our Front Desk Supervisor, Rande, is a huge Superman fan, so I’m sure that’s who your son encountered when you were checking in. He always makes sure we recognize our younger guests, as we know the first part of a successful and fun family vacation is making sure the kids have a great time!

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and we look forward to seeing you on a future trip to our area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the moment of our arrival to the morning of our departure, the hotel staff was phenomenal !
Christal, Rande, Jonathan and Sam, the front desk staff, made us feel extremely welcome, and
were all so friendly. The following day, Erin and Gregory greeted us as we made our way to the
amazing breakfast buffet. Tyler went out of his way to assist us, both with our luggage, and with
parking our car. He was so pleasant and helpful ! Sharika took amazing care of our hotel
room. She was both friendly and professional. Amanda, from the Bistro, was very helpful and
friendly as well. While in the elevator and in the hotel lobby, we would run into Ray and Johnny.
They were always busy making sure that everything in the hotel was operating smoothly. In
addition, we were extremely pleased with the hotel amenities, as well as with our absolutely
gorgeous ocean-front view!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen519

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel, and for recognizing the staff members who made your stay so enjoyable. I’m happy to hear you came in contact with so many great members of our team. As the summertime is our busiest time of the year, we all try extra hard to make sure our summertime guests have great stays at our hotel, and I’m thrilled to hear you were happy with your stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent service and very clean! Super friendly staff and great amenities. I have a bike and they supported/recommended I keep it in my room and the valet even helped me load it in my car! The breakfast buffett is the perfect size and setting. Very friendly staff!

Room Tip: I have a bike and they supported/recommended I keep it in my room and the valet even helped me load it in my car!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Kristie D,

Thanks for the nice review of our hotel and our staff! I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We’re happy to allow our guests to store their bicycles in their guest rooms – it’s the most secure place you can leave an item such as that, and our staff is happy to assist if you need a hand getting it into or out of the hotel. Or into or out of your car ;-)