“Hotel for Dogs!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I booked this hotel through a blind review which failed to mention it was pet friendly. I love dogs but I don't wish to stay in hotels that allow them due to allergies. Since it was only for one night I made the best of it. I did hear dogs barking and howling later in the evening but I think it was because they were left alone. There was also alot of dog poop in the parking lot and we passed several dogs entering and exiting the hotel. The room was dirty and dusty! I had to request to have the bed linens changed due to excessive hairs on the sheets. When I travel I always bring my own cleaning supplies and thankfully I did. The bathroom toilet was quite disgusting after lifting the seat so I basically had to reclean the entire bathroom. I could not wait to check out because I felt itchy the entire night. Although, the stay was not suitable for me I can say 3 positive things. The location was great you are only a few blocks from the beach. The breakfast selection was nice and I never understood why hotels will only have 2 waffle makers but in this case they had 4. The hotel is a bit dated but the staff was really nice when I requested to have the linens changed. If I had to grade the hotel I would give it a C for effort. If you want to be close to the beach for less than the oceanfront hotels this location may fit your needs.

Room Tip: Bring some cleaning supplies or be prepared to purchase some.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TG-NC-CHIC007

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This place was wonderful. The room was large and clean. The location was perfect. Just a shirt walk across the road to the beach. You have to rent bikes and ride on the boardwalk. The breakfast was ok. They had chocolate waffles. However the fresh fruit was an Apple. Overall enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank CISVH
A La Quinta traveler
Mason, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 8 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Stayed here 4th of July week for 2 days. First all this is a pet friendly hotel so I don't understand how people can give bad reviews and complain about this. Initially our room was on the 6th floor but it smelled like smoke so I requested a new room and was quickly given one on the 3rd floor. Room was nice and updated. Bed was comfortable, and tv and stations were good. Bathroom was a little small but I don't spend too much time in there so I didn't care. Hotel has a small indoor and outdoor pool which was fine. The breakfast and options was less than desirable but was free so I didn't care. Location is about a 5 min walk to the beach which was great. The staff that I encountered we're all friendly and helpful. Price was reasonable for the area but what really is great, is the fact they allow pets which was the main reason I stayed here. I don't think I would stay here if I didn't have pets just for the shear fact that pet hair is going to be in the rooms no matter how well they clean the rooms. I give the hotel 3 out of 5 stars and would stay here again if I was in VA beach and had my dogs.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank baltscottie
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The hotel was a very nice place; especially given the rate and proximity to the beach, which was about a 1 minute walk. The staff was friendly and helpful and despite some other reviews posted, our guests had no issues with parking. I didn’t bring the dog along for this trip but I appreciate the fact that they are very accommodating of pets. My only actual complaint is the free Wi-Fi was essentially worthless. However, being on vacation I had little need to browse the internet. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and if I return to Virginia Beach, I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank laurachristine
Reviewed 2 July 2012

A decent hotel, fair value, can walk to the beach.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family