So my husband and I came for a quick 2 day getaway over 4th of July. We chose this hotel as a result of a bid on Priceline.
The location is nice...right off the freeway. There is a 7-Eleven, Shoney's and Waffle House right across the street.
The property is beautiful! Really BEAUTIFUL! The hotel staff is very nice. The outdoor pool area is also great.
I did try the indoor pool, but the water was extremely cloudy, so I didn't get in. I decided to try the jacuzzi, but the jets didn't work. The jacuzzi is also extremely small. The sign says max limit 3, but I would say it fits 1 comfortably.
The gym area was perfect to keep up on my workouts. Lots of machines and weight equipment. Free towel service and locker rooms in there too.
Now, the reason why I gave this place 3 stars is because of the rooms. We had a room with 1 Queen size bed. I would definitely recommend getting a King for more comfort. Also the beds were way too soft..like sinking into the middle soft. If that's not your thing, beware. Next the air conditioner is NOISY! I woke up, every time it turned on through the night. I did not sleep well at all here at this hotel.
Next, the windows are small, so our room was very dim. While in the hallway, you can hear exactly what is going on in the various rooms. With that said, while in your room you can easily hear people in the hallways. We went to use the 2 extra pillows in the closet and decided against it as it was clear they had been used before as the pillowcases were still dirty. Throughout the room there are areas where some touch up is needed either on the walls or fixing the tile or the marks in and around the tub,
So would I book a room here again....probably not. I did like a lot of things about the hotel, but if I can't sleep, nothing else really matters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The timeless Founders Inn and Spa is a Virginia Beach resort that pampers guests with the comforts of home, concierge attention and hi-tech conveniences. Select guest rooms with fireplaces and views of the serene lake and lovely Colonial garden are especially unforgettable. The Founders Inn and Spa features a wealth of excellent amenities and guest services including comfortable rooms and suite accommodations, in-house restaurants, a spa and fitness center, a shuttle service, pet-friendly rooms, complimentary wi-fi, a business center, special event spaces and meeting venues, to name a few. Whether it is a business stay, a family vacation, or a life event, we are looking forward to a chance to serve you at The Founders Inn and Spa near Norfolk, Virgnia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Founders Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Founders Hotel Virginia Beach
- Founders Hotel Virginia Beach