We booked 4 days from a online booking site. We received email confirmations showing all dates were correct. On the day we were to arrive our flight was delayed. I call hotel before our flight took off to tell them that we are coming but won't arrive till 11:30. She took our name and I also asked for a quiet room if possible. Well we get there only to be told that they were completely sold out and the dates they show in their system was not for a week later. The front desk lady said she can put us in a different hotel for the night. After arguing finally another lady came out and was able to give us a room that was reserved for someone else that had not yet arrived (Guilt guilt!). Supposedly the woman i spoke with on the phone was just a operator. I was ticked. So my advice if you book online is to call the hotel and make sure they confirm that your reservations are actually for the date that you booked. Take names on who you spoke with.
Overall the room was nice but bathroom and carpet needed updating. Room was located right next to stairwell and you can hear doors opening, talking and clunking up and down stairs. The gym and the grounds are beautiful. The front doorman is awesome. Cute older guy that was very helpful. Was about 20 from NAS Oceana. The same to Virginia Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The timeless Founders Inn and Spa is a Virginia Beach resort that pampers guests with the comforts of home, concierge attention and hi-tech conveniences. Select guest rooms with fireplaces and views of the serene lake and lovely Colonial garden are especially unforgettable. The Founders Inn and Spa features a wealth of excellent amenities and guest services including comfortable rooms and suite accommodations, in-house restaurants, a spa and fitness center, a shuttle service, pet-friendly rooms, complimentary wi-fi, a business center, special event spaces and meeting venues, to name a few. Whether it is a business stay, a family vacation, or a life event, we are looking forward to a chance to serve you at The Founders Inn and Spa near Norfolk, Virgnia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Founders Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Founders Hotel Virginia Beach
- Founders Hotel Virginia Beach