As a fellow hospitality collegue (restaurant business) I know about people's opinions when it comes to writing reviews and the expectations they have set as they enter your fantastic hotel. These days we have been taught to scream loud enough so you can get something for free doesn't matter that you hurt the employees or the business as long as you get what you want and since we are in the hospitality business we work harder to exceed everyone's expectations. I wanted you to know the following about my experience at The Founders Inn and Spa: I received an upgrade to a fireplace room because Stephanie asked me if I would like one it was a small price to pay to impress my wife who didn't have time to take a vacation but I made her anyway (thank you). The room was large, decor was colonial (different but comfortable), large screen TV (Go Yankees) and a King size bed. My wife noticed the Spa brochure right away (located next to the phone - smart) as I knew she would make appointments I started planning my golf escape. Plans were set and we went our separate ways both on our own adventure. My wife LOVED your Spa and trust me she is an expert - thank you for bringing back her smile. I picked her up and as we walked through the gardens back to our room we were amazed at how peaceful and romantic your surroundings are, and your employees make direct eye contact and always ask how you are? As we entered our room I was pleasantly surprised the TV was playing music, our nightstand lights were on, our bed was turned down with chocolate and there was a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries. At this moment you are thinking I did this. . .not me but our room attendant I had spoken to her as I was leaving for my tee time and told her it was our Anniversary so if she could service our room after 2pm I would be grateful. She asked me how many years we have been married and if there was anything extra that she could do to make this more memorable? I remember saying we are just thankful to be spending time together and that the next fifteen years would be where we make our memories and off I went. As my wife giggled at the champgane and starwberries she read the note that was left with it, to her surprise it said "May the next 15 years bring you more happiness and love" Sincerely, the Housekeeping Department. I truly regret not looking at the nametag of the woman who I chatted with but know that I will never forget how special you made us feel and I will find a way to thank you words are just not enough. We spent two days and one night at The Founders Inn and I will tell everyone that I know to embark on the adventure that awaits them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The timeless Founders Inn and Spa is a Virginia Beach resort that pampers guests with the comforts of home, concierge attention and hi-tech conveniences. Select guest rooms with fireplaces and views of the serene lake and lovely Colonial garden are especially unforgettable. The Founders Inn and Spa features a wealth of excellent amenities and guest services including comfortable rooms and suite accommodations, in-house restaurants, a spa and fitness center, a shuttle service, pet-friendly rooms, complimentary wi-fi, a business center, special event spaces and meeting venues, to name a few. Whether it is a business stay, a family vacation, or a life event, we are looking forward to a chance to serve you at The Founders Inn and Spa near Norfolk, Virgnia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Founders Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Founders Hotel Virginia Beach
- Founders Hotel Virginia Beach