“A-104”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Sanctuary Realty at False Cape
Reviewed 10 August 2014

When reading the reviews, please bear in mind that condos are individually owned. Thus, a negative review about a particular condo doesn't make them all bad.

We stayed in unit A-104. Our oceanfront 3 bed/3 bath condo was newly redecorated and just beautiful. (Seriously, even the small details like the grommets on the drapery were lovely.)The owner thoughtfully provided every possible kitchen item we could need, as well as many books for both adults and children, games, toys, a Wii, Netflix, and many DVDs. The storage unit on the ground floor supplied a kayak, life vests, beach chairs, beach toys. I was grateful to not have to bring my own, and it was nice to not have to haul it all upstairs and get sand everywhere. The unit was spotless on arrival. There is an extra fee if you want the beds made (for us it was somewhere around $25), which was very worth it for us.

The resort itself is kept very clean. We only visited the pool in Building A. It's a great pool for kids, with plenty of lounge chairs surrounding. There are some very nice covered areas if you want to escape the sun, and the resort also provides the use of built-in Viking grills. Two parking spaces were provided for us. The location was great and the beach was clean. I'm a little embarrassed that I cannot comment on the surrounding area as we loved the resort so much that we didn't leave except to occasionally go out for dinner. My kids had a fantastic time swimming in both the pool and the ocean, as well as chilling in the condo when it rained to play on the Wii and read. We very much look forward to visiting again. The resort staff were all very polite, and the unit's owner was just fabulous as well.

Thanks so much!

Room Tip: I can't comment on other condos, but unit A-104 was stellar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Christina D

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We rented unit A-422. The condo was absolutely perfect for our 4 adults and 3 kids group. The beach is also beautiful. I used the exercise room and the kids used the game room. The only thing negative I have to say is that there is nothing walking distance and that most shopping/dining/coffee is no closer than 20 minutes drive. I knew this but I guess I didn't think I would miss it so much... We'd still go back anytime.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelm0m35
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I absolutely love this place whenever I visit. This was my second time visiting and we decided to chose a different condo for our week stay with family. What a great decision. We stayed in room 108: Grace Abounds( I think that is the name of it) in the A Building. Though the overall resort could use a little maintenance work, the rental was outstanding. We had an oceanfront view with a wrap around balcony. What can I say, it was terrific. We had 4 bedrooms, all of which had a bathroom in it (except for one, which had one 3 feet from it across the hallway) The accommodations were spectacular. The condo came with many games, books, and movies. The condo's library had more books than the shared library down the hall. The storage unit was a little of a hassle, but came with various beach supplies such as crab nets, boogie boards, a kayak, bikes, life jackets, a shade structure, chairs, etc. This helped extremely because we didn't need to bring all the stuff back to our room, we just put it all in the storage unit.
The location of the resort is very nice. There is a nice restaurant across the street, and has many family activities in their outdoor courtyard overlooking the Back Bay. The complex is also walking distance to Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge, which was very cool and looked very much like the African Grasslands. It is biking distance to the False Cape State Park, which (I think) is the best state park in Virginia because of how isolated it is. Very much wildlife. The one hassle I found was getting to and from downtown VA beach to Sandbridge. It takes about 30 min, even though they are in the same town. Though that is good and bad, considering it is isolated to the point where not as many people know about it as the oceanfront area of Virginia Beach.
Anyways, very nice area, and condo. I am looking forward to staying here again soon!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money to get oceanfront, you won't regret it. The A Building is much quieter tha...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Condo was filthy....full of bugs and cob webs. I had to vacuum. Not a single baking dish in the unit. The mattresses are very worn. Had wet carpet in the master bedroom. Furnishings are worn. Front door lock would not catch. Again had to call maintenance. I should not have to my vacation awaiting phone calls from maintenance. Pool closed for two days because somebody defacated in the pool. Spent much less money for better quality condos in past. Beach is nice. Would be nice to have ice machines on property.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank tracey p
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is our 3rd trip to Sanctuary for our summer beach vacation. This unit is well worn but comfortable. It could use some new furniture, especially dining chairs. Beds are comfortable, nice TV's, bathrooms worn but nice enough. Of the last 3 units, this kitchen was not as well equipped. We stay in the entire week, cook all meals in the unit or use the grills provided by the pools, so we missed some of the standard items - blender, good kitchen utensils, decent knives, enough place settings to serve 8. Overall just a few minor complaints, and we enjoyed our week as we always do. Saw lots of dolphins each day from our oceanfront balcony. Kids enjoyed the pools and of course spent most of each day at the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KatherineA1
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Sanctuary at False Cape. This was our 3rd time staying there, each time we tried a different condo. We were extremely disappointed with A-203 Serenity Now. When we checked in the place hadn't been used for months so the water came out of the pipes dark brown, the walls were all scuffed up, the hot water heater only provided hot water for 1 person. The porch furniture was scary it had so much rust on it, the windows hadn't been cleaned in several months. The mattress pads for all the beds were worn out and different fit. The silverware appeared to come from the dollar store. The Condo advertise's bikes but they were old, rusted and had flat tires. The Manager rented us 1 bike to replace 1 of the bikes thinking the other could have its tires inflated but it had so many holes it was useless. I wrote a letter complaining to Sanctuary Realty complaining and asking for a partial refund, and I have yet to get a response. I was told that the owner was aware of the broken hot water heater but had chose not to fix it. This place should not have been rented out in the condition it was and we are very disappointed in the way that Sanctuary Realty handled this. We had 2 good condo's but at this point will not rent again.

Room Tip: Don't rent this one and check reviews, I wish I had.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Brenda K
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The resort is well designed but has terrible deferred maintenance in that the exterior should have been painted a few years ago. Balcony rails have peeling paint and rust dripping down the balconies is very noticeable. Pool closes too early at 8pm, should be 9 at least. Overall it's a good value to rent but judging by the appearance outside now, the resort is going downhill quickly.

• Stayed: May 2014