“dirty pool”

Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Hotel is about 20 minutes from the boardwalk. Room and bathroom was clean. Attendant was on her break when we came to check in which is fine - every employee need a break time. Didn't use the pool which looks dirty looking from the window in the hallway.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We arrived and no one was at the desk, others had been waiting 15 minutes. Finally someone called the home office. Clerk showed up after 30 minutes. This was a Friday night the weekend before the 4th. Air conditioning was not working well and of course no one to fix it. Very small breakfast area, not close to the beach. We were very disappointed and will probably not stay at Country Inns again. Power failed during the night but came on again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Rooms were okay, but carpet was strained and sheets in pull-out bed were covered in what looked like brownie crumbs. Breakfast was not restocked and selection was limited. Pool was small and hot tub was out of order. Hotel was not worth the price of the stay.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

By far one of the best in customer service oriented hotels on VA Beach! From Tommy (Front Desk) to Orlando (Maintenance) and Jason (Houseman) - all could not have been more accommodating, genuinely friendly and helpful - they are prime examples of staff members the hospitality can be proud of, and we as a family traveling were very appreciative. Went to VA Beach for Patriotic Festival weekend and even with the crowds of people, we were very satisfied with our hotel selection. Clean and comfortable rooms and public areas. Garage a little tight for large vehicles but do-able. Great location and the oceanfront view from our 5th floor room was superior to watch the military airshow directly in front of this property. (Literally front row seats) On-site restaurant was very good with nice selections, not too overpriced for a resort location and staff very accommodating. VA Beach is getting a little "overpriced for their britches", but there are deals that are available through some of the travel sites and Country Inn & Suites seems to welcome you no matter what your deal is. Would definitely stay here again and will recommend. Kudos again to the staff! Thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront, however the best views are those 3 & up. Active location for the beac...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I knew I was doomed when we checked in at 10:30 PM and there were kids running up and down the hallways and people yelling out their doors. Apparently they overbooked themselves and the lone concierge had to be the bearer of the bad news. We were told we could try a hotel that was several more miles away. After driving from Buffalo, NY, with a stop to see family in the DC area, the last thing we wanted to do was drive to look for a hotel with vacancy...I mean...that's why people make reservations....To be fair, my mother booked this room for us and I don't know if she used a third party site (which I know theres a disclaimer, but how can you accept more reservations than you have rooms?). They ended up bumping other guests who hadn't checked in yet (meaning this poor kid had to give someone else bad news, my heart just goes out to him) and we were given a room on the top (3rd) floor. Everytime the AC kicked on, everyone stirred, and the blinking smoke detector was directly above the bed. The hot berakfast was mediocre. We ddin't have time to try to use the pool and very small gym that was available. I won't stay here again the next time we head down this way.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I usually look for a Country Inn and Suites when I am traveling, because I always have a pleasant experience. This one, I would not stay in again. The walls are paper thin and when the phone rang in the next room, I thought that it was my room, so I asked to be moved. I went to the next room, but it was even worse -- I could hear the TV from next door, so I moved back. The staff is more interested in their needs, for several reasons, one is that two of them had parked their cars side by side at the entrance blocking guests from using the entrance for several hours. It had rained heavily that day, but by the time we got there it has stopped, but the cars remained in place until the staff members got off their shift. I guess that they wanted to make sure that they didn't get wet, nevermind about their guests who have to load and unload luggage into the hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This was a great location in that the hotel was right on the beach. The staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was good and the room, as well as the hotel itself, was very clean. I would definitely stay here again when I visit Virginia Beach. The beds were exceptional in providing a good night's rest.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites
#40 of 109 in Virginia Beach
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norfolk Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beach / Norfolk Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beac...
#58 of 109 in Virginia Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport

Been to Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake? Share your experiences!