Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$255
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$163
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$182
US$246
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$145
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$161
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$205
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$234
  • Pool
US$261
US$252
GardenInn.com
US$160
Hotelpower.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This place was very clean and the staff was very friendly. They helped my family with directions to restaurants and Ocean Breeze instead of showing me a rack of local attractions. My room was very clean and tidy and the service was excellent for the rate we paid. They also have a great breakfast. My family would stay here again.

Room Tip: Its a very quiet hotel so every room is great! My family had a room near elevators but we couldnt hear anything.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The hotel is one of the better ones we saw looking on a travelers website.We booked it hoping for the best.The young man at the desk was pleasant and made sure all are needs were met.Upon arriving I went to take a shower and was greeted by somebody elses used soap and shampoo..ugh.After not touching any of my personal products or feet on anything I called the front desk and he immediately sent house keeping(this was late afternoon).The view and most of the staff makes up for the outdated decor and slightly moldy smell.However I had a really rude desk attendant that gave me serious attitude when i asked her to pls send housekeeping..she informed me:you know there aren't available all day"?I responded I know and will the leave the room in 20 mins.She then said " fine what room number are you in?I said I'm not sure..I didnt book the room and wasnt paying attention with my friend glued to me coming in and out.She then said.."how you dont know your room number..cant you just walk outside and go look"?I thought that was odd..since they should see on the switchboard where I'm calling from.Being forced from her rudeness I said I think its 315..and thank you.A minute later she rudely calls me back and in a nasty tone tells me its 415.I was like ok "god bless you"hoping sum jesus might calm her nasty attitude.I think her name was amanda or Allison..anyway stay away from that one.Two stars away for her..she really disgusted my experience here for the rest of the day.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stella M
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed here in February. Nice oceanview room. Had a Suite with a Hide-A-Bed. Opened it to find dirty sheets. The bathroom also lacked cleanliness. There was a maid's rag left hanging on the show rod when we first got there. Sticky counter top around the microwave and somewhat in the bathroom. The rooms have seen better days.

Breakfast was good until overhearing the discussion the food staff was having regarding a B&E in their home and someone with a gun... we're from Canada, not used to that kind of table talk!

Staff was helpful. One thing we didn't realize is how few shops and restaurants are open in the off season - this hotel's restaurant is seasonal. Next time I would stay at a hotel with a year round restaurant.

Room Tip: Oceanside was kinda nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in February during our move. The front desk clerk/night auditor was so friendly and helpful. What a bright smile and it was exactly what I needed after a tough day of moving and car trouble. Our room was quiet and clean. Bed was two doubles and while we would have preferred a king, that's what you get by using Priceline and check in late at night.
Breakfast both days was ample and tasty. No, it was not home made but it was hot and plentiful and of course complimentary. :)
Yes, the parking garage is weird and a little scary because of the low ceiling and weird twists and turns, but there was plenty of parking, it was well lit, and it was free.
Would definitely stay here again if we come to the area again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This was a very good hotel in general, located literally on Virginia Beach. There is free car parking at the hotel, with access doors from each level to all floors... this is ideal for parking the car on the level you want without having to wait for lifts to your room floor. The decor throughout the hotel is quite nice, with generally good presentation throughout.

The room key is the keycard type, so quite secure, and in the room a microwave and fridge was provided. The bed is nice and a large TV provided. The view from the room to the beach is excellent, with full size window sliding doors and a good balcony size. The balcony chairs looked a bit cheap and dated, but the room furniture was more than adequate.

The free wifi was fairly fast and connection issues were not a problem. Sadly during one of the days bad weather knocked out the TV signal... this was very disappointing considering that the rain was moderate at least, I would've expected the signal to withstand a minor downpour. The bathroom was in general very good but the base of the bath had seen better days. It wasn't dirty but rather bery worn, it put me off having a bath and instead settled for showers.

Amenities include eateries, souvenir shops and grocery/pharmacy stores. The complimentary breakfast includes self-service breakfast in which you can eat as much as you like. The choice is limited but is reasonably buffet so it should cater for most.

Overall I wouldn't dissuade anybody from staying here, but personally I may see where the grass is greener elsewhere if I stop by VA beach again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo