“Awesome location, close to everything!”
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

19 Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #71 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My fiance and I stayed here from June 17th to June 19th. We came down for a mini vacation for the weekend.
The Hotel:
The hotel was very easy to get to. The staff at the front desk were super nice and since we got there around 11 am, we were even able to check in early! Beware the hallways are a bit like a maze and are narrow in some areas, but once you get a hang of it your good to go. We got a room with a window ( they have rooms with no widows), it was small but was good for us since all we were using it for was a place to sleep and get out of heat from time to time. I loved the fact that the room had a microwave and mini fridge, which came in handy holding waters and what not. The room was clean for the most part, what I didn't realize until later when i wanted to take a shower that the towels were soaking wet. Either they were used and never removed or never fully dried in the drier. Either way the front desk came up with four new clean towels. The beds were super comfy. The room was always cool.
I'd say the best thing was the roof top deck, you could go out there and relax on a cool evening and even the location were there was always entertainment. The hotel has easy access to the beach and if you forget something there are a ton of stores where you can at least find something. Make sure to grab a travel guide some give you coupons for things to do around the area. We would defiantly go back there!

Room Tip: opt for a room with windows
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Thank you for reviewing the 19 Atlantic Hotel. I am pleased to hear you choose our hotel for your weekend getaway and that your experience was positive. It’s great that we were able to get you checked in early. I’m sorry to hear that your towels were wet when you wanted to use them. Our staff is very prompt with guest requests and has excellent customer service.

Again thank you for your review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

Really friendly staff, the room was clean. Very small, so prepare for that. It felt like staying in a New York hotel. The location can't be beat, right across from the beach. We were very happy we stayed her, knowing that most of the folks around us paid $50 or $60 more for the hotels in the same area. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank josh l
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Thank you for reviewing the 19 Atlantic Hotel. I am pleased to hear you were satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We are in a great location being across the street from the beach and in the middle of beach street USA. I certainly take in consideration these difficult economic times when establishing our rates to offer affordable rates for everyone. Although we have the same amenities our rates are still lower than many other hotels.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the 19 Atlantic in May 2010 for a four-day trip to Virginia Beach. I originally chose the hotel because the reviews seemed great and the price was right for us -- and I wasn't disappointed!

To be honest, I loved pretty much everything about the hotel. It's unique, in a great location, the rooftop deck is wonderful, the rooms are EXTREMELY clean and the decor is very fresh and relaxing. We requested a queen room with a window and ended up staying in a corner room near the back of the hotel and we had windows in our room and our bathroom. Based on reviewer photos, I would say that the corner rooms are much more spacious than the regular ones, so when you call and book, see if they have any available (I will try to find my pictures and post them on here later).

The only downsides to the hotel are that the parking lot is small (yet we never had trouble finding a place to park), the showers are tiny (it was a bit awkward trying to shave my legs), and if you're looking for a pool or free breakfeast, this place has neither. However, for the quality of rooms and service, if you want to swim you can just walk across the street to the ocean and there are plenty of great, affordable restaurants to pick from for your meals. Overall, this place was a great hidden gem and I will definitely be staying here during future trips to Virginia Beach!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and have decided to make the 19 Atlantic Hotel your place of destination for your next trips to Virginia beach. I am very proud of the quality of cleanliness and customer service my staff puts into making this hotel enjoyable for all of our guests.

As per our parking, our secondary lot is more spacious and is able to accommodate larger vehicles. As of now, we do not offer complimentary breakfast, but it will be something we are looking into for the future.

Again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at 19 Atlantic April 17-20, 2011 and were so happy with our stay! The room was small but clean and had exactly what we needed (microwave, fridge, TV, comfy bed). The hotel's staff were friendly and helpful. The parking lot was easy to access and find a spot. The prices were reasonable and low despite coming during the area's April vacation. It seemed like the hotel was right in the middle of everything but the noise at night was minimal. If you want to use the internet, you just have to get a USB cord from the front desk (free).
Can't say enough about this hotel, we loved it! Also, the sun deck was wonderful, empty for most of the time, nice view of the ocean, even with the huge hotels across the street! The hotel and the room had a nice quirky, old-time feel to it, whenever we get back to Va Beach, we'll definitely be staying at the 19 Atlantic!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2011

We appreciate your review of our hotel. It is rewarding to all our staff members that our guests have a positive stay. We feel we have a prime location being in the middle of beach street USA and just across the street to the beach. As mentioned, all our rooms come equipped with a mini refrigerator/micro wave and free internet access with a complimentary Ethernet cable. I do hope your travel plans brings you back to the 19 Atlantic Hotel.

Reviewed 21 April 2011

We stayed at 19 Atlantic Hotel April 14th - 16th and had a great stay. The hotel and room were really clean and the staff was very helpful. Natalie helped us out with dinner suggestions as well let us "room shop"..we wanted to upgrade so she let us pick our room:) Also, Santiage, the general manager was very helpful on our departure as well as...(sorry, I forgot your name, you work on Saturday's ) was also very helpful. As they both gave us directions, printed out maps and gave us a VA map! The coffee is very fresh and the parking is really easy and comes with the stay. the weather was not that great for our stay but, when we make it to VA Beach again, we will be staying at 19 Atlantic Hotel!

Room Tip: the room 421
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnayuma

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear you were given the option to choose your room for your upgrade. We strive in providing all our guests outstanding customer service and information needed to make their stay comfortable and accommodating. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed 20 April 2011

I actually will not be staying at the 19 Atlantic Hotel until June 24, 2011, but I wanted to take the time to provide this pre-trip review because of the OUTSTANDING service provided by Santiago Monzon, General Manager.

I have been searching for weeks trying to find a decent rate at a beach front property in VA Beach. My son, husband and MIL went last year and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Oceanfront and my son fell in love with VA Beach. So this year the whole family is going right after school lets out. Well June is much more expensive than April when they went during break last year. So Country Inn & Suites was out at well over $200 a night; even though they loved it there. After reading reviews on Tripadvisor, noting the location and talking with a friend who also happened to mention Santiago by name, I decided to make reservation here. I was nervous because everyone noted how small the room were and I have a family of 4 with a tween girl and 5 year old son. I attempted to call their toll free line 3 times and it just rang and rang, no answers. Well now I was really nervous about this "boutique" hotel. I've been unpleasantly suprised before by such establishments, most notably in New Orleans another of our favorite vacation areas.

Anyway, I found the hotel's email address and sent a quick note stating the problem I was having getting through. Santiago emailed back quickly, apologized for the problem which he was unaware of and offered to call me. He found rooms that he said would fit our needs perfectly and offered a nice discount for our trouble and letting him know about a problem. He followed up today to let me know that Verizon was working on their phone lines and to make sure I had receive my confirmation.

They say customer service is dead, but not at the 19 Atlantic at least not with the GM. I am now very much looking forward to my stay at their hotel and am providing this pre-trip review so that anyone else who is on the fence knows that at least they are guaranteed caring staff, if nothing else at the 19 Atlantic.

I'll be sure to follow up with a review after our stay.

Room Tip: Call and speak directly with hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RHF67

Thank you for your pre-trip review. I do appreciate the nice comments; you will find the same hospitality and customer service is exhibited with all our staff members. Thank you and we are looking forward to accommodating you and your family.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Stayed here from 4/15-4/17, and enjoyed every single minute of it!! My cousin and her family had a few little issues with their room but Santiago (who is a wonderful person) did everything to correct the issue, and it worked out even better for them on their room! My husband and I along with our 5 year old son had 1 queen bed room, with a pull out and it was very comfy and cozy for all of us! Very spacious bathroom, loved just walking into the shower! We had a street view so I could see the car show from my window, I loved the fact that we could open up the windows and get the nice ocean air breeze!!!

All the complaints on here about small rooms had me very worried, but Santiago was nice enough to give me a mini tour and I must say...NOT SMALL!! (stop being cheap and pay for a nice size room people and you will have it, you get what you pay for, and it's still cheaper than the other hotels)

The staff, was very helpful with all of my request, and very prompt with delivering! All wonderful people!! Can't wait for a reason to stay again!!

Cudos to the ENTIRE 19 Atlantic hotel staff!!!

(one downfall/helpful idea...pay for a partial covered terrace...kind of sucks if it's raining and you want a cigarette) :-)

Room Tip: Call and speak to a live person, not online
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Theresa118

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I’ am pleased to hear that all of your expectations have been met and that you had a positive experience during your stay. It’s great to hear that all of our staff members were accommodating and friendly. We anticipate your return to the 19 Atlantic Hotel for your future travel plans to Virginia Beach.