“Missing Some Things :(”

19 Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very Budget Friendly.
Close Enough to the Beach. (there's another hotel blocking the view)
Pizza within a stones throw.
Shopping within a stones throw.
Technically on the Boardwalk, without a Boardwalk View. We had a view of the other Road.

The Small 1 bed rooms are about 10x10. No walking room around the bed, and on the top floor, where heat rises, and on a smoldering day, you'll hate your life.

The 2 bed rooms are slightly larger, ours had a crack in the window, which wasn't bad, but it made the Air Conditioning work extra hard. Which each of the rooms we stayed in, had one.

The staff is ultra nice, and when we had the wrong room reservation, we were fixed.

Room Tip: Don't get the cheapest option. Get the Double Bed Room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sven G

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was our second stay here. They could improve their rating by offering WI-FI, however, we were told if we had a laptop they would provide us an ethernet cord. They kept running out of washcloths! We asked for our room to be cleaned one day, Justina came to clean the room but she didnt touch the bathroom but she left the cleaner. I cleaned the tub myself. The carpets could use a good cleaning. Our AC was noisy and it took a long time to cool but when it did get could it was frigid, but if you turned it down you risked it taking forever to cool again, we tried not to touch it. We complained to the front desk but somehow I dont get the feeling that they were surprised by it at all. We spent very little time in the room so the small space didnt bother us. The microwave and fridge was a huge plus for us. I mean for the price, you are getting what you pay for, its is decent if you want a good rate with close access to the beach. The staff was friendly. I would stay again, but if you could afford to stay somewhere with more amenities. I think people are expecting a Ritz Carlton experience for $115 per night!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chelle b
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have stayed here several times now and have been very satisfied with the cleanliness, quality and comfort of my room on every occasion. Santiago and his staff are very warm, welcoming and professional and go out of their way to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. This is a botique hotel and really a great pick as a single female traveler for safety and security. The across the street from the beach location for a run, walk or a swim was perfect and being steps away from the main avenue with several great restraunts and botique shopping was great. Highly recommended!

Michigan Vacationer

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for the nice review, and we do appreciate you choosing the 19 Atlantic hotel every time your travel plans bring you back to the Virginia Beach area. We will see you next year.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is the 4th year we have planned our annual girls trip to Virginia Beach and stayed at 19 Atlantic hotel. The staff is always there to help and make suggestions on restaurants or attractions, and every suggestion we tried was fantastic. They really are there to cater to your needs. We really like hanging out on the roof deck, having a glass of wine and catching up. Very relaxing! Thanks for another great time!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff, they will find you a great fit.
1  Thank Lauri S

Thank You for having your fourth annual GIRLS REUNION back at the 19 Atlantic Hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting your event next year.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Love our stay! I travel to Virginia Beach each year for a girls vacation. We are warmly welcomed by the helpful staff from management to housekeeping. The rooms are clean and comfortable and affords close, easy access to the beach just across the street. A wonderful stay each year and we have already planned our return next year!!!

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank You for your comments and I will share your review with our staff. We look forward to having you back next year.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My husband, 2 children and I stayed for one night. I will never stay again. First no wireless Internet. The rooms appeared to be updated but the tub won't. They only give minimum towels and wash clothes. I wouldn't recommend this for a family stay. I was small a very tight sqeeze. No table in the room to eat our food, so we had to eat on the bed. I had to ask for sheets for the roll beds. There were no sheets on the bed so when I asked the reception he acted surprised so I let him see there was no sheets on the bed. I had to make the bed myself. I asked if I could have a refund being there was no Internet access and they don't do refunds. To top it off the car was hit in there parking lot. Someone left a note with a unclear phone number. I asked the receptionist do he have cameras so I can see who hit my car. He said they don't have cameras and couldn't give me anymore information. He didn't care at all. I had to call police and he was even rude with the police and didn't give any information.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Darnmisha M

Thank You for your feedback it is very important to us. Altho its unfortunate that your vehicle was hit, our staff takes all incident very seriously. We do appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We held our yearly reunion in Virginia Beach with a group of 6 staying at the 19 Atlantic. They were ready for us on arrival and anticipated our every need. It is fantastic to return to a hotel that remembers who you are and treats you well. The new night clerk, Anthony, had morning coffee ready in the lobby, was always present and was a pleasure to chat with. We enjoyed relaxing on the 3rd floor balcony in the evening.

Room Tip: The strip can be a little loud on Friday and Saturday nights. If traffic or pedestrian noise will b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank You for your feedback I will share your comments with the entire staff. We are happy to host the FOURTH ANNUAL GIRLS REUNION at the 19 Atlantic Hotel. We are looking forward to having you back. See you soon.