“It could've been perfect!”
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

19 Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“It could've been perfect!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

3 stars for clean because the shower floor wasn't scrubbed well, I cleaned it to my comfort level, ended up cleaning the bathroom to be safe. There was a toilet paper behind the hair dryer which wasn't removed during my stay either. We also had to wipe the blinds, so dusty, I get sick easily so breathing all that, not good. They need to supervise housekeeping, if they don't do a good job they'll loose customers. They have the most important job.
Loved the location, for the price that's a plus!! The rooms are cute and updated but the bed was a full size, quite small for a couple, and I'm not fat, but we didn't get a restful sleep. The bathroom in our room was super small, my knees touched the wall when I sat on the toilet lol too funny. Our room was right next to the performance side of the street which was great to watch the shows from our window, but I wished the manager would've told us. We go to bed early so we couldn't sleep until the shows were over. You need to tell your customers this information. Poor service because I called the front desk to get soap and they never brought it to us. The young employees need to be more customer centered and wear name tags. I only remember Mr. Monzon, I think he's the manager. Super nice guy. I will stay again but ask for a room not so close to the street.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This was easily the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. For 144 a night I got an extremely small room with no space. Kept awake at night by a street performer right under my window. There was blood on one of the pillows. I asked for an extra night but on a different card and they still put it on my card, now I can't pay car insurance. Awful customer service. Parking lot is tiny and extra parking was 2 blocks away. Everything is small and dirty. Only good thing was the location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie P

Travellers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We spent 2 nights here and we had a great time! The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and helpful. We got in a bit earlier than expected and we got an upgrade! The halls are tiny and like a maze, but it was a excellent place to hang your hat for a few days!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here the second week of July for a night and the hotel was great. We even got an upgrade when we arrived. I was able to find parking in the adjacent parking lot. The location is prime. The rooftop was great, abnd you can se the ocean from there. It was very neat and clean. We liked it so much we booked it again for labor day weekend before we checked out. We are looking forward to staying there the end of the month for 4 nights :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
St-Andre-d'Argenteuil, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Considering that all hotels are way overpriced in Virginia Beach this hotel is slightly overpriced for its comfort. There is still a moisture stench in the rooms and the hallway from the old place (before renovating). The AC unit was so noisy that you had to close it to be able to sleep (consider the consequences...) it is very central with the hustle and bustle of VA so it has a practical side to it. Personally I would have removed every second room and made the rooms ''normal size' at least you can walk around the bed...
As someone else suggested on another review, shop around before confirming this hotel, there are equivalent prices at much more spacious rooms.
The good news is that the bathroom is as big as the room!!!

Room Tip: get rooms in the rear, you will hear less street noise
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I haven't been to Virginia Beach for over ten years. The Hotel I used to stay at burned down
from all the information I could find. My girlfriend of eight years and myself were extreamly
happy with everything this Hotel had to offer. We came to spend time on the beach and relax,
all of which came true the four nights we spend at this wonderful place. Staff was more than
helpful, friendly and downright nice. Rooms were perfect, beds comfortable. Next time we come
we are bringing the whole family. Thank You 19th Atlantic for the wonderful memories!
I've read the reviews alot of people have written, and cannot understand the problem with
these people. The place was clean, from what I personally saw my time there, and believe me
I was looking! My experiance was wonderful! AAA+++

Room Tip: If you want to smoke room 305 is really close to the rooftop deck!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I read some of the reviews prior to booking my room and saw that most people seemed to complain about the size of the rooms. I have stayed at boutique hotels before and can honestly say I've never stayed at a boutique hotel with this small of a room. None-the-less my boyfriend and I did not have any real complaints regarding the hotel aside from the hallway carpet. With all that being said would we stay here again? Possibly. The hotel is located in a good location across the street from the beach and surrounded by plenty of inexpensive eateries. I think if we return we would actually stay at one of the beach front properties right on the boardwalk. I think the additional cost would be well worth the money.

• Stayed July 2014