19 Atlantic Hotel
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$245
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$163
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$182
US$246
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$145
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$161
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$205
Quality Inn Little Creek(Virginia Beach)
US$104
US$89
QualityInn
US$251
US$240
GardenInn.com
US$160
Hotelpower.com
All reviewsrooftop deckacross the streetsmack dab in the middlerooms are smallwould stay here againparking lot is smallcable tvlight sleeperdouble bedroomfridge and microwaveatlantic avethe general manageran older hotelbeach frontocean viewboardwalk
Reviewed 25 June 2009

When we first checked in and got to our room I was VERY suprised to see the room didn't have a window!!! We had to wait til the next afternoon to be switched to a room WITH a window. The rooms are VERY small but VERY clean!!! The staff was very helpful and went beyond thier duties!! Especially the two girls that worked the afternoons!!! This hotel was in a great location, directly across the street from the ocean. I would recommend this hotel as long as you don't mind very tight spaces!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 27 May 2009

We went to Virginia beach for the memorial day weekend. Got a decent deal in this hotel considering the rush on that weekend. It has a good location being only 1 block away from the beach and close to all amenities.
The rooms were decent and worked for us since we hardly spent time at the hotel. The hotel has free parking next to the location. The only difficulty was with connecting to internet. They do not have wireless and the hotel receptionist informed us that they do have free wired internet. We could not connect it to it though.
Overall, a decent hotel for a short trip

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank swarnadeep
Reviewed 27 May 2009

We booked our Memorial Day stay here based almost entirely on the reviews posted on TripAdvisor. Sadly, our TripAdvisor friends let us down. :(

The good:
1. The rooms are modern-looking
2. There's no musty smell found in many Virginia Beach hotels

That's all I got, folks

The not-so-good.
1. Super small rooms - now, look. I am okay with a small room. I have stayed in many a small rooms in Europe with much satisfaction. However, there's small and well-designed and there's small. You need to be able to function in a room - that's impossible here. Sit on the toilet and bump your head on a wall. No shelves in the shower to put anything (where do you put the shampoo? the soap went on the floor - gross). You couldn't get dressed in the bathroom if you wanted. There's no fan in the bathroom, so it's hot and humid (the smells will come soon, I'm sure.) If you sleep on the right side of the bed, you need to scoot off the edge to get up, because only the person on the left has enough room to get up (barely). Want to use the free Internet connection? There's no place to put your computer, so you have to sit on the mini-floor.

2. Location vs price. Okay, I expect to pay less for a room off the beach. But I also expect the room to be worth the price ($149 a night). It wasn't. A room that small should be going for much less. I see the reason why this hotel was advertising vacancies with a sign outside the door on a holiday weekend.

3. Our room didn't get maid service the entire time we were there. Day one, we put out a do not disturb sign for an hour or so to take a nap. We were woken up by the maid to hand us towels (why the sign, then?) but it seems if you miss the rounds, they don't come back. There was no maid service on Sunday at all.

4. They tell you the hotel is recently renovated. I don't doubt that, but they should seriously call the renovator and get their money back. There are holes in the wall that have been patched, but not repainted. Nails stick out of the wall, begging you to scrape yourself on them. There are black marks all over the tiles in the bathroom. There are marks on the wall. It doesn't look very professional.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1Carmen1
Reviewed 14 May 2009

We really enjoyed this hotel for the price. The location is great! It is right down the street from the Conference Center.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2009

My husband and I checked into this hotel in May 2009. We were given a room without a window. I literally have never even heard of a hotel having rooms without windows! The manager told me he couldn't move us because there were no other handicap rooms available. We didn't not request or need a handicap room. Besides they don't allow their handicap guests windows?? Awful. He refused to offer us a better room for the same or a discounted rate even when I told him he was practicing unlawful business practices for not disclosing which room I was booking online.

He was not friendly and kept acting like everything was my fault and that it was a big hassle to try and help me. He offered me a specific room and when we went to meet him there the lock was broken. He told was being very sarcastic saying we don't want that room because the lock is broken, HE is the one that told us to meet him there! I told him we are not comfortable at this hotel and we requested our deposit back.

Beware, this hotel is not nearly as nice in person as it looks online.

We lucked out and were able to book a room for our full stay at the beautiful Ocean Beach Club Resort for not much more per night.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple