“Do not use expedia - for best service call Best Western Plus yourself”

Best Western Plus Oceanfront Virginia Beach
Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Suffield, Connecticut
“Do not use expedia - for best service call Best Western Plus yourself”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I went online to look for hotel room in Virginia Beach. I called the phone # listed online and ended up with EXPEDIA. I have never used EXPEDIA before and WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN!!! I repeated many many times to the rep. I wanted an Ocean view room. I had the rep. repeat back to me many many times what I was looking for and he was correct. I was told by the rep from EXPEDIA I would get a e-mail confirming my reservation in 10 mins. I waited 2 hrs, I rec'd his other e-mails,but not my confirmation. I called Best Western Plus and found out why I didn't get my e-mail. The EXPEDIA rep.never processed my request correctly. He put me in for a non-ocean view room. I became angry, EXPEDIA kept me on the phone over 45 mins,only to lie to me NOT HAPPY. Thanks to the manager at the Best Western Plus,I explain to her what happened and how felt, she helped me get the room I wanted. It then took another 3 phone calls to EXPEDIA to cancell my reservation with them because the reps I spoke to could not understand English. DO NOT USE EXPEDIA. I will go back to old school and call the hotels when I need a place to stay. This is a good example bring the work force to the USA people. I will do a review on this hotel,but if they treat me the same they helped me with my reservation, I am sure I am going to enjoy my stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank B T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Manchester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is my third visit to the Best Western Oceanfront during Shamrock Marathon weekend. Each year the hotel has improved itself. They are currently in the middle of a remodel and what has been remodeled has greatly enhanced the experience. We had a renovated room, with a refrigerator and microwave. The rooms now have a flat screen television.

In general the rooms have a small, but nice bathroom (tub and toilet) with the sink outside. There is a safe with a key without a fee. Our room was a double with white bedding. There was a sheet, a thin blanket and a thin comforter on each bed, with four pillows per bed. The room had a table with two chairs in front of a sliding glass door leading out to a deck overlooking the ocean. The deck had two plastic chairs, but it was too cold during our visit to use them.

The hotel has included parking, either in front of the hotel or across the street in a parking garage (one car per room). The hotel has a fitness center and an indoor pool. There is a restaurant on the first floor with an included hot breakfast that also serves lunch and dinner. The hotel is directly on the boardwalk with an entrance to the beach behind the hotel. Very convenient for hitting the beach or walking the boardwalk. It is also very easy to walk to restaurants and attractions. If interested in activities, check in with the concierge for discounts and ideas.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front rooms. The lower rooms will allow you to walk right out to the boardwalk or a hi...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CMEDS
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I wish the hotel concierge knew more about what was open and available in the off season, but overall it was a good stay. LOVED waking up to the sunrise and the ocean view! :) Their breakfast is okay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
bwvabeach, Manager at Best Western Plus Oceanfront Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
thank you very much for your comments
Culpeper, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Check-in was a breeze, the room was clean and very attractive. My two night stay included breakfast, I'm not taking about a donut and coffee this was a full breakfast! There's an indoor pool which was very nice because it was snowing over the weekend. The staff was very pleasant and went out of their way to make my stay a first class experience.

Room Tip: Book online at bestwestern.com to get a great rate. I paid $68.00 a night, not to bad for oceanfron...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WtScott22701
Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Currently staying at the hotel. We were given an upgrade that we apparently should have turned down. The bed was too close to the heater so the room was frigid, after calling maintenance we found out we had to move the beds over so the heat could circulate correctly, the knobs on the jacuzzi tub were very loose and the faucet leaked and was also very loose, the ice machines were broken, and the door to the balcony didn't close tightly so there was a draft.

I have stayed in this hotel many times previously and by far this has been the worst condition it's been in.

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I just want to say we stay at this hotel once every few months , it's reasonable,clean, nice pool, free breakfast which is always a plus , every room is oceanfront but best of all is the staff .James and the crew in the kitchen and dining room are so friendly and accommodating ( including the bartenders ) You can tell they all love people and are very genuine.Fun place !!

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank 540cindy
West Virginia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I decided to start a new tradition this past December 2012--to go and stay at Virginia Beach to bring in the New Years. We checked in on December 28, 2012 and checked out January 1, 2013. I usually don't stay in the busy area of Atlantic Ave, but I figured since it was winter it wouldn't be as busy. Price played a big factor, but so did ocean side accomodations, fridge & microwave. (The microwave was not listed on the website, but our room did have one.) The free breakfast in the morning was awesome. There was pancakes, sausage, eggs, toast, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, etc. Plus all the staff (resturant, front desk & housekeeping) was nice from the start to end of our stay. The rooms were nice & clean and so was the inside pool area. The beds were comfortable. There is parking in front of the hotel, with additional parking in a garage across the street. I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel has 2 sections. Be careful where you select to stay. One part of the hotel is ocean fro...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple