Best Western Plus Virginia Beach
US$196
US$192
Country Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$156
ComfortInn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$258
  • Beachfront
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$190
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$136
US$232
US$194
US$232
US$206
Hampton.com
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$135
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
US$167
US$145
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
US$100
1,580 results
All reviewsfront deskoceanfront roomindoor poolfree breakfastocean viewhot breakfastbeach frontbeds were comfortableyogurthotel restaurantnice stayboard walkoff seasonfamily vacationbalconyboardwalkbw
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2013

A yearly conference that turned into a great girls weekend with beautiful views and wonderful weather. Thanks to all the staff who made it a great stay. We look forward to staying again next year. Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 29 May 2013

2013 Memorial weekend - It started off rocky. I will start with the good things first.
1.The room was clean
2.Housekeeping was great. Everyone working in housekeeping was wonderful. Asked if we needed extra items. Very polite
3.Hotel security was great (story of why we needed security to come later on)
4.Morning front desk staff was great - I don't remember who was on staff Saturday but she was a manager and she tried to repair what happened Friday night with check in. Monday morning check out was great, We asked for a cab to the Amtrak bus which she called. Told us to have a great trip home.
5. Maintenance was great came a few minutes after I called the front desk twice. Once for the TV other for the heat/air system. They both work fine I just didn't know how to work them. So Shawn I think his name is was great. Once you are in the room you will see. There is something on the right and two things on the left didn't know which was controlling the heat/air.

Things I could have done without.
1. NORMAN - Night person on staff who checked us in. I was inquiring about a place to eat with the security guard. We were traveling for 8-9 hours first thing I wanted was food at 11:30pm/12 midnight, my girlfriend was checking in with Norman. She was instructed to walk through the alley, which we did. I'm from NY so I was looking back making sure no one was following us. So I dropped my phone cracked my screen. We get to room 341, key doesn't work so we call the front desk he said he would send security. We wait a few minutes no one comes so she goes back across the street and I stay with our bags. He walks her out her outside and said can you read that is our building. We were at Travelodge trying to get into 341. On a serious note we could have gotten shot or arrested trying to enter someone else room. NOT cool at all. So we lugged the bags back down and security was waiting at Best Western's 341 room. We entered and before they left I turned on the TV to find snow. I call the front desk and maintenance was there within minutes. Everyone apologized for the inconvenience except NORMAN. I'm not saying all this is Norman's fault we checked in late, it was dark but we could have gotten a better welcome then what we did. We should have been told to use the parking lots elevator to get to the third floor. So Saturday morning we get up to get breakfast which stops at a ridiculous like 9am. We spoke with the daytime manager who put everything in notes for his supervisor. My girlfriend still wants an apology. We choose a room without an oceanfront cause we weren't going to be in the room to enjoy the view. Overall if you are not going to use any of the hotels amenities across the street the non oceanfront is fine but it did feel like the have and the have nots.
2. Cracking my phone running through a damn alley.

Would I stay here again I dont know I'm still on the fence about it.

Room Tip: spend the extra money for the oceanfront view it not you feel like your in a motel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LISAD1642
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My fiancee and I booked this hotel through expedia, and we got a pretty good deal, 4 nights in a king ocean front for $114 a night. The hotel is in excellant location. Only a few streets up from Neptune park and sits right in the middle of popular restaurants. This was our first trip to Virginia beach. THe hotel room was great, roomy, the balconey was very relaxing, we slept with out balcony door open every night. The front desk staff was very nice. The concierge was not very helpful, we asked for some advice on a romantic restaurant and we ended up going to a timneshare pitch for Gold Key, not appreciated. We ended up going and getting away scott free with our $30 giftcard for one of Gold Key's restuarant. The hotels hot breakfast was very nice, we ended up going to Pocahontas on our last morning because I couldn't take eggs and sausage for another morning. The onsite restaurant was nice, we went for lunch one afternoon, I wish they stayed open a little later though, they close at 9pm. I would stay here again however.

Room Tip: Need to get an oceanfront, the non oceanfront rooms are located across the street in a motel looking building. MUST GET OCEANFRONT
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Booked early last February for the end of June vacation. There are 2 properties: one is oceanfront, the main building, very nice, modern hotel, the other one is located across the street and is not an oceanfront... We stayed at not the oceanfront building and this one is like a 2-3 star motel, however they are charging as it was something good, so don't be fooled. The beach is excellent!!!!
The front desk people were very friendly and let us in the room around 12 noon (check-in time is 4pm!!!). The hotel provides the complimentary breakfast, however you need to rush and be there not later than 8:30am. All the restaurants in the area are very good and @ very affordable prices.

Room Tip: Book the room @ the ocean front building
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Plus-
Great location right on the beach. Make sure you get the new building on the beach when making reservations. They have an older buiding and parking garage across the street. Across the street is outside entrances and older rooms.

The workers could not have been friendlier, from the breakfast people, front desk, maintenance and housekeeping. All were super friendly and helpful.

Great water pressure in the shower.

Rooms were very clean.

Minus--
Breakfast was a mess. Each day the line was so long that we only ended up eating there once.

Parking -- You only get one parking pass per room with no option to even purchase another pass. If you have two vehicles, you have to find a public parking lot which are not very close and pretty expensive.

Only one very small window in the room. There were lights outside and the blinds didn't cover the whole window, so the one bed had outside lights shining on it at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family