Took a chance after considering the large variance in reviews. We got the Queen Suite in the non-oceanfront building. It was a good call. The 8 suites are in the building right next to the pool. They were exactly as advertised and as other have reviewed. Nice big room, slightly above average furnishings, 2 flat screens, small bathroom. The wet bar in the corner of the living room was huge, with a waist high fridge, microwave, sink, drawers and shelves. Almost a full kitchen, and perfect for setting up light housekeeping. If you are not going to stay in the oceanfront building, pay for 1 of the suites. It is worth every penny. They were plenty clean enough....we didn't see any bugs. We did have the weird carpet problem others mentioned, as we were on the ground floor. Wear your shoes or flip-flops and you won't notice. The people who slammed the non-oceanfront buildings are wrong!!!!! The buildings are older, and the parking ramp is sandwiched in between them, but they are NOT...NOT rundown, or dirty, or skeevy, or anything else described. The regular rooms toward the back of the property are right next to the parking ramp, with no view or anything. It is my opinion the people who slammed these rooms thought they were in the oceanfront building, and wrote poor reviews when they found out they weren't. The Hotel made sure our written confirmation was highlighted noting we were not in the oceanfront building. All the rooms I saw were decorated to BW+ standards, which is what you are paying for.
The pool was great....we saw it being cleaned and treated every day. It is not oceanfront, and is right next to the street where people are walking by, but i was clean, comfortable, spacious, and refreshing. A gem of the property.
Speaking of the property...it has it!!! LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.....higher up the strip, a bit quieter, super easy to get to the boardwalk and the beach, and 1 block from Neptune Park. A perfect location!!!!!
We didn't use the restaurant or the fitness center, or the indoor pool.
The desk staff and the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff were all great!!!!! Friendly, helpful, engaging....they made our stay better!!!!!
The breakfast was OK......it is early for the people who are leaving that day. The selection was the same and the quality was average, but it was free!!!!! We brought plastic take-out containers and filled them the 1st day, and warmed up what was left in the microwave. We also took our toaster and toasted the bagels and english muffins we got on later days. Go early, stock up, and eat in your room after that. How many days in a row can you eat scrambled eggs, sausage, and potatoes or grits anyway??? And bring some reusable bottles to get juice.
Overall, for the money, a great place to stay!!!!! If you don't care about oceanfront, where else are you going to get a suite in July for $140 a night??? There are other properties nearby, but I didn't find any for less money.....look around and you might. If we go back I will stay there...it is a known quantity!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS at the Oceanfront offers several types of accommodations to choose from. Our non-smoking hotel has stunning views from the private balconies of our oceanfront rooms overlooking the boardwalk. Easy beach access is also available from our adjacent non-oceanfront room location across the street which features double-size beds as well as eight two-room suites with one queen bed. All rooms include microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers and complimentary wireless internet service for your added convenience. Complimentary breakfast is also included in as well! Please note: One parking space is available per reserved room. We hope you will come and experience a wonderful vacation with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oceanfront Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Best Western Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Best Western