We stayed in this hotel the weekend of March 20-22. We were in Virginia Beach to race the Shamrock 8K and Half Marathon. When booking our hotel we were looking for a hotel that was reasonable, close to the start and finish line of the races, and had a restaurant attached to it. We opted for a room with a Jacuzzi and I am glad we did.. what a great stay. The room was really clean, the décor pleasing, and the service friendly.
The parking spots are insanely small so if you have a truck or suv.. be aware if someone parks next to you.. YOU WILL NOT be able to get in your vehicle.. honest! But other than that we found we LOVED this hotel and most definitely will be back again next year.
We ate every meal in the Angelo’s Restaurant which offered tasty pasta specials each night.. make sure you get there before 5:30pm for the special price.. they also had a fantastic breakfast buffet each morning until 10.. we ran the races, were back in our hotel (because it was so close to finish), showered and down at breakfast for the buffet each morning!
There was PLENTY of hot water for the Jacuzzi… which was a definite treat since it was soo cold weather wise out. The room temperature controls were self regulated so you could determine how hot or cold you wanted your room. The sound proofing seemed great.. we didn’t hear a lot of noise from other guests except the occasional slamming of a door..s me of the hotel room doors were heavy and slammed shut if someone didn’t close them gently. Our room seemed spacious and had a nice little balcony in which we could view the ocean.
The wireless internet was included in room price which was a great treat and it worked splendidly. The maid service was friendly. The indoor pool was warm… (they stated temp was 90 degrees)... but there was not a separate hot tub.. they did have a “hot tub” in the pool but since it was in the pool it was not as warm as a normal hot tub would be on the muscles.. still very nice but not very therapeutic.
We were within walking distance of everything.. the start and finish of the races. And right on the beach. Make sure you get an ocean FRONT room.. as those are the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS at the Oceanfront offers several types of accommodations to choose from. Our non-smoking hotel has stunning views from the private balconies of our oceanfront rooms overlooking the boardwalk. Easy beach access is also available from our adjacent non-oceanfront room location across the street which features double-size beds as well as eight two-room suites with one queen bed. All rooms include microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers and complimentary wireless internet service for your added convenience. Complimentary breakfast is also included in as well! Please note: One parking space is available per reserved room. We hope you will come and experience a wonderful vacation with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Agoda, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oceanfront Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Best Western Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Best Western